Home At 1766 Pasadena St.

Hello, 

i don't know is this topic has been mention before but i'm curious about this huge mansion. looks very unique and actually looks like it was very beautiful when this home was being used. the home now looks abandon and covered in larges trees.   

does anyone know anything about this place?

I've heard story's about being a fraternity but not clear.

thanks 

Built in 1911, designed by the same firm that designed the 1910 Harris County Court House. http://www.east-lawndale.org/id24.html

It appears to have been owned by a fraternity or sorority from 1992 to 2003. The owner was Texas Delta Alumni Corp.

Amother mention in this article http://offcite.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2010/03/ByTheWayside1_Koush_Cite69.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I first moved back to Houston in 1984, I saw it and was really impressed by it. It had a sign that said "Boarding House," and there was what looked like a cabbage patch or vegetable garden along its front walk. I soon moved into the neighborhood but had little reason to pass by the mansion/boarding house for several years. In 1991 I enrolled my daughter in a daycare home down the street, and by then the mansion looked vacant, but soon there were signs of construction and remodeling, and before long I was told that a fraternity moved into it. I wished I'd had some excuse to go inside when it was a boarding house. How was that for an anachronism!

• 1 month later...

I had high hopes that the old mansion would be fully restored. But the restoration stopped a while back. Scaffolding is still standing and a front window is open to the elements. One of the old topographic maps shows that the natural bayou was located closer to the house. You can see traces of it on old aerial maps. 

• 3 years later...
  • The title was changed to Home On 1766 Pasadena St.
  • The title was changed to Home At 1766 Pasadena St.