Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

100 N Jackson St

The downtown Houston warehouse for American Engine & Grinding at 100 N Jackson St is on the market.

I don't know if this will become another warehouse or developed into something else. I saw the listing on Loopnet and decided to post it here Loopnet's new website design no longer includes a link to property records (at lease for non-subscribers). The new site design also no longer contains pictures of the listing after it's off the market, so I posted it here while it's still visible.

Q3iMuru.jpg

RqCsTE7.jpg

RVR78EG.jpg

From Loopnet (link 1 and link 2)  (archive link 1 and archive link 2):

- The warehouse was built in 1925.
- Total Building:  8,075  SF

- Total SF Land: 20,027 SF

• Like 3

I suppose it would be in poor taste to put in a bar there, given the "SOBERING CENTER" proximity/signage.

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/22/2017 at 2:00 PM, Nate99 said:

I suppose it would be in poor taste to put in a bar there, given the "SOBERING CENTER" proximity/signage.

14 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

This is off the market. What's going to happen here? Will this be demoed or rehabbed?

The warehouse at 100 N Jackson St in downtown Houston will be turned into a brewery.

15 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The warehouse at 100 N Jackson St in downtown Houston will be turned into a brewery.

Serious or not?

15 minutes ago, downtownian said:

Serious or not?

I have no earthly idea but maybe serious? I did a search and came up with a recent sales permit for Industry Brewery at 100 N Jackson St in Houston.

Logo with downtown Houston skyline
nJ6wUOH.jpg

It's a brewery that has been in the planning stages for years.

At the Houston meeting, I met folks from some breweries that are about to open, like Under the Radar Brewery and Town in City Brewing Company , and Industry Brewing, which is in the planning stages.  The Houston brewing scene is definitely on the rise! 

http://www.texascraftbeerlaw.com/2015/06/texas-brewers-nights/

https://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/breweries-in-planning-around-texas.199175/page-5#post-4963914

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, Nate99 said:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Even better. 

From Swamplot on 100 N Jackson St in Houston1:

A new brewery is now in the works for the industrial building that sits across the Downtown 59 on-ramp from the Houston Center for Sobriety. Just like the adjacent drunk tank which opened in 2013, the new business at 100 N. Jackson will be housed in a repurposed warehouse. Its lawn includes several signs pointing drivers to the neighboring sobering center — like the one shown above fronting the exit ramp off the Eastex, on the west side of the soon-to-be beer venue dubbed Industry Brewery.

http://swamplot.com/new-industry-brewery-on-tap-across-from-the-houston-center-for-sobriety/2018-08-03/

This is so beautiful haha. The definition of Houston. Have a Sobering Clinic on oneside? Build a Brewery on the otherside. Problem solved.