I-45 NB Ramp To Highway 59 NB To Close For Six Months

placoors

• 4 months later...
20 hours ago, cspwal said:

The new ramp curving up from Cullen to the Downtown Connector new ramp to 59 is almost done.  I haven't really seen any work being done on columns further west of where the HOV lane goes onto 45.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

42677347122_13ef8913be_h.jpg

I-45 Ramps to I-69 Reconstruction by Marc longoria, on Flickr

I-45 north ramp to I-69 connected... I wonder if perhaps they'll wait for the entire project to be finished before opening it or whether they'll open at least the north ramp first.

27857517037_98421bedb4_h.jpg

42677355322_6ffa2689a3_h.jpg

42726316931_fbce57194c_h.jpg

40916023220_2563a0fffb_h.jpg

15 hours ago, cspwal said:

I think they are designed to work with the 45 project

They are. They appear in the latest schematics. Interestingly enough, the brand new I-45 NB bridge over White Oak bayou won't be used in the new project.

On 6/17/2018 at 3:17 PM, JLWM8609 said:

They are. They appear in the latest schematics. Interestingly enough, the brand new I-45 NB bridge over White Oak bayou won't be used in the new project.

I noticed that too. Very odd. But, most likely, it will be 10 years from now before that bridge is ever touched again.

4 minutes ago, ADCS said:

Any clue as to why the bridge aesthetics are so spartan, and not in line with the regional design plan?

My guess is to fit in better with the older structures from the 70s and 80s that the new bridges are tying into.

Edited by JLWM8609

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, Triton said:

Feels like the ramp going to 59S is going to open soon, right? Anyone have any progress pics?

I don't go up that ramp but do go by it from 59/69/288 to IH 45 southbound on my way to work, seems the only thing keeping from being ready was the retainer walls. Those look ready from my commuting vantage point.

On 6/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, Triton said:

Feels like the ramp going to 59S is going to open soon, right? Anyone have any progress pics?

It's open! Drove it tonight. Felt really smooth but man is that a tight turn going to I69 south or what! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hindesky said:

So far this build has made my commute shear hell, will see if it helps me getting off at the St. Joseph/Pease exit.

i see 0 chance of the traffic they've caused from this change to be lessened in the least from when the 59s exist opens.   all the new traffic is literally from 3 right lanes merging into 1.

I drove by it yesterday and the ramp at cullen is open.

I think a lot of people still don't know the ramp between 45 and 59 south is open.... considering how far it is to that ramp from the exit from the freeway, and how hard it is to see things, I wonder how long it will take people to realize it is open? sure, the signs don't say it's closed now, but I bet most don't even notice.

the surface streets that were blocked down near the interchange are still blocked. or at least, they were as of yesterday.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, samagon said:

I drove by it yesterday and the ramp at cullen is open.

I think a lot of people still don't know the ramp between 45 and 59 south is open.... considering how far it is to that ramp from the exit from the freeway, and how hard it is to see things, I wonder how long it will take people to realize it is open? sure, the signs don't say it's closed now, but I bet most don't even notice.

the surface streets that were blocked down near the interchange are still blocked. or at least, they were as of yesterday.

The funny thing is, Google Maps doesn't even show the southbound ramp existing anymore.

• 1 month later...