Motorcycle Dealers in the Houston Area

Racer997

• 4 weeks later...

There use to be a place that sold dirt bikes and atvs on south Post Oak between West Bellfort and Willowbend in the 80s I think in the early 90s the place caught on fire and was never reopened.  Sorry I do not have any more info on this place maybe someone else does.  There is a place on Long drive 2 or 3 blks east of Wayside that is a Motorcycle salvage yard that is the only info I have. 

On 4/13/2018 at 1:00 PM, DJboutit said:

There use to be a place that sold dirt bikes and atvs on south Post Oak between West Bellfort and Willowbend in the 80s I think in the early 90s the place caught on fire and was never reopened.  Sorry I do not have any more info on this place maybe someone else does.  There is a place on Long drive 2 or 3 blks east of Wayside that is a Motorcycle salvage yard that is the only info I have. 

In the 70s the dealership on S.Post Oak was called Westbury Yamaha, it occupied the old post office building when the post office moved to a new facility on Belrose at Atwell.

On 4/13/2018 at 1:00 PM, DJboutit said:

There is a place on Long drive 2 or 3 blks east of Wayside that is a Motorcycle salvage yard that is the only info I have. 

That would have been Union Cycle Salvage, which AFAIK has been closed for some time now. I ran across another local salvage yard whose minimal website refers to having gotten started in business in Houston in 1975 prior to moving to Pasadena, which makes me wonder if the owner has a connection to Union:

http://houstonmotorcyclesalvage.net/index.html

@Urbannizer (or any other mods),  looks like the OP accidentally double-posted when starting the thread, so we have duplicate threads now - can this one be merged with the other one? http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/39058-motorcycle-dealers-in-the-houston-area/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...