Atlantic Coffee Solutions - 3900 Harrisburg Blvd.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mr.Clean19 said:

They are just prepping for legalization. Then they will be the best positioned manufacturer for the city of houston. 

It will be interesting to see if other industry, or commerical products that relate to hemp then start develop in East End because of proximity. That would be neat to watch.

I also thought that hemp was already legal. Isn't it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

I also thought that hemp was already legal. Isn't it?

Industrial hemp production was legalized in the recently-ended legislative session. Perhaps Mr.Clean19 is looking further down the road to legalization of all varieties of cannabis. 

• Like 1

We were all wondering what was going to happen to the plant and it’s crazy that we find out the original owners were going to tear it down. So glad this hemp company bought the equipment and are leasing property. This is huge for the area. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4

On 7/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, mkultra25 said:

Industrial hemp production was legalized in the recently-ended legislative session. Perhaps Mr.Clean19 is looking further down the road to legalization of all varieties of cannabis. 

Yes, there will be some future legalization. My guess for Texas is 2020 or 2021. The republicans have already come out and supported in. Just have to move the Lt. Governor out of the way first. Once it is set, all of these CBD shops popping up like weeds will convert over to distributors and I guarantee that the processes will be in place at this factory to start mass production.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

Yes, there will be some future legalization. My guess for Texas is 2020 or 2021. The republicans have already come out and supported in. Just have to move the Lt. Governor out of the way first. Once it is set, all of these CBD shops popping up like weeds will convert over to distributors and I guarantee that the processes will be in place at this factory to start mass production.

Not 2020. The Legislature doesn't meet again until January 2021, unless the Governor calls a special session, which I don't see happening for legalization.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I wish all of those buildings were that tall.

If you made your way down Harrisburg there's a bridge that crosses some tracks that provide an excellent port view of Houston view - 610 bridge, Huntsman/Valero. The area around the last light rail station is pretty cool too (harrisburg/wayside). Also if you turn around on that same bridge, Downtown views are great!

If you want the Hartman Bridge shot, definitely go park at O'Neals Sportsbar & Grill. You can fly that drone all around the bridge and get some great shots of the Exxon Baytown facility.

Since I'm straying off topic I'd also suggest parking at the San Jacinto battle grounds. Vopak Deer Park & ITC Terminal to the west on the same side of channel have some great infrastructure. A lot of berths and always buzzing with tankers.

• Like 2

Are you talking about the bridge that goes over Clifton/Hughes?  Doing a quick Google street view drive makes it look like it would be pretty nice.

Appreciate the other info as well.  I have been wanting to get out that way for a bit. I'm a bit hesitant to test my luck with flying around the refineries for security reasons even though they would make for some really interesting photos/video.

10 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Are you talking about the bridge that goes over Clifton/Hughes?  Doing a quick Google street view drive makes it look like it would be pretty nice.

Appreciate the other info as well.  I have been wanting to get out that way for a bit. I'm a bit hesitant to test my luck with flying around the refineries for security reasons even though they would make for some really interesting photos/video.

Yes that's the one. A good camera lens in both directions would make for a great shot.

If you park where I suggested you'll be fine. Flying over the ship channel should not be a problem either. Just keep the drone on public land/water and you'll not have any problems. We have vessel owners request drone footage of new vessels/maiden voyages all the time.

• Like 2

On 7/27/2019 at 10:23 PM, j_cuevas713 said:

We were all wondering what was going to happen to the plant and it’s crazy that we find out the original owners were going to tear it down. So glad this hemp company bought the equipment and are leasing property. This is huge for the area. 

There are rumors of a new logo for the East End...

4649664_0.jpg

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/5/2020 at 12:33 AM, fayknotme said:

Wonder how this goes for the next couple years. 

Center for Pursuit & BakerRipley opening nearby encouraging.
But worry this could become dilapidated before anything positive happens with it.

It's a very unique site. If no one picks it up for factory use, I can't imagine the tear down would be cheap. Thing is a beast.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

It's a very unique site. If no one picks it up for factory use, I can't imagine the tear down would be cheap. Thing is a beast.

What about partial re-usage? I just want a bar with a view from the top of that front building. The skyline view would be amazing. 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, pm91 said:

so much is happening around here that there's gotta be something going in at the coffee plant. So much potential. Could be a big market/meeting venue for the neighborhood.

It's now owned by CDAB III, LLC. They have the same address as the ECOM Foundation that is a non-profit specializing in (among other things) ... coffee production.

http://www.ecomfoundation.org/en/

This property is too valuable as a major industrial asset to simply be changed into a "cool" retail building.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ljchou said:

This property is too valuable as a major industrial asset to simply be changed into a "cool" retail building.

Aside from that, I wouldn't think the layout would be conducive to conversion into retail. This building is mostly vertical and likely has some layout intricacies which would get in the way of a straightforward conversion.

The closest analogue I can imagine offhand is the silos in Sawyer Yards, but that building had a much more conventional shape and is maybe half the height of this facility.

• Like 1

The HCAD valuation is something on the property.

• 2017 - $20.65 mil
  • 2018 - $27.34 mil
  • 2019 - $17.90 mil
  • 2020 - $26.74 mil
  • 2021 - $26.98 mil

Of the $26.98 mil the breakdown is $7.49 mil for the land and $19.48 mil for the buildings. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...