Sugar Bowl Going To Atlanta

RedScare

They were apparently asked to set aside a few days at Reliant Stadium while the Sugar Bowl people decided what to do.

Seeing as how there are no SEC teams in this area, having it here would not have made much since to the sugarbowl committee. Would have been nice though.

They're aren't any SEC teams in New Orleans either. LSU is the nearest one 70 miles away.

New Orleans had the corporate backing to host the event along with the facilties and atmosphere to host a large bowl game.

They're aren't any SEC teams in New Orleans either. LSU is the nearest one 70 miles away.

New Orleans had the corporate backing to host the event along with the facilties and atmosphere to host a large bowl game.

There aren't any in Atlanta, either. The Sugar Bowl is in New Orleans, because the New Orleans citizens created it. It has been there since Day One. Going to Atlanta for one year makes sense, because Georgia is in the middle of the SEC geographically.

The SEC factor comes from the SEC tie-in that the Sugar Bowl negotiated with the SEC.

Louisiana and Georgia are SEC states. As RedScare said , it is geographically correct. That was my point.

Excuse my ignorance on this, I like college football, but the whole bowl system is a little confusing to me. I thought the Sugar Bowl was a BCS bowl and had nothing to do with any specific conferences. So where does the SEC come in?

Thanks

Excuse my ignorance on this, I like college football, but the whole bowl system is a little confusing to me. I thought the Sugar Bowl was a BCS bowl and had nothing to do with any specific conferences. So where does the SEC come in?

Thanks

Sugar Bowl is usually played by the SEC div. champ.

Archived