Office Proposed For Radcliffe At Cornish St.

Urbannizer

I was wondering what eventually would go there. I used to live in Cottage grove and would always drive by it in the mornings when I would go to work. They used to have a small billboard that said some sandwich shop was coming soon. I guess they found a higher bidder.

• Like 2

https://www.virtualbx.com/construction-preview/25219-houston-multifamily-complex-to-expand-5-story-office-project-delayed.html

Gold Quest Group LLC, a residential/commercial brokerage firm, controls a vacant lot at the northeast corner of the Interstate 10 frontage road and Radcliffe Street near TC Jester Road. The firm retained the services of The Woodlands office of BDC Nomadas, a multi-national architectural firm that was founded in Venezuela. Previous projects by BDC Nomadas include The Woodlands Gate complex, the Valencia Town Center and the Special Education Institute, both in Venezuela,

BDC Nomadas is designing a five-story office building on a lot of about one-third of an acre. Vehicles will enter the building and park at ground level or one story above. Ground level parking will be screened on all sides, except for the entrance, by a landscape earthen berm.

The second and third floors are dedicated for office use. The fifth story will have an enclosed garden.

BDC Nomadas brought the case to the commission to request a variance for a 10-foot building line instead of the required 25 feet.

The report to the commission said, "The intent of the developer is to create a commercial property that would create an urban feel by including a walkable environment and a building that is aesthetically pleasing. This property was previously platted as a single family residential subdivision with a 10-foot build line located along the Katy Freeway service road, Radcliffe Street, and Cornish Street."In its current state, the property has one 6-foot sidewalk that is located along the Katy Freeway service road. In order for the client to be able to provide enough parking, square footage for commercial use, and to implement the pedestrian realm ordinance they are requesting a reduced building setback variance."

The sidewalk on the I-10 frontage will be relocated and widened, and it will continue around the block to Radcliffe and Cornish streets. Trees and green space will be installed between the sidewalk and the right-of-way. Benches will be installed between the sidewalk and the building.

The Planning Commission considered the case March 1 and deferred the plat upon staff's recommendation so that the developer could have more time to submit project information.

• Like 3

So that basically confirms the construction thats going on at the site right now is for another office building adjacent to it. Looks like this property is only taking up 1/3rd. The current construction is about 2/3rds.

I'll try to head over there this weekend, looks like they had drilled piers constructed already. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • The title was changed to 5-Story Office Proposed For Radcliffe At Cornish
  • 1 year later...
  • The title was changed to 5-Story Office Proposed For Radcliffe At Cornish St.
  • The title was changed to Office Proposed For Radcliffe At Cornish St.