Multifamily Near Farmers Market At 700 W. Calvacade St.

Urbannizer

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/03/07/exclusive-new-apartments-coming-near-houston.html

Dallas-based Lincoln Property Co. just bought a little more than 8 acres of land near the soon-to-be-reimagined Houston Farmers Market off Airline Drive for a new four-story, Class A apartment complex. 

Becky Hand and Tom Dosch with Houston's Dosch Marshall Real Estate brokered the deal. The land originally belonged to an unnamed out-of-town investor from Waco, Texas, and was sold for an undisclosed amount. This will be Lincoln Property's first multifamily project in about 30 years, they said. Requests for comment from Lincoln weren’t immediately returned. 

The apartment project will include about 300 units and will have surface parking rather than a parking garage, Dosch said, due to the larger 8-acre size. Dosch and Hand estimate it could be about 18 months before any units are available.

They received several offers from apartment developers, investors and townhome developers, Dosch said, all eager to embark on land they consider ripe for redevelopment.

“This is a unique opportunity to come into a market that’s changing very rapidly,” said Dosch, principal at Dosch Marshall

Located near the Heights, the area will likely start to see new residential and commercial projects crop up as the market’s new look is complete. The site is at 700 W. Cavalcade St., near the corner of West Cavalcade and Airline and about a mile southwest from the intersection between the 610 Loop and Interstate 45.

I couldnt find the description on the developers website, the only thing i read is that it will be built as a Class A Multifamily. Their website is very robust and they certainly dont appear to be new to this space (multifamily). If this truly is their first foray into multifamily in over 30 years; i cant imagine they would build something understated. 

To NativeHoustons point, this will only help to improve the surrounding commercial businesses. 

A 300-unit apartment complex springing up right next door to a post office that already has a line out the door half the time strongly suggests that a once-popular phrase that has fallen out of favor will soon be readopted by Generation Hashtag: "going postal". 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Demo permit for the Equipment Depo building.  Property was purchased by a Lincoln Property Company entity, but I cannot find any other info.  My guess is multifamily given what is happening up the street on Airline.

13 minutes ago, s3mh said:

Demo permit for the Equipment Depo building.  Property was purchased by a Lincoln Property Company entity, but I cannot find any other info.  My guess is multifamily given what is happening up the street on Airline.

From a month ago:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Triton @Urbannizer

oh boy I caught a whooper tonight fellas deep in the sea of "The Heights" sub forum haha

This one needs to be put in "Going Up" pronto. Easy to miss with it being in here.

This one is well into construction.

Developer: Lincoln Property Company

Architect: GFF Architects

Renders from the developers website:

https://www.lincolnapts.com/properties/lincoln-heighta-houston-tx

Exterior

PB5Ryx4.jpg

Site

YohcCyT.jpg

Lobby

htRyPMC.jpg

S8fIowp.jpg

Probably what the site looked like Q1 this year per google maps (need updated photos):

gCnUZt4.jpg

1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Good catch, @Luminare. I forgot about this. I agree, this should be moved to the Going Up forum while this is under construction.

Yeah and I'm sure their are plenty others. Was going through the smaller projects in The Heights forum to place on the map. We need more in-the-field/on-the-ground reporting. While @ekdrm2d1 and @hindesky are legit hardcore field guys, we can't ask them to go to EVERYTHING. It would be nice to grow that crew by getting people who live in each area who are open to the task to do follow ups in their hoods. Our coverage of the big projects is stellar, but with all the activity going on in town right now we need more for smaller projects / infill.

2 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

So I recently moved right across the street at the Residence in the Heights apartments. I was walking my dog this morning and noticed they were tearing up the median. Anyone know what's going on here? I see this area changing rapidly. 

I saw that the other day, and was wondering if they're possibly performing maintenance or upgrades on buried utilities because of the new construction. 

5 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

So, how long before we start seeing things like Cypress Heights, Spring Heights, Bammel Heights? Haha

I'm hoping someone names a res building 420 Heights, personally.

A few years ago, I commented on a very small project I was actually involved with. Within 6 hours I had the architect, the owner e-mail me and my bosses that they recognized me and told me to shush. I was embarrassed.  A lot of projects and/or clients that I work with end up on this site. I either don't comment on those articles, or very very sparingly and typically on items not related to the actual construction. Though, I secretly hope one day that @hindesky catches me in the act at a construction site on one of his bike rides, I'll fess up if I'm in a photo of his. 

Anyway, thats why I generally don't post my photos, even for projects i'm not involved in at all. Don't want to piss anyone off :)

8 hours ago, Luminare said:

Yeah and I'm sure their are plenty others. Was going through the smaller projects in The Heights forum to place on the map. We need more in-the-field/on-the-ground reporting. While @ekdrm2d1 and @hindesky are legit hardcore field guys, we can't ask them to go to EVERYTHING. It would be nice to grow that crew by getting people who live in each area who are open to the task to do follow ups in their hoods. Our coverage of the big projects is stellar, but with all the activity going on in town right now we need more for smaller projects / infill.

Since everyone is speaking off topic...  I used to ride/walk around Midtown and my immediate area of Third Ward but now that it's summer my motivation is lacking...haha

On 7/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, Purdueenginerd said:

A few years ago, I commented on a very small project I was actually involved with. Within 6 hours I had the architect, the owner e-mail me and my bosses that they recognized me and told me to shush. I was embarrassed.  A lot of projects and/or clients that I work with end up on this site. I either don't comment on those articles, or very very sparingly and typically on items not related to the actual construction. Though, I secretly hope one day that @hindesky catches me in the act at a construction site on one of his bike rides, I'll fess up if I'm in a photo of his. 

Anyway, thats why I generally don't post my photos, even for projects i'm not involved in at all. Don't want to piss anyone off :)

I completely understand this. I'll probably be going into things like this more when I make an official thread for the Map itself. There should be a standard set of general rules or guidelines to follow. While I'm someone that is fairly open, and likes open source information, I also know that there are a bunch of people that don't. One of the first guidelines for myself is...if its public information that can be found (even if you have to hunt it down) whether in the virtual or physical world then its available to put on the map, or have a forum dedicated to it. I'm also someone who is a 'do things and ask questions later' kinda guy, but I also operate with key principles.

I'm very liberal in the interpretation of ROW. If a picture can be taken from any point within public ROW then its a photo that can be taken and put on the forum. I don't encourage anyone to break-in or sneak into things to get information, and I don't encourage those here who are in the industry to post info or pictures of their own projects without prior authorization from their employer. For example, I've seen the entire set of construction documents for The Driscoll, but just because I have access to that info it doesn't mean that I'm at liberty to post that set of drawings, elements of those drawings, or reveal technical matters of those drawings, because it isn't publicly available info (and it shouldn't!). So when I was analyzing the fact that they were doing the bands in concrete and not furring them out in mtl stud that was from info in pics that were taken from ROW from which we could engage with that discussion, and because we can see it happening there is no need for me to go to those drawings and check. I too don't talk or create threads of buildings I'm a part of (though I'm in a mostly single family residential office so that is outside the purview of this forum), and won't discuss them or share photos of those projects unless its info that has been made public and I'll only discuss what has been made public.

In short, please take photos and share. I know the forum would appreciate it, but just be smart about it. If its from the ROW then you are protected. If you don't feel like that is something you want to engage in thats fine, but then again you are already a great source of info that I like to turn to when it comes to the engineering aspects of buildings which is valuable enough as it is.

• The title was changed to Multifamily Near Farmers Market At 700 W. Calvacade St.

Archived