tigereye

Etro Lounge leaving Montrose for Downtown in August

Anvil is taking over... don't know if that means they are keeping the existing structure or what but the landlord elected to lease to anvil & co. instead of renewing etro

3 hours ago, swtsig said:

Anvil is taking over... don't know if that means they are keeping the existing structure or what but the landlord elected to lease to anvil & co. instead of renewing etro

Wow. How do you know? Any clue what they're going to do with the extra space? Just throw in a bunch more seating?

On 6/26/2018 at 8:13 PM, ArtieFufkin said:

Wow. How do you know? Any clue what they're going to do with the extra space? Just throw in a bunch more seating?

Bobby Heugel just posted about it on facebook (editing out some here, it's a nice, genuine, lengthy post):

The landlord at 1424 Westheimer offered us the Etro space this year for reasons that were his own. We decided to accept both to protect our interests at Anvil and because this was an opportunity we couldn’t pass up. Following our landlord’s decision and our recent lease extension, it was the right choice for me as a business owner and someone that cares tremendously about protecting the livelihoods of all of the staff that depend on me at Anvil. That said, I am going to miss Etro tremendously and know that this type of transition is not easy for any business

As for our plans for the new space, I have no comment. It would be inappropriate to step on someone’s last days in their space by trying to promote our future plans. And truth be told, I have no firm ideas as I have not had the opportunity to view the space as a tenant. One thing is for sure, however, Anvil will not be expanding. I love that bar just the way it is, and whatever we do will be done to make sure that Anvil’s identity and consistency is not disrupted in any manner.

Anyway, it would mean a lot to me if you would consider visiting Etro over the next month and showing them your support and then also doing so after their move. That bar is reflective of the good people that own and work at it, and we wouldn’t be where we are today at Anvil without them.

There will always be a little bit of Etro in Anvil.

Edited by corbs315
assigning quote to someone else

Very classy move by Heugel. 

I'm very interested to see what happens to that space.  Even though Westheimer has become an incredible restaurant row, I love the hipster pockets that maintain the "alternative" roots of Montrose.  I hope this becomes another dance club, hooka lounge, tattoo parlor, etc and not a wine bar or restaurant.  

What part of Bobby Huegel screams hooka lounge or tattoo parlor. This is definitely going to become some sort of establishment that compliment's Anvil.

Rest assured it will be a solid addition.  Bobby has yet to whiff on an establishment.

Drove past there this weekend. The window added to the front has already made this building look tons better in my opinion! I am excited to see this place finished! 

• Like 1