Rone Residences: Multifamily At 2311 Westheimer Rd.

Dakota79

will be interesting if they ask to decommission that part of Cameron St. that is at the back end of the property. Not exactly of any use anymore. Probably better to turn that into a smaller alley way into whatever garage they will put under the building.

Edited by Luminare

On 7/17/2018 at 9:00 AM, Luminare said:

will be interesting if they ask to decommission that part of Cameron St. that is at the back end of the property. Not exactly of any use anymore. Probably better to turn that into a smaller alley way into whatever garage they will put under the building.

I have never heard of that street. I need to drive by! I think the apartments next door use it to access their garage, so I can't imagine it being abandoned. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dakota79 said:

I have never heard of that street. I need to drive by! I think the apartments next door use it to access their garage, so I can't imagine it being abandoned. 

So after closer inspection it looks like there is a back road from the apartment complex that attaches to this small part of Cameron St. When going into google street view it seems even a couple houses use this as a back entrance!

So thats why I think maybe it would be better to just decommission it as a full street and make it a smaller access alleyway.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TexasGeneral said:

It’s walking distance to lots of retail, including West Ave. 

I get that this is within walking distance from retail, but Westheimer is a retail/commercial corridor and, in my opinion, any time a developer chooses not to embrace and enhance that fact is a loss.  For example:  Compare AMLI River Oaks at Waugh & West Gray (no GFR) to the new Mid Main development and the already-established Post Midtown Square, both in Midtown and both with GFR.  The AMLI has zero character and creates a “dead zone” along the West Gray corridor, whereas the two Midtown developments really add life and energy to their neighborhood.  The comparison is stark.

• Like 8

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I was at Local Foods on Sunday and wow this area is just so awesome. Looking south on Kirby with all the developments, a totally new and urban Houston. This will certainly add tremendously to this area. 

Suppose Shanghai River's days are numbered. Guess I'll have to frequent more often.

• Like 3

I feel your pain.  I joked with a friend recently that we need to start a real estate business where we ask cheapskates (like he and I) where they like to eat and where they live.  Those kinds of places seem to get redeveloped every time I turn around.

37 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

I was at Local Foods on Sunday and wow this area is just so awesome. Looking south on Kirby with all the developments, a totally new and urban Houston. This will certainly add tremendously to this area. 

Suppose Shanghai River's days are numbered. Guess I'll have to frequent more often.

I feel your pain.  I joked with a friend recently that we need to start a real estate business where we ask cheapskates (like he and I) where they like to eat and where they live.  Those kinds of places seem to get redeveloped every time I turn around.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

On that note, I did see a soil testing rig near the corner of Argonne & Westheimer in that parking lot (1 lot W of this proposed development) a few months back. I didn’t want to needlessly bump this thread at that time. But yes, Shanghai Rivers plot may not be far behind the antique pavilion’s... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CasualObserver said:

Well, I don't think Shanghai River is super cheap? It's more so the only place left that has white table cloths from the 80s with decent food. They also have a dish called Happy Family Marvin Zindler which is super cool. A relic of the past for sure. The drink menu is ginormous, so many cocktails. Everyone at your table could order the same drink and they might come out different, but they're still good, part of the charm. The food is consistent and reminds of me of Chef Chan's. Higher quality than most.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Well, I don't think Shanghai River is super cheap? It's more so the only place left that has white table cloths from the 80s with decent food. They also have a dish called Happy Family Marvin Zindler which is super cool. A relic of the past for sure. The drink menu is ginormous, so many cocktails. Everyone at your table could order the same drink and they might come out different, but they're still good, part of the charm. The food is consistent and reminds of me of Chef Chan's. Higher quality than most.

They also have a photo of Marin Zindler and his dog on the wall. 

20171201_125049.jpg

Edited by jermh
  • Like 6

• The title was changed to Stanmore River Oaks: 11-Story Multifamily At 2311 Westheimer
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to High Street Residential Multifamily At 2311 Westheimer Rd.
  • 2 months later...