Trash & Treasure's On Westheimer Rd.

blue92

When I was a kid going to Longfellow Elm. in the 1960s my mother was into refinishing old furniture and making things like waterfalls out of junk, then dragging them to junk shops and reselling them. One of her/our favorite junk shops was a place on lower Westiemier by the name of Trash & Treasure's. I used to go with her and I would play on the floor among the old stuff. Does this place still exist? Guess I found my love for old stuff from my Mom and old places like this.  

When I was a kid going to Longfellow Elm. in the 1960s my mother was into refinishing old furniture and making things like waterfalls out of junk, then dragging them to junk shops and reselling them. One of her/our favorite junk shops was a place on lower Westiemier by the name of Trash & Treasure's. I used to go with her and I would play on the floor among the old stuff. Does this place still exist? Guess I found my love for old stuff from my Mom and old places like this.  

Trash & Treasure was located on the northeast corner of Westheimer and Park St.
It had been there a long time when I moved to Houston in '81. And yes it was a junk shop (in the best sense). No particular theme, and a little bit of everything. It was a fun place to spend a rainy afternoon just poking around through stuff. Even the building was pretty funky - it may have been a converted filling station from the '20s or '30s.
Unfortunately, it's been demolished and is now (surprise!) a parking lot. For a vape store. Sigh.

• The title was changed to Trash & Treasure's On Lower Westheimer Rd.
  • The title was changed to Trash & Treasure's On Westheimer Rd.

Archived