Sign in to follow this  
mkultra25

A Brief History of Evil Developers in Movies

mkultra25    606

Ran across this earlier today and thought @Evil Developer might be able to use it as a checklist for movie nights:

A Brief History of Evil Developers in Movies

Quite a few solid pull quotes that HAIFers will undoubtedly find amusing, for example:

But there’s at least one real-estate developer plot that Hollywood seems to have so far ignored, the one that’s often playing out real-life today: Wealthy NIMBY property owners fight development to “save their neighborhood,” when in reality they are trying to keep out low-income renters from accessing their exclusive school district. Perhaps this scenario isn’t quite as satisfying as watching a bunch of scrappy kids save their house by finding a pirate ship hidden in a cave.

:lol:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

LOL.  thanks for posting this, as it was this depiction of developers that inspired my handle for this site (and SL too)

BTW, GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!!!!

Edited by Evil Developer
i have the typing skills of a frog

IronTiger    805

I've heard the "save the community center" plot, but I guess it was Breakin' 2 that inspired it (along with the joke about "Electric Boogaloo" being used as a sequel name)?

Did they have a '80s music montage and a freeze-frame ending of everyone jumping up in a "yeah" pose?