Railway Heights: 8200 Washington Avenue

Urbannizer

Originally posted August 25, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this thread, mostly what was posted on the first page from last year and earlier this year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages. Archive links coming soon.

Construction progress photo of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. The photo shows Railway Heights Market, that's the food hall and market part of the Railway Heights development.

The photo was uploaded to Facebook last week.

EsZ1Won.jpg

Originally posted August 29, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 
retrieve  everything I contributed to this thread, mostly what was posted on the first page from last year and earlier this year (included earlier renderings, archived links to leasing brochures, and earlier reports of the project). However I was able to save pages 2 and 3 from this thread and will repost content I shared (and found) previously from those pages. Archive links coming soon.

Construction progress photo of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. The photo shows Railway Heights Market, that's the food hall and market part of the Railway Heights development. It also shows progress on the lawn portion of the Railway Heights development.

The photo was uploaded to Facebook Tuesday:

4N7aq30.jpg

uWWQnR7.jpg

Originally posted August 29, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Exterior construction progress photo of Railway Heights.  This is located at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

The photo comes from Railway Heights' construction webcam.

This is a screenshot from the live feed taken Thursday morning  and afternoon of the front of Railway Heights Market and the lawn at Railway Heights.

aWOe7zb.jpg

FBCQqKc.jpg

Zoomed in view of Railway Heights' Railway Heights Market

lWWAwZ8.jpg

Originally posted September 8, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Photos from Facebook from the hard hat tour of Railway Heights. The photos show the lawn, the food hall and market Railway Heights Market.

mSXPr1i.jpg

Wh4niH2.jpg

Originally posted September 10, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Easy Park and Verde hired Shop Cos. to  market Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. They're also handling the leases.

Shop Cos. released updated marketing and leasing materials for Railway Heights. Most of the materials is for phase 1 that includes Railway Heights Market.

https://shopcompanies.com/properties/railway-heights  (archive link)

Brochure: https://shopcompanies.com/sites/default/files/Railway Heights presentation.compressed_0.pdf?v=1567786868 (archive link)

Railway Heights is the reimagining of a 40,000 SF design warehouse into a food-centric destination, including a Food Hall, Beer Garden, and Farmer’s Market. 

Operated by the Silent Theatre Group, the restaurateurs behind Conservatory and Bravery Chef Hall, the food hall will be a ± 22,380 SF vibrant market curated of goods, food stalls, retail, and crafts.

An additional ± 15,397 SF on the ground floor is available for lease to complimentary food & beverage, fitness, and co-working users.

From the leasing brochure:

Farmer's Market
Commitment to local produce is key. As such, the project features an outdoor promenade hosting the weekly farmers market every Saturday and Sunday.

Grocery
Local purveyors will sell goods in bulk, including fresh gulf seafood, locally raised meats, and curated cheeses.

Beer Garden
Approximately 13,000 SF of the outdoor space is dedicated to the beer garden, featuring 80 beers on tap, a dog park, stage, and outdoor seating.

Container Farm
Utilizing the next generation of container farming, lettuce will be  grown onsite and served at the first location of Let Us, a revolutionary salad bar concept.

Easy Park
Railway Heights will feature an Easy Park system on the Northeast corner of the site. In the interim, an on-site surface parking lot  with 211 parks is available, in addition to valet service for all tenants.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Originally posted September 10, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Updated site plan of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston. 

Dvd1GQR.jpg

I wasn't  able to 

Photos of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

The photos show the lawn, the food hall and market named Railway Heights Market.

Images are from Shop Cos. brochure for Railway Heights Market.

Railway Heights Entrance
9Tqj5Ph.jpg

Railway Heights Market and the lawn at Railway Heights
erIdQbH.jpg

Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights
YYsC2xT.jpg

Railway Heights Market and the lawn at Railway Heights
DIbWaQe.jpg

EqNuqCg.jpg

I wasn't  able to 

Photo of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

I don't know hwne this was taken but it's recent. This was uploaded yesterday to Railway Height's Google Map listing.

The photo shows the portion of Railway Heights Market near the area where the dog bar park and beer garden will be.

