7-Story Multifamily Mid-Rise At 3360 McCue Rd.

Urbannizer

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

I much prefer this new design. Also just realized I live right across McCue from this. Would love for the empty lot at the corner of McCue and Richmond to be developed. 

It will be sooner than later as the MCNair mixed used development will probably spur development on that empty lot.

• Like 4

I like this. Is the developer linked to the Bristol Parc? It would be nice if that building got a fresh coat of paint with this influx of capital. It might be the most tired looking (occupied) building in the whole city! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Timoric said:

Crazy thought, in 10 years Uptown Houston approaches parity with Downtown Houston in terms of square footage

Now that you mention it, I am curious as to whether residential is included in square footage or is it only business. Currently I believe the TMC is larger than downtown in terms of square footage. The Uptown area is certainly huge, but is designated as having approximately half the square footage ad the Med Center. My eyes do not see it that way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

Now that you mention it, I am curious as to whether residential is included in square footage or is it only business. Currently I believe the TMC is larger than downtown in terms of square footage. The Uptown area is certainly huge, but is designated as having approximately half the square footage ad the Med Center. My eyes do not see it that way.

The number most often seen is for office space square footage.  I doubt the Medical Center has exceeded downtown.  According to the TMC website, "TMC’s campus encompasses 50 million developed square feet." Downtown has almost 43 million square feet of just commercial office space (with almost 2 Million square feet under construction). That does not count the dozens of hotels, government buildings, the GRB (1.8 MSF), MinuteMaid Park (1.26 MSF), Toyota Center, St. Josephs' Hospital...

Likewise, I doubt Uptown will  approach downtown in square footage, even in ten years.  Let's not forget that downtown has also been adding square footage at a pretty rapid pace (almost 2 million square feet of office space under construction currently, plus several high-rise and mid-rise apartment buildings.)  For a point of reference, while Uptown probably still has more square footage in hotels and certainly in residential, Uptown only has about 17 Million Square Feet of office space.

• Like 5

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Bristol Cove: 31-Story Highrise on McCue
  • 1 month later...

^^^ resort pool addition is quite lovely, seems a bit miami-esq.  this particular design could very well be the largest condominium/apartment resort pool in the houston area.  hopefully, this particular BRISTOL COVE design is final... and they may move on to development...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1