Spring ISD School Attendance Boundary Changes

Sparrow

Spring ISD seems to be trying to slip school attendance boundary changes under the radar of locals. You have got to love a survey process that only lasts one day past the community meetings and the only news releases to the public about the meetings are in the "neighborhood" section of the Chron.com--at 2p the afternoon before the day of the last meeting it appears.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/spring/news/article/Spring-ISD-considers-attendance-zone-changes-10948440.php

The numbers on their campus "enrollment projections" don't seem to incorporate development patters at all--are they not aware of new neighborhoods and apartment complexes that have already gone up? For that matter, the numbers in the doc also are not reviewed--Salyers somehow magically loses 100+ students one year and gains them all back the following year, while Smith does the opposite?? What's going on here is a typo that the school district failed to catch. Oops! SMH.

Does SISD really think that by the 2020-2021 school year their districtwide high school student population will only increase by ~100 students? Then what are the three new 9th grade campuses in the last bond election for!?!?

Using I-45 as the "natural" boundary for Middle School zones? Give me a break. What they're really doing is setting up for another bond proposal to fix the terrible zones that are going to be put into place now--all of those middle school kids living along Imperial Valley will be riding the bus thru Aldine ISD to get to school. Take a look at the high schools too--that one's an "interesting" one too.

http://www.springisd.org/abr

Check it out for yourself and see if it passes the smell test. This one ought to get media attention very soon--something's not right here.

• 1 month later...

From my understanding Spring High School and the three middle schools in its territory are more highly ranked than the Westfield and DeKaney area schools. If so, then it looks like the 2021 plans are going to damage property values in Spring.

Why doesn't Spring ISD just build HS#4 in Spring?

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:37 AM, VicMan said:

From my understanding Spring High School and the three middle schools in its territory are more highly ranked than the Westfield and DeKaney area schools. If so, then it looks like the 2021 plans are going to damage property values in Spring.

Why doesn't Spring ISD just build HS#4 in Spring?

The land on Cypresswood in the far Northeast side of the district would be far better suited as a high school rather than a stadium. The Dekaney land would be better centralized and equipped for a 10,000+ seat football stadium. The amount of traffic coming to Cypresswood--with no major cross streets near the stadium--on game days will be quite the inconvenience to the local neighborhoods. Putting the stadium at the Dekaney land with FM 1960 and I-45 right there would have made much more sense.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Houston-Area School Districts

Archived