Sovereign At The Ballpark: Multifamily At 100 Crawford St.

LBC2HTX

I just have to wonder if this is not the Regalia property. 
Like I said several posts ago I lived in the Wagon Works building and our address was 101 Crawford. 

In most blocks 100 would be just across the street or the western side  of the Wagon Works building putting it in  the vacant parking lot just south of the bayou.

Just saying.

• Like 1

Could the paint on the exterior have been lead, and they're abating it before demo?

On 6/4/2018 at 1:37 PM, dwf402 said:

For the past few weeks they have been chiseling the smooth surface of the face of the building. Why would they go through all this effort if they are going to demolish it?

• Like 1

Is this the development?

Swamplot posted an article saying the site is to be redeveloped:

http://swamplot.com/east-downtowns-houston-post-building-now-airing-out-in-preparation-for-whats-next/2018-06-06/

Edit: This isn't for Regalia, this is actually for a development in Eado. My bad.

Edited by CaptainJilliams
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, cspwal said:

According to the plat Urbannizer found, this is the block that the "Regalia at the Park" is going

Latest development map also confirms this...it's listed as under construction (see #5).

https://www.downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2018-05-29/180529_Development_Map__Renders_11X17.pdf

• Like 1

Drove around the site today. It looks like they've finished the paint removal. There is a fence around the property.

I did notice a large yellow sign in the door way at the southwest corner of Crawford and Commerce.

It might have been a sign that had been up on the building and taken down to remove the paint.

The sign said  NOW LEASING

Loft Conversion opportunities

Office, Retail and Medical .

I called the number on the sign and it went directly to a voice message saying nothing.

If there had been someone there I would have found out.

Just now, bobruss said:

Drove around the site today. It looks like they've finished the paint removal. There is a fence around the property.

I did notice a large yellow sign in the door way at the southwest corner of Crawford and Commerce.

It might have been a sign that had been up on the building and taken down to remove the paint.

The sign said  NOW LEASING

Loft Conversion opportunities

Office, Retail and Medical .

I called the number on the sign and it went directly to a voice message saying nothing.

If there had been someone there I would have found out.

I actually like this idea better. Re purposing the building IMO is a better option. 

49 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I actually like this idea better. Re purposing the building IMO is a better option. 

Agree. I really like the idea of keeping that little nook of downtown as a “warehouse district” with renovated and repurposed commercial buildings (Wagon Works building, Nabisco building, etc.).

• 3 weeks later...

FAA case for the construction crane on this one. Construction schedule of 09/03/2018 - 03/02/2020

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=367668913&row=98

Overview
Study (ASN): 2018-ASW-9119-OE
Prior Study:  

Received Date: 06/13/2018
Entered Date: 06/13/2018
Map: View Map
Construction Info     Structure Summary
Notice Of: CONSTR
Duration: TEMP    (Months: 18    Days: 0)
Work Schedule: 09/03/2018  to  03/02/2020

Structure Type: Crane
Structure Name: SOLERO REGALIA AT THE PARK
FCC Number:  

Structure Details     Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 29° 45' 39.70" N
Longitude (NAD 83): 95° 21' 12.90" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Houston (and vicinity)
State: TX
Nearest County: Harris

Proposed
Site Elevation:
Structure Height:
Total Height (AMSL):

Frequencies
Low Freq High Freq Unit ERP Unit

55 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Just wondering if we have figured out why they would do all the effort to clean these up if they are just coming down.

Looks like the EPA has guidance on keeping asbestos wet during abatement to avoid getting it in the atmosphere:

https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/documents/nps5da.pdf

There's also guidance on wetting surfaces for removal of lead-based paint:

https://www.epa.gov/large-scale-residential-demolition/lead-based-paint-and-demolition 

• 1 month later...