Weslayan Plaza: Retail Center At 5586 Weslayan St.

Weslayan Plaza announcement: Goodbye Chuck E., hello Torchy

http://www.instantnewsbellaire.com/weslayan-plaza-announcement-goodbye-chuck-e-hello-torchy/

Weslayan Plaza is going to lose a longtime family favorite, Chuck E. Cheese, but gain an outlet of the growing Torchy’s Taco chain, Instant News learned Monday (May 21).

A spokeswoman for Regency Centers said Torchy’s is poised to open in the east section of the plaza in summer of 2019. There was no immediate word about whether Chuck E. Cheese will relocate in the Bellaire-West U-southwest Houston area, but InstantNews has contacted the chain’s corporate media relations department for a comment.

UPDATE: A Chuck E. Cheese rep says the company will have no comment at this time, but Regency Centers has said the restaurant will close in September.

Torchy’s began in Austin. Its menu of non-traditional taco combinations and sides for breakfast, lunch and dinner has expanded successfully into 11 Texas cities, with 14 locations in the Houston area alone, including one in Rice Village. The chain also has multiple locations in Oklahoma and Colorado.

The new Torchy’s will be just a few doors down from the 30-year-old Weslayan Plaza family mainstay, Skeeter’s, which features tacos and other Tex-Mex and southwestern specialties but offers a broader menu.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Torchy's Tacos new West University location will have full bar

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/bellaire/news/article/Torchy-s-Tacos-new-West-University-location-will-13628436.php

A grand opening party will be held at the new location with free food, drinks and entertainment, representatives said. The event will be open to the public.

The West U location will have a full bar like several other Houston locations, representatives said.  The unique taco chain has 14 Houston locations, with plans for two other new restaurants located in Conroe and the Woodlands.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Weslayan Plaza Developments
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Weslayan Plaza: Retail Center At 5586 Weslayan St.
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to Dogtopia - 3814 Bissonnet St.

I know I created a post about this but can no longer find it using the search.

A few days ago I talked with the owner of all the Dogtopia's while at her new location on Waugh Dr. she mentioned this one is also going up.

Gz7GTeR.png

MT2GL1w.png

• Like 1

I know I created a post about this but can no longer find it using the search.

A few days ago I talked with the owner of all the Dogtopia's while at her new location on Waugh Dr. she mentioned this one is also going up.

Gz7GTeR.png

MT2GL1w.png

• 1 month later...