Freeway Work Near St. Josephs Pkwy.

Does anyone have an idea of what the city is doing with the ramps near I45/59 off of St. Josephs Pkwy? Can someone point me to where I can find this information out.

They have been working nonstop for months and it looks like they are putting up two new ramps next to 45.

There's a big thread in the transportation sub. The downtown/scott exit from 45 is being re-configured as the 59/scott exit.

eventually, when work is complete, you will exit for 59 NB/SB near the cullen/lockwood overpass. anything beyond that will either continue on to 45 north, or downtown destinations.

it looks like they're probably a month or two away from opening the new downtown destination exit (Pease and St Joseph Pkwy), thankfully.

it also looks like the 59 NB is going to be finished soon too.

I suspect that once the Pease/St Joseph/Downtown exit is open, they will close the existing 59 SB exit, and you'll have to exit there to get to 59 for while till the new 59 SB ramp is complete. 

It's the first stage of re-doing the downtown freeways - they are turning the elevated lanes that go into downtown from a downtown access ramp that exits onto Pease and St. Joseph into the exit ramp that will head to both 59 north and south.  The goal is to eliminate the left exit for 59 S, and also move a lot of the weaving off the main lanes and onto the elevated lanes.  The original completion date I saw was October 2017 so I have no idea what the actual completion date is.

2 minutes ago, cspwal said:

It's the first stage of re-doing the downtown freeways - they are turning the elevated lanes that go into downtown from a downtown access ramp that exits onto Pease and St. Joseph into the exit ramp that will head to both 59 north and south.  The goal is to eliminate the left exit for 59 S, and also move a lot of the weaving off the main lanes and onto the elevated lanes.  The original completion date I saw was October 2017 so I have no idea what the actual completion date is.

This is a separate project that was funded separately than the 45 project that is stalled and not yet funded.

• The title was changed to Freeway Work Near St. Josephs Pkwy.

Archived