McIntyre’s Restaurant At 901 Commerce St.

j_cuevas713

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 7:47 PM, urbanize713 said:

This is being designed to flood, right?  

Yeah it's supposed to be, and it seemed to fair pretty well. I ran by today and the lights were on inside the building. I was impressed by that even though it's still a very bare bones construction site. Honestly I'm pretty impressed by how the majority of the trail lighting fairs along Buffalo Bayou too. Most of that gets some level of submerged a few times a year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Originally posted June 16, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. There were more renderings (earlier ones from last year), articles, and more comments & content posted in this thread by me, but I wasn't able to retrieve everything for reupping.

An updated proposed rendering of the renovated  Desel-Boettcher Building at 901 Commerce in downtown Houston.  This went before HAHC either in April or May for approval of a brick veneer wall on the building's exterior.

This is the former Spaghetti Warehouse restaurant that's undergoing renovations to become a bar.  There will be an area for food trucks to pull into. I don't know if they'll run into the same problems at Truck Yard because of the food truck set-up and its proximity to a seating area. Upstairs are two bars and a DJ booth.

The team behind this also behind Midtown bar Sage County and McIntyre's bar in the Heights.

The name of this bar may be MCDHTX.

It's designed by DD Diamond Development + Construction Group.

sQvebzA.jpg

FDaIyD9.jpg

• Like 1

Originally posted June 19, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. There were more renderings (earlier ones from last year), articles, and more comments & content posted in this thread by me, but I wasn't able to retrieve everything for reupping.

More on  the bar proposed for the Desel-Boettcher Building at 901 Commerce in Houston (the former Spaghetti Warehouse).

The bar may be named MCDHTX. It's from the team behind Midtown bar Sage County and McIntyre's bar in the Heights.

According to this post, it may open in November.

This is from Virtual Builders Exchange, taken from the Houston Archaeological and Historical Commission (HAHC)  documents.

Renovations have begun at the flood-prone former Spaghetti Warehouse building, 901 Commerce Street, a landmark building in the Main Street/Market Square Historic District.

In May, the city granted Certificate of Appropriateness on the designs and the developer, Diamond Development + Construction Group started construction. The project schedule calls for completion by Nov. 15, according to a report filed in March with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation.

Diamond Development stated to the TDLR that the project cost estimate is $1.6 million. Diamond Development does its architectural and construction documents in-house.

901 Commerce was constructed in 1912 on an slope at the banks of the Buffalo Bayou. Because of the bayou’s proximity, it has been prone to flooding over the past century. Business operations were forced to close most recently because of Hurricane Harvey.

The Spaghetti Warehouse chain acquired the property in 1988. Diamond Development purchased it June 20, 2018 and submitted plans with the city last summer for its renovation.

Diamond Development’s concept starts with the idea that it’s best not to fight Mother Nature. If the building is likely to experience flooding, it should be designed for that. It is being remade into an open-air street market with a second story bar.

This requires use of materials that resist molding and the knocking out of sections of wall so that the interiors receive a constant breeze–when there is a breeze.

Since 901 Commerce was constructed on a steep slope, it is a two- and three-story building with a total area of 22,608 square feet.

It’s two stories at Commerce Street, but the lower portion follows the slope to allow for a third level next to the north parking lot. The bottom level is to be used for truck deliveries.

https://www.virtualbx.com/feature-story/houston-flood-prone-downtown-landmark-to-reopen-in-november/

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted July 19, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before. There were more renderings (earlier ones from last year), articles, and more comments & content posted in this thread by me, but I wasn't able to retrieve everything for reupping.

Elevation renders of the bar proposal for the Desel-Boettcher Building at 901 Commerce in Houston (the former Spaghetti Warehouse).

The bar may be named MCDHTX. It's from the team behind Midtown bar Sage County and McIntyre's bar in the Heights.

The renderings are from HAHC documents linked above.

South elevation
DwHGkWk.png

North elevation

oNTm033.png

West elevation
oNTm033.png

East elevation
35CMqPh.png

• Like 2

I think there's an official name for the bar under construction at the Desel-Boettcher Building, 901 Commerce. This was the former Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Houston.

The team behind the former Sage County bar in iMidtown and McIntyre's in the Heights bought the building, ( which I posted about last year (post many of the posts I made in this thread last year and this year were deleted in the mass purge of my content in "error" (supposedly) by a mod 🙄  ) . The name linked to this bar has been MCDHTX. It's what's shown on TABC and building permits. But I think the name will be McIntyre's.

Last August, someone on Reddit Houston wrote this:

Found out last week that they’re opening a new location at the old spaghetti warehouse downtown.

I’m assuming they’ll open it as McIntyre’s instead of another concept with them already being a popular and proven name/concept. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/9929xp/mcintyres_doesnt_like_college_students/e4kkirk/

Also I noticed this clue this week: I follow McIntyre's on Facebook and received a notice earlier this week the page changed its name to McIntyre's The Heights.  And it's the same on their website. The name change signaled there's another location in planning. I searched and couldn't find anything. It then dawned on me that MCDHTX = McIntyre's Downtown Houston (duh).

I haven't been able to find a Facebook or Instagram page or post to confirm. 

On 10/30/2019 at 3:24 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

I think there's an official name for the bar under construction at the Desel-Boettcher Building, 901 Commerce. This was the former Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Houston.

The team behind the former Sage County bar in iMidtown and McIntyre's in the Heights bought the building, ( which I posted about last year (post many of the posts I made in this thread last year and this year were deleted in the mass purge of my content in "error" (supposedly) by a mod 🙄  ) . The name linked to this bar has been MCDHTX. It's what's shown on TABC and building permits. But I think the name will be McIntyre's.

Last August, someone on Reddit Houston wrote this:

Found out last week that they’re opening a new location at the old spaghetti warehouse downtown.

I’m assuming they’ll open it as McIntyre’s instead of another concept with them already being a popular and proven name/concept. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/houston/comments/9929xp/mcintyres_doesnt_like_college_students/e4kkirk/

Also I noticed this clue this week: I follow McIntyre's on Facebook and received a notice earlier this week the page changed its name to McIntyre's The Heights.  And it's the same on their website. The name change signaled there's another location in planning. I searched and couldn't find anything. It then dawned on me that MCDHTX = McIntyre's Downtown Houston (duh).

I haven't been able to find a Facebook or Instagram page or post to confirm. 

Here is confirmation of the bar's  name. This is the bar under construction at the Dedel-Boettcher building, the former site of Spaghetti Warehouse at 901 Commerce.

An Instagram account created today for McIntyre's Downtown Houston.

https://www.instagram.com/mcintyresdowntown

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We are so damn lucky that so many restaurant renovations got done before Coronavirus. Not only this but renovations at former BoA center, Houston Center, planned GFR at new highrises, etc. Retail is entering a great depression and these things would not get financed now.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

We are so damn lucky that so many restaurant renovations got done before Coronavirus. Not only this but renovations at former BoA center, Houston Center, planned GFR at new highrises, etc. Retail is entering a great depression and these things would not get financed now.

Now is the time to support them. If these proprietors can survive and eventually thrive along with the drivethroughs, that will help shift the narrative.

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...