Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

Third Ward: Block of townhomes @ 2020 McGowen off market

^^^ great illustrations triton!  the gentrification of these areas are now on a roll... superb!

As long as the blacks aren't totally pushed, I'm fine.

Although the gentrification is nice in one way I do agree. I would hate to see this community completely displaced by rising land prices. 

Although the gentrification is nice in one way I do agree. I would hate to see this community completely displaced by rising land prices. 

The Midtown Redevelopment Authority and Coleman are apparently working to make sure the residents will not be displaced.

See:

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32931-purpose-of-midtown-redevelopment-authority/

Looks tasteful. Not a fan of townhomes. But I'm a fan of windows,  and I find the front very attractive.  Better than a huge blank wall with an ugly garage facing the street.

• Like 3

I'll take a picture of these when I'm back in town.  They've already finished the exterior on the St Emanuel St side town homes.

I keep forgetting to get new pictures of this development. One of the units had a fire at the door so they placed a fence around the entire block.  I haven't seen any work done on these in months and they've taken down listings on har.com.  I've included pictures I took over a year ago.  Wondering what happens if the developer went bankrupt.PZb5aIe.jpgaQYBvCv.jpg

Edited by BeerNut

I came across these randomly but they caught my eye and they're marketed as brownstones if I remember correctly. I looked on HAR and never found anything on them so maybe what you’re asking is the case. They look cheaply made in person. Although, I like the brick at the bottom.   

On 3/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

I came across these randomly but they caught my eye and they're marketed as brownstones if I remember correctly. I looked on HAR and never found anything on them so maybe what you’re asking is the case. They look cheaply made in person. Although, I like the brick at the bottom.   

That's correct - looks like they've also eliminated the rooftop decks

Rendering-Final.jpg

17 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

That's correct - looks like they've also eliminated the rooftop decks

Rendering-Final.jpg

This looks so much better. They should have kept with the brick from top to bottom.  Maybe the units facing DT have the decks....?? IDK

• Like 1

Looks like they got a cash infusion.  There were workers there earlier in the week

mIcdCl4.jpg.iGKyNHQ.jpg

• Like 4