Post Oak Place: Mid-Rise Development At 1801 Post Oak Blvd.

Urbannizer

5 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Honestly, I know this is a joke, but I've been impressed with what I've seen thus far. Walked down this a few times. Miles ahead better than what it used to be. Especially the paving stones. Reminds me of streets I would walk in Europe. Really wished we got more into paving stones instead of bare concrete.

I've been saying this for years but I think the real transformation will come at the Post Oak Shopping Center. This is one of the largest tracks of land in such a centrally located area that if it were to go mixed-use, it would literally be a game changer for this area of Houston.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bobruss said:

I think Timoric meant it as fact, and not a joke. It does have the potential to grow into a grand boulevard. Might be twenty years.

1 minute ago, Triton said:

I've been saying this for years but I think the real transformation will come at the Post Oak Shopping Center. This is one of the largest tracks of land in such a centrally located area that if it were to go mixed-use, it would literally be a game changer for this area of Houston.

"Great things have humble beginnings" , right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoustonBoy said:

Im confused. Is this site going to be home to the tower rendered in the previous page, another tower, or something else?

Tower is dead. Not sure what this is going to be but the speculation is some kind of upgraded, higher end strip mall

11 hours ago, Luminare said:

Honestly, I know this is a joke, but I've been impressed with what I've seen thus far. Walked down this a few times. Miles ahead better than what it used to be. Especially the paving stones. Reminds me of streets I would walk in Europe. Really wished we got more into paving stones instead of bare concrete.

Yeah I agree...i love what Post Oak Blvd is looking like and as much i wish it was a middle rail line and not a bus line, the trees, sidewalks, lighting and bus stops are looking incredible...

I think in order to make it grand, it's the buildings lining Post Oak that will make that difference...so BLVD place is a good start as are all the nice (and not so nice but hey they are new condo buildings ;) ) condos...i am excited to see what will replace or fill in the huge Ethan Allen center now that they are relocating to Uptown Park and yep, eventually the Dick's Sporting Goods plaza will hopefully will be redone sooner than later. (although please relocate Whole Earth Provisions as i love that place!)

I think the McNair development will be an incredible addition and make the whole length of Post Oak become more complete...oh and yes i know i say it often but my god, someone buy Post Oak Corner and do something with that dang lot!!!!! My OCD hates that corner haha! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gene said:

It matches the BLVD Place development at least...i could see the Poker place relocating to this on the right side once completed...maybe that was their plan all along

The poker place will not be reopening unless its behind bars. They were busted a couple of weeks ago.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bobruss said:

The poker place will not be reopening unless its behind bars. They were busted a couple of weeks ago.

There was an article I think in the Chron about how HPD has seized like 13 million from these clubs but basically prosecuted almost no one.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, richfish said:

Awesome! Now all I need is a render of the back of it to see what life is gonna be like starring at the ass end of this thing 😂

My best guess is the parking structure will face your apartment. 

• Like 1

I definitely would have preferred the high-rise, but this is adequate for the area given the design.

At the very least it will be a taller structure then what is currently at the location right now, and it will be consistent will the new construction going up along the blvd.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2019 at 10:54 PM, Triton said:

Agree with you.

One of the tenants in that center told me perhaps four or five years ago that their lease and all the other leases in the center expired in seven years. I don't know if that information is still accurate, but if I'm the Landlord, I'd want to manage the property in that way to expedite redevelopment.

Edited by nate
  • Like 2

Super. It's contextual, is much more interesting from  a pedestrian standpoint than a typical office tower with a cold, visually uninteresting lobby, giant parking structure and maybe a bank or financial services operation on the ground floor. 
Always happy to have new restaurants in the area and it looks like Ninfas is going to launch in  a week or two .

• Like 6

On 5/30/2019 at 1:40 PM, Skyboxdweller said:

Super. It's contextual, is much more interesting from  a pedestrian standpoint than a typical office tower with a cold, visually uninteresting lobby, giant parking structure and maybe a bank or financial services operation on the ground floor. 
Always happy to have new restaurants in the area and it looks like Ninfas is going to launch in  a week or two .

Ran by Ninfa’s earlier this week, they said 6/10 was the tentative hard open...  toying with soft open too.

• Like 2

On 5/28/2019 at 11:20 AM, Timoric said:

What do you expect? This is America’s grandest BLVD in the making

Not sure if a joke or not, but unfortunately, the "grandest" title isn't even close. Post Oak isn't bad and the decorative street elements (the arches, rings over the intersections, etc.) make it really stand out. It does  kind of remind me of a mini Wilshire Blvd in L.A. but a long way from matching the likes of 5th or Park Ave's or 57th st., for that matter, in NYC, Michigan Ave in Chicago, or the likes of the Las Vegas Strip or New Orlean's Bourbon St!

• Like 1