Sign in to follow this  
matty1979

Voss Road Rapist

Does anyone know anymore details on the Voss road rapist who assaulted numerous women in the 80's and 90's? I know he was the Quarterback for Westchester High School football team in the mid 70's. 

His name is Sandy Sanderson, and he was sentenced to 50 years in prison. That was decades ago, so he's probably out by now and I have no idea where he is, if he's still living. He's mentioned in the first paragraph of this Texas Monthly story from 1996. https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/state-of-the-reunion/

I'm not a Westchester Alum. I just Searched for Houston Voss Road rapist and found this article. 

Edited by FilioScotia

Apparently was "spotted" at a Voss Road nightclub. Anyone have any thoughts on what that nightclub might have been? 

The apparent fact that he's still locked up years beyond his original parole eligibility date tells me he probably hasn't been what we would call a "model prisoner". He was denied parole in May of last year because of the nature of the crimes he committed.

Here's what the parole board wrote about him last year. "THE RECORD INDICATES THAT THE OFFENDER HAS REPEATEDLY COMMITTED CRIMINAL EPISODES THAT INDICATE A PREDISPOSITION TO COMMIT CRIMINAL ACTS UPON RELEASE. 

THE RECORD INDICATES THE INSTANT OFFENSE HAS ELEMENTS OF BRUTALITY, VIOLENCE, ASSAULTIVE BEHAVIOR, OR CONSCIOUS SELECTION OF VICTIM'S VULNERABILITY INDICATING A CONSCIOUS DISREGARD FOR THE LIVES, SAFETY, OR PROPERTY OF OTHERS, SUCH THAT THE OFFENDER POSES A CONTINUING THREAT TO PUBLIC SAFETY. "

Wow. If he's that bad he needs to be put away for life, but he wont be. He'll get out some day, and I predict he will go back in for committing new crimes. 

Posted (edited)

He was quarterback at Dulles High school Stafford, Tx. around 1975..I know because I played there..His grandfather died,and left him a fortune..He quit school and bought or inherited a Home in the Memorial area..I never heard about him anymore until one night on the local news ,the police released a composite sketch of the Voss Rd rapist. I told my wife. " thats Sandy Sanderson, and I know him.."  then proceeded to tell her about his inheritance..about a week later he was on  the news ,he had been arrested for the rapes..Most of the victims were elderly. 

Edited by Robery
Left something out