Psychiatrists And Psychotherapists

harementire

11 hours ago, harementire said:

The weather is good, and everybody is enjoying, but I still feel empty and lonely, and I don't want to go out with my friends. Whats wrong with me?

Completely normal, especially for people who are more introvert. And there are a lot of other people in your situation too. Sometimes you just need to get out and walk around... enjoy nature for yourself and not worry about what other people are feeling... My best friend had a pretty traumatic breakup (had to see a psychiatrist) and he ended up getting a dog to help him because he feels incredibly lonely and he walks his dog around... he's able to enjoy the weather and perhaps meet new people if he wants to or not.

3 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

...and stop reading your facebook feed. 

I quit Facebook about 6 months ago, best thing I did. Such a time suck, and so easy to forget everyone on it is putting their best face on to make their lives look more glamorous than they really are, and feel inadequate by comparison.

2 hours ago, Triton said:

My best friend had a pretty traumatic breakup (had to see a physicist)

That MUST have been a REALLY traumatic breakup if he had to see a physicist over it! Was the physicist able to reset his neuron's atoms' quantum states or something? ;)

43 minutes ago, Reefmonkey said:

That MUST have been a REALLY traumatic breakup if he had to see a physicist over it! Was the physicist able to reset his neuron's atoms' quantum states or something? ;)

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... :)

Wow even the smilie faces are broken.

Maybe find a new activity to do? Sometimes people exercise to feel better.  It releases endorphins I believe, and it also puts your body/mind at ease.  You can also try writing or reading.  Buy some nice pens, and a pad of paper and put your thoughts down :lol:

Beer drinker? Go try some local beer.  Sit down at an active place where there's people.

14 hours ago, harementire said:

The weather is good, and everybody is enjoying, but I still feel empty and lonely, and I don't want to go out with my friends. Whats wrong with me?

If this is something more than a case of the 'blahs' and you continue to feel this way, I urge you to seek medical help.
There are numerous physical conditions that can affect a person's mood. I'm glad you're reaching out, but no one can accurately diagnose what's going on over the internet.
I should also mention that depression takes many forms, and is increasingly treatable. Please let us know how you're doing.

21 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

If this is something more than a case of the 'blahs' and you continue to feel this way, I urge you to seek medical help.
There are numerous physical conditions that can affect a person's mood. I'm glad you're reaching out, but no one can accurately diagnose what's going on over the internet.
I should also mention that depression takes many forms, and is increasingly treatable. Please let us know how you're doing.

This is a great post.

Depression and anxiety often come as a matched set.  If you think you need help, then by all means reach out to a professional.  It's what you would do if you had a persistent cough, or if you sprained your ankle.  They're all medical issues in one way or another. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Psychiatrists And Psychotherapists

Archived