Post Oak Place: Mid-Rise Development At 1801 Post Oak Blvd.

Urbannizer

1 hour ago, Timoric said:

Does the steel get sold for a pretty penny? looks like a lot of good material, anything they salvage usually from these?

Anything that is metal is typically recycled these days. The steel for the structure, the rebar that is embedded in the concrete, the wiring for electricity, and the conduits that are used to elevate wires and cables above the ceiling. Plenum is also recycled. Glass from windows is sometimes recycled. The frames for windows is usually recycled. If its aluminum frames then you bet. If its hollow metal then sometimes. Everything else is hard to sell like gypsum walls, concrete, wood, etc... Normally you don't get much out of it all and generally its put to the cost of paying for demolition and thats about it.

• Like 2

drove by this morning and all of the strip center is completely knocked down!!! there is a small mountain of debris they are in the process of removing but wow...this plot of land is well on it's way to becoming something! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

On 6/22/2019 at 5:05 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Lettering was taken off.

2tjjJWI.jpg

baby steps?! haha

what in the world? why would they just take the lettering down? are they planning to keep this temporarily as the on site leasing office perhaps before construction or something?

1 minute ago, gene said:

baby steps?! haha

what in the world? why would they just take the lettering down? are they planning to keep this temporarily as the on site leasing office perhaps before construction or something?

The front of it is all bashed in too right now. They were taking some stuff out on a trailer yesterday like hardwood boards and some fixtures. Probably just delayed until it's cleaned out inside. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, gatway2k said:

They hauled away the metal supporting the awnings and packed up the excavator this morning in the rain, so possibly they are leaving the building for awhile... 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you’re bored, feel free to look at some of the vids/booms I’ve taken:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0p9dtc4eugtypdc/AABhxHWhghdS5QlrVctcOxAAa?dl=0

Really great footage. I loved the video where you were like "I can feel that every time" because my place was legit shaking too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...