DfSefsB.jpg
(original link)

UVAabap.jpg

I wasn't  able to 

Photos of Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

This was taken over the weekend during the Saturday hard hat tour of the Railway Heights development.

The photo shows the second floor  of Railway Heights Market.

Photo comes from Facebook.

tp7OoJK.jpg

A screenshot from a video showing the front of Railway Heights Market and part of the lawn with the benches and swings installed.

5zgOHIM.jpg

I wasn't  able to 

This was taken over the weekend during the Saturday hard hat tour of the Railway Heights development.

This is the area where the dog park bar SitBar will be.

Ek1dDkm.jpg

A video of the second floor of Railway Heights Market at the Railway Heights development. (video is from a personal account, so the link below is direct link to the video file. The video's url signature will expire soon resulting in a dead link by tomorrow.)

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/v/t50.2886-16/70836181_132603131359365_6052458543684682367_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com&oe=5D7A41DA&oh=8312a102f97d0125f5f72129bad35a56

Screenshots from the video:

YQ8JDDm.jpg

EMvC0vX.jpg

CxyCxIr.jpg

Og1kC5g.jpg

Originally posted September 11, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

More details and updates on Railway Heights at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

Anticipated opening

A Railway Heights Market vendor shared on Facebook an opening target for Railway Heights Market and the lawn. Both, including the beer garden and dog park bar are part of the first phase of the Railway Heights development. The estimated opening will be around the end of the 2020 first quarter or early second quarter.

Ideally, the first phase is anticipating to open sometime in March 2020. March has been the estimated opening date since late spring, but it's a date Company of Nomads and vendors keep repeating. Prior opening dates were summer 2019 and fall 2019 (November), but Railway Heights pushed those dates back because it was nowhere near completed.

Additional food vendors

More food vendors have been picked for stalls on the second floor food hall. There will be a taco vendor obviously, churro vendor, po'boy vendor, a Jamaican or Caribbean food vendor, a vender serving Vietnamese grilled pork & rice ( bun thit nuong ), and an Indian street food vendor.

Other vendors known were discussed on page 1 and 2 in this thread.

I don't know who will be part of the hawker market yet.

Grocery

Also besides Black Hill Ranch, I don't know of other tenants for the grocery portion. I've heard rumors of Houston Dairymaids being the cheesemongers, but nothing concrete.

I haven't not heard or found any details about the possible distillery rumored to open here.

Originally posted September 12, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

On 9/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

More food vendors have been picked for stalls on the second floor food hall. There will be a taco vendor obviously, churro vendor, po'boy vendor, a Jamaican or Caribbean food vendor, a vender serving Vietnamese grilled pork & rice ( bun thit nuong ), and an Indian street food vendor.

An update on a food vendor at Railway Heights Market at the Railway Heights development. Railway Heights is located at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston.

The food hall food vendor that will sell churros is Churrazon.

I could only find an Instagram page for it:

https://www.instagram.com/churrazonhtx/

Originally posted September 11, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

An operator for one of the food & beverage concepts at Railway Heights Market confirmed Pierogi Queen and Churrazon as food vendors.

The other vendors listed have been confirmed previously and also discussed on pages 1 & 2 in this thread (and other vendors too not listed in the Instagram Story screenshot below).

Railway Heights Market is the food hall and market portion of the Railway Heights development. Railway Heights is located at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston.

3Yh7jB3.jpg

• Like 1

Originally posted September 22, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

These were taken last weekend during the Saturday hard hat tour of the Railway Heights development.

Entrance to Railway Heights Market, the food hall, market, wine bar part of the Railway Heights development.

Photos are from Instagram:

5V97oV1.jpg

This is the lawn area

tTOaAQh.jpg

yNHHFbz.jpg

This is the area for the dog park bar SitBar or Sit Bar

agiFuAW.jpg

rjTnKSG.jpg

BO5YBAa.jpg

Originally posted September 23, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

These were taken over the weekend during the Saturday hard hat tour of the Railway Heights development.

Photos are from Instagram:

First floor of Railway Heights Market, the building containing the food hall, market, wine bar and more in the Railway Heights development.

BsXVXn7.jpg

Second floor of Railway Heights Market, the building containing the food hall, market, wine bar and more in the Railway Heights development.

13E9B1w.jpg

dkEigjm.jpg

Originally posted September 23, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

This is in front of Railway Heights Market and the lawn area of the Railway Heights development.

From Instagram stories so the image quality isn't the best:

VlBTQkm.jpg

Originally posted September 30, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

More photos of the landscaping installed last week at Railway Heights, 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

From Instagram this weekend:
WsGM1g1.jpg

NTglccj.jpg

From the Railway Heights construction webcam Sunday morning:

nHjXTHT.jpg

Originally posted September 30, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

I wasn't  able to 

Updated rendering inside Railway Heights Market on the second floor. This is the food hall and market portion  of the Railway Heights development at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston.

Railway Heights Market and Company of Nomads uploaded the renderings Saturday to Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/railwayheights/posts/542770726528211

The corner stall for Churrazon or Churrazòn is shown. That may be a churro and Mexican sweets shop.
CbjyFc7.jpg

Wine bar at Railway Heights Market named Puncheon
ftpBW0n.jpg

sDDcHZ6.jpg

• Like 1

I wasn't  able to 

Update on tenants at Railway Heights Market.  This is the food hall and market portion  of the Railway Heights development at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston.

The Nextseed campaign page for Railway Heights Market provides more details about the lawn area and outdoor areas, concepts, stalls, and businesses (there is some overlap from previous details).The update also includes the names of the wine bar and beer garden.

THE FIRST FLOOR

Ten Market Stalls:
Concepts will include bakers, butchers, fishmongers, cheese mongers and more. The tenants of the market stalls will pay base rent plus a percentage of sales generated.

General Store (RHM owned and operated):
A catch-all general store section will sell convenient items such as toothpaste, shampoo, and the like. The grocery component will also buy excess produce from the weekly farmers market and from some of the market stall suppliers. The featured selection of “ugly produce” and a zero-waste bulk goods section will offer shoppers an easy way to reduce the environmental impact of their purchases. 

Coffee Shop & Roastery (operating partner identified):
Roasting fresh coffee beans daily and serving the best coffee beans from all over the world. 

THE SECOND FLOOR 

Twenty Food Concepts:
A food hall-style array of 20 diverse eatery options. Each will occupy its own small modular footprint within the space, signing a renewable one-year to three-year lease with a base rent commitment plus a percent of sales. If a vendor is looking to grow into a bigger space, the flexible layout within Railway allows for adjacent spaces to be merged into one.

Eight Hawker Stalls:
Fully built “hawker stalls” will feature pop-up chefs and brand-new food concepts. The stalls will be available for lease in three-month increments to keep the market constantly refreshed. Hawker stalls will share a higher percentage of net sales with no base rent.  Hawkers can renew their lease upon exceeding a certain sales threshold. 

Twenty Retail Concepts:
Independent sellers of goods such as vintage clothing, handmade gifts, jewelry, crafts, and more. Retail vendors will have more flexible lease terms of 3, 6, and 12 months with base rent plus a percentage of sales. 

Puncheon Wine Bar:
The central anchor upstairs, the wine bar will be operated by entrepreneur Shepard Ross (partner at Pax Americana, Brooklyn Athletic Club, Bravery Chef Hall). Wine bottles will be available for purchase under an off-premises license for consumption to go, great for one of the market’s many outdoor spaces. An advanced wine-on-tap system will offer access to a greater sampling of options while reducing inventory spoilage costs.

Let Us Salad Bar:
The salad bar will offer salad boxes that can be purchased from a vending machine (cutting down on labor costs) and then filled from the plentiful healthy options on offer, including greens grown onsite in hydroponic freight container farms. This first container will be used as a pilot with plans to expand the program to include more growers and containers in the future.

Watever’s Fresh:
A variety of cafeteria-style prepared healthy foods made from fresh produce from local farmers. Watever’s Fresh will cater to a variety of diets including vegetarian, vegan, paleo and keto diets. Watever’s Fresh will be open during lunch and dinner hours when locals in the neighboring area are looking for a quick and healthy alternative to complement a busy lifestyle. 

