Dakota79

Midtown Sears to Become Houston's Innovation District

Maybe my perception of parking ( or lack of it) being on the lowest rung of importance is flawed. I should have used IMO.

Still-the majority of meetings I attend where parking questions come up- there is usually a big hurry to get on to other priorities.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 7:18 PM, houstontexasjack said:

Edit: and the parking lot south of Fiesta. We might need some purple to hit the gamut of Infinity Stones. 😊

Not sure how I missed this but there is a small parcel near 69 that is listed on HCAD as being owned by Sears.  I would think Rice owns or will acquire this parcel also.

m4rRyj4.jpg

Edited by BeerNut
  • Like 5

Now on the HAIF Development Map under the layer "Renovations, Reuse, Revamp". All future proposals/property that is under Rice's control is under the layer "Proposed". For any updates on the status of this project. Please DM me.

Things to keep an eye on include (but not limited to):

-updated renders (will be adding pics to all projects later)
-project name changes

-changes in use or additions of uses

-changes in number of stories

-changes to Developer or additional Developers

-changes to Architect or additional Architects/Designers

-announcements or changes to construction dates / finish dates

If any of the above is missing in the project info already then please assist clarifying any missing info to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2019 at 7:41 PM, hindesky said:

A project to transform the former Midtown Sears building into an innovation hub is set to break ground July 19. 

A place to hold the groundbreaking ceremony?

• Like 5

The building's parking lot is now full of worker's trucks, I'm assuming they are going to town on the inside of the building while the heat has been causing hallucinations in people who dare to go outside at 1 pm.  A lane of wheeler has been closed the last few days early in the morning as they move stuff into the building. Makes you kind of wonder how much work they actually have to do on the outside.

• Like 5