dbigtex56

Westheimer Center 1212-1232 Westheimer

Westheimer Center (1200 blk. Westheimer - Nidda Thai Cuisine, Erotic Cabaret, former Radio Shack, etc.) is stripping off the blue sheet metal façade.
Unfortunately, there's nothing of interest underneath, but just about any change will be an improvement.
Hopefully, this will attract new businesses to a block that's underperforming.

• Like 1

Four months later, it still looks much the same. Seems like too good of a location to just sit there - any info about what may be coming?

I noticed that too...it is taking fooooooooorever to get work done on this and meanwhile the burger king almost next door has been knocked down and a shake shack has been built and nearly open in the same amount of time! what in the heck?! 

Yep the lack of progress is baffling, what is odd about this project is there's isn't an artist rendering or coming soon signage,a complete mystery. Too add injury to it all, they've ran off the Adult Novelty store.

• Haha 1

So glad they renovated that...I am surprised they didn't do something either with more stories or something cool and unique...but hey its a step for sure! I know Nidda Thai Cuisine had said they would be moving back in. I bet they are excited there is finally an end (and new beginning) in site!!!

This one is getting there. Maybe another month to go to finish it off. They are now leasing.

C05zcXj.jpg

FSbaSDZ.jpg

• Like 2

Finally!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed that this weekend as well...hopefully they are kicking this into high gear...i still think its possible that it will be december or january though before anything opens...

we shall see! 🙏

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I see the Nidda Thai restaurant sign that indicated they are returning is no longer up

Edited by Toopicky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/6/2019 at 11:13 AM, Toopicky said:

I see the Nidda Thai restaurant sign that indicated they are returning is no longer up

I was hoping they'd return, but also wondered how a small restaurant could afford to be closed for an extended period before resuming business. A rent increase seems probable as well.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

I was hoping they'd return, but also wondered how a small restaurant could afford to be closed for an extended period before resuming business. A rent increase seems probable as well.

Well, I don't know if they will or not, but it seems odd that their banner has  disappeared after being up on the fence during the entire reconstruction period.

I will say that the strip center looks one heck of a lot better now than before .....

Edited by Toopicky
  • Like 2

Yep it definitely looks better than before! However this is probably the longest i have ever seen a strip center under construction...my gosh! It's no wonder Nidda Thai had to pull out if that is indeed what happened! 

• Like 5

The chain-link construction fencing came down this morning.
(and an aside - the Valero at Montrose & Westheimer is being rebranded back to Circle K.)

• Like 4