OUTDOORS 

Rhizome Beer Garden:
The 13,000 square foot beer garden will feature over 100 local, domestic, and imported beers and beer-centric cocktails — like shandy — that can be found on tap. A shipping container will be used in the beer garden to complement the surrounding areas industrial feel, while also reducing material costs. Currently the General Manager at Conservatory’s Beer Garden, Ivan Silva will move over to Railway Heights Market after opening.

SitBar Dog Park Bar:
The first-of-its-kind in Houston, the membership-based dog park will offer a connected bar with a selection of liquor, alcoholic cocktail pouches, and non-alcoholic juice pouches for kids. The park will also offer peanut butter on tap for pets - an exciting game changer!

Family Park:
The family park will be a 22,000 square foot amenity meant for visitors of all-ages, offering space for picnics and relaxation. The Railway team will also manage the programming at the park (events, classes, parties, private reservations, and more), attracting more visitors to Railway Heights Market.  

https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/railway-heights#business-model

I wasn't  able to 

Another tenants update shared recently by Railway Heights Market. 

Railway Heights Market is the food hall and market portion  of the Railway Heights development at 8200 Washington Ave, Houston.

An update to investors September 12:

We have about 50% of our vendor spaces leased. Our team has conducted interviews with the owners and chefs and very diligently tasted their menu (Yum!). We decided to partner with these concepts not only because of their historical success, but because they are entrepreneurs aligned with our mission to "incubate exciting new concepts". These vendors have made early commitments to Railway Heights due to the strength of this one-of-a-kind Houston location.

The Railway team is now carefully curating the remaining leases. As our mission states, we are committed to giving small businesses and vendors the opportunity to be seen and grow by being a part of this market. We will continually rotate the kinds of concepts we believe will thrive in this environment when timing is appropriate.

https://www.nextseed.com/offerings/railway-heights#updates

I wasn't  able to 

On 7/18/2019 at 6:21 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Company of Nomads, the operators of Railway Heights Market  (Conservatory, Bravery Chef Hall) that is part of Railway Heights from Easy Park and Verde updated their website.

https://companyofnomads.com

Before, it was a dummy page with a template. But in the last week, the full website launched with their own content. 

It's not launched in full, links to the food hall, vertical gardens, and other areas their company.

There will probably be more information uploaded on Railway Heights Market soon.

Company of Nomads website has more pages up. There was a landing page before.

On Company of Nomads' website is a new opening date for Railway Heights Market, part of the Railway Heights development at 8200 Washington Ave in Houston.

The site lists Railway Heights Market coming Summer 2020. And there's this in the market's bio:

Our anticipated opening is in June of 2020.

https://companyofnomads.com/projects

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/17/2021 at 7:03 AM, BigRed said:

So I was doing some digging and it sounds like the space has been leased out to a church...

My assumption is that it's a shorter term lease a la a church that meets in a movie theater or school gym.

No. Railway Heights is a mercantile development. Railway Heights Market is the food hall and marketplace within Railway Heights. Other businesses such as co-working offices and in this case, the Story church have signed on to operate in the Railway Heights campus.

Plenty of people think Railway Heights is a food hall not knowing it's the name of the entire development that will include different phases & projects. 

• Like 1

I don't know the complete roster for Railway Heights' food hall & marketplace Railway Heights Market. Since the start of the project, there have been changes to the lineup.

Some tenants say the food hall & market will open in June. This is the latest timeline given to them by Railway Heights Market operators.

A few of the food stalls within Railway Heights Market at Railway Heights:

Mac & Twist - mac & cheese concept

Heads & Tails - Cajun & Creole concept 

Churrazon - churreria

Jani's Waffles - waffle concept

Pierogi Queen - Polish concept

Sandos - Japanese sandwich concept

Samosa Haus - Southeast Asian concept 

Tablitas - charcuterie cone concept

Peaky Grinders - burger concept 

BOH Slice - Roman pizza concept

Puncheon - wine bar