Post Oak Place: Mid-Rise Development At 1801 Post Oak Blvd.

Urbannizer

12 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Somewhere on Corneria in Star Fox 64......I dunno how you pick out some of these details, Urby.

Uptown first came to mind. The curve to the building beside it was the biggest clue for me. I remembered Lofts on Post Oak has that same curve and wala, the satellite view matched up.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

The height of some of these developments are getting taller.  Pretty soon one of these towers will match the height of Williams tower. :o

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Curious what brand it may be. Their website doesn’t shed enough light. This is located between the lofts & masraff’s and would really stand out on post oak. 44 floors with a small crown and spire? Yes please.

Under their "projects" tab, 3/10 of their other listed developments are W hotels (one dual branded with Element). @monarch could finally be getting his wish.

Their other projects are a majority NYLO (5/10) and one Element. 

• Like 3

This is why I keep eyeing the northeast corner of Post Oak and Westheimer. That can potentially be a massive mixed use project in the heart of the Galleria. After this bus project is complete, Post Oak really could transform into quite a walkable area. Anyone who works in the Galleria.... do you see very many people walking along the sidewalks? The only area I really see that is from Saks Fifth over to Dillards.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Triton said:

This is why I keep eyeing the northeast corner of Post Oak and Westheimer. That can potentially be a massive mixed use project in the heart of the Galleria. After this bus project is complete, Post Oak really could transform into quite a walkable area. Anyone who works in the Galleria.... do you see very many people walking along the sidewalks? The only area I really see that is from Saks Fifth over to Dillards.

I live on mccue just off westheimer and work on sage just off westheimer and i see not a ton, but lots of walking...i think more than anything it is people staying at the hotels in the area as even when i ride my bike nightly from my condo to downtown i see people walking quite a bit...i really think that once Post Oak is finished even more people (both workers, residents and hotel guests) will walk the area because it looks like its going to be absolutely beautiful...i cannot wait for it be finished! I even ride my bike past Moxie's every night just to check on their progress because i think this is the beginning of more and more things to come that make Post Oak Blvd such a great street and destination... (btw the rumor is that Moxie's MAY be open as early as Nov 27th!) 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I noticed that they are not proceeding with tree planting, concrete base and paver surface along the Post Oak 
Blvd frontage and have just paved the sidewalk with asphalt. This could be an indication that the property owner is planning on starting demo construction soon.  Same deal on the northwest corner of San Felipe and Post Oak where the Dinerstein bldg is planned. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, AREJAY said:

Under their "projects" tab, 3/10 of their other listed developments are W hotels (one dual branded with Element). @monarch could finally be getting his wish.

Their other projects are a majority NYLO (5/10) and one Element. 

Just based on the way it looks, my money is on a W. NYLO brand is brick/ industrial (not glass) and not as vertical. 

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, gatway2k said:

Rich, what floor are you?  7 here...

2. I'm curious what the plan is for the parcel is now. Most everything in the strip plaza seems closed except the poker club and they still aren't doing any curb work. They must be planning on doing something soon. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, gclass said:

^^^ @Skyboxdweller props for this generous update.  however, are the two hotels slated for this particular strip luxury brands?  will they present a serious WOW FACTOR to this area?

isn't one of the hotels McNair's Rosewood scheduled to begin construction sometime this year? 

• Like 1