Best Live Music In Houston?

Where would I find the best live country/ old time Rock n Roll music in Houston?

I think you would enjoy "Mary's" on Westheimer. Good music going on there, and alot of what I like to call "talent" to "hook up" with for the night. :o

Where would I find the best live country/ old time Rock n Roll music in Houston?

You should check out www.firehousesaloon.com . They always have a good lineup of Texas country artist. I think it fits the mold of a honkeytonk. I enjoyed seeing Jack Ingram there; so check their calender and give it a shot.

The Hideaway on Dunvale just north of Richmond has some good Texas style blues, rock, & honky-tonk bands roll though. They also have some good food.

You can also try Sherlock's on West Gray in River Oaks, and the Scout Bar on Egret Bay blvd in Webster. The local rock station 94.5 "the buzz" does live remotes & battle of the band contests at both locations. Its going to be primarily modern rock at these locations though.

Here's a breakdown of Houston's rock stations:

93.7 - Classic Rock

94.5 - Modern Rock

103.7 - Classic & Modern Rock (60/40 split respectively)

107.5 - Oldies

• 8 months later...

check the schedule, but there's no question that the Mucky Duck is a great place to see/hear live music!

Hickory Hollow (on Heights) has great country/bluegrass music every Friday & Saturday. Continental and Dan Electro's might appeal to you as well.

check the schedule, but there's no question that the Mucky Duck is a great place to see/hear live music!

Hickory Hollow (on Heights) has great country/bluegrass music every Friday & Saturday. Continental and Dan Electro's might appeal to you as well.

how could i forget the DUCK! it goes to the top of my list

Archived