Urbannizer

1801 Post Oak: New Mid-Rise by Zadok Jewelers

W-Hotels.png

^^^ could my W dream be finally coming true?  right across the street from WHOLE FOODS MARKET...... WOW!

one can dream.......

• Like 3

HAIF is so good at scooping new developments it makes you wonder if time travel is involved aka Biff and Grays Sports Almanac on BTF2.

biff.jpg

• Like 6

It's actually a google map cache from 2020 that got downloaded instead of the powerball numbers for the next 3 years

• Like 3

12 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

Somewhere on Corneria in Star Fox 64......I dunno how you pick out some of these details, Urby.

Uptown first came to mind. The curve to the building beside it was the biggest clue for me. I remembered Lofts on Post Oak has that same curve and wala, the satellite view matched up.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

The height of some of these developments are getting taller.  Pretty soon one of these towers will match the height of Williams tower. :o

• Like 5

Curious what brand it may be. Their website doesn’t shed enough light. This is located between the lofts & masraff’s and would really stand out on post oak. 44 floors with a small crown and spire? Yes please.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, htownbro said:

The height of some of these developments are getting taller.  Pretty soon one of these towers will match the height of Williams tower. :o

I hope so. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Montrose1100 said:

Curious what brand it may be. Their website doesn’t shed enough light. This is located between the lofts & masraff’s and would really stand out on post oak. 44 floors with a small crown and spire? Yes please.

Under their "projects" tab, 3/10 of their other listed developments are W hotels (one dual branded with Element). @monarch could finally be getting his wish.

Their other projects are a majority NYLO (5/10) and one Element. 

• Like 3

This is why I keep eyeing the northeast corner of Post Oak and Westheimer. That can potentially be a massive mixed use project in the heart of the Galleria. After this bus project is complete, Post Oak really could transform into quite a walkable area. Anyone who works in the Galleria.... do you see very many people walking along the sidewalks? The only area I really see that is from Saks Fifth over to Dillards.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Triton said:

This is why I keep eyeing the northeast corner of Post Oak and Westheimer. That can potentially be a massive mixed use project in the heart of the Galleria. After this bus project is complete, Post Oak really could transform into quite a walkable area. Anyone who works in the Galleria.... do you see very many people walking along the sidewalks? The only area I really see that is from Saks Fifth over to Dillards.

I live on mccue just off westheimer and work on sage just off westheimer and i see not a ton, but lots of walking...i think more than anything it is people staying at the hotels in the area as even when i ride my bike nightly from my condo to downtown i see people walking quite a bit...i really think that once Post Oak is finished even more people (both workers, residents and hotel guests) will walk the area because it looks like its going to be absolutely beautiful...i cannot wait for it be finished! I even ride my bike past Moxie's every night just to check on their progress because i think this is the beginning of more and more things to come that make Post Oak Blvd such a great street and destination... (btw the rumor is that Moxie's MAY be open as early as Nov 27th!) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gene said:

I live on mccue just off westheimer and work on sage just off westheimer and i see not a ton, but lots of walking...i think more than anything it is people staying at the hotels in the area as even when i ride my bike nightly from my condo to downtown i see people walking quite a bit...i really think that once Post Oak is finished even more people (both workers, residents and hotel guests) will walk the area because it looks like its going to be absolutely beautiful...i cannot wait for it be finished! I even ride my bike past Moxie's every night just to check on their progress because i think this is the beginning of more and more things to come that make Post Oak Blvd such a great street and destination... (btw the rumor is that Moxie's MAY be open as early as Nov 27th!) 

Wish Dyson would invent a way to send cool air through those shiny arches to make the walk bearable in the Summer (:

Edited by Timoric
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Timoric said:

Wish Dyson would invent a way to send cool air through those shiny arches to make the walk bearable in the Summer (:

haha omg please let that be a real invention...and soon! 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2017 at 9:59 AM, Naviguessor said:

Nice...where Abrahams Oriental Rugs/Parking Lot is.  Just north of Lofts on Post Oak on Ambassador way. 

Think they're waiting for leases to expire? Or maybe when The Boulevard Project is finished and uptown looks beautiful.

I noticed that they are not proceeding with tree planting, concrete base and paver surface along the Post Oak 
Blvd frontage and have just paved the sidewalk with asphalt. This could be an indication that the property owner is planning on starting demo construction soon.  Same deal on the northwest corner of San Felipe and Post Oak where the Dinerstein bldg is planned. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, AREJAY said:

Under their "projects" tab, 3/10 of their other listed developments are W hotels (one dual branded with Element). @monarch could finally be getting his wish.

Their other projects are a majority NYLO (5/10) and one Element. 

Just based on the way it looks, my money is on a W. NYLO brand is brick/ industrial (not glass) and not as vertical. 

On 11/16/2017 at 1:08 PM, richfish said:

Looks like I'll get a great view of the cars in the garage from my unit lol

Rich, what floor are you?  7 here...

15 hours ago, gatway2k said:

Rich, what floor are you?  7 here...

2. I'm curious what the plan is for the parcel is now. Most everything in the strip plaza seems closed except the poker club and they still aren't doing any curb work. They must be planning on doing something soon. 

• Like 2

I live in Four Leaf Towers and have a view of the site.; I try to walk a few miles a day.  I noticed that the rug store had one of  huge sale signs plastering its windows yesterday, but couldn't read the actual words.  They also seem to have pulled a sewer line and capped it.  My hunch is that its a question of financing and what's going on in the debt markets for hotel/apartment properties and on a project specific basis there is a big factor on where the Houston economy will be over the term of the financing.  
There are plans for two additional hotels on this strip and three across 610 in the not quite River Oaks district.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Skyboxdweller said:

I live in Four Leaf Towers and have a view of the site.; I try to walk a few miles a day.  I noticed that the rug store had one of  huge sale signs plastering its windows yesterday, but couldn't read the actual words.  They also seem to have pulled a sewer line and capped it.  My hunch is that its a question of financing and what's going on in the debt markets for hotel/apartment properties and on a project specific basis there is a big factor on where the Houston economy will be over the term of the financing.  
There are plans for two additional hotels on this strip and three across 610 in the not quite River Oaks district.

^^^ @Skyboxdweller props for this generous update.  however, are the two hotels slated for this particular strip luxury brands?  will they present a serious WOW FACTOR to this area?

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, gclass said:

^^^ @Skyboxdweller props for this generous update.  however, are the two hotels slated for this particular strip luxury brands?  will they present a serious WOW FACTOR to this area?

isn't one of the hotels McNair's Rosewood scheduled to begin construction sometime this year? 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, Skyboxdweller said:

The rug store signs say MOVING SALE!

Wow they just moved in not long ago...so yes it seems the whole development (rug store and "poker plaza" are about to be gone! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gene said:

The rug store signs say MOVING SALE!

Wow they just moved in not long ago...so yes it seems the whole development (rug store and "poker plaza" are about to be gone! 

Yeah this is great news. Hopefully we hear what will replace this chunk of land this year. We can assume it will be pedestrian friendly. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 3

Rug stores seem go to have a strategy of being the last tenant in properties about to go under the dozer.  I guess they don't need much in terms of build out, other than a paint mob and some track lighting.;  Inventory fan be moved in a large moving van in a day or two.

• Like 2

Rug store has closed. Looks like the poker club is the only remaining tenant. 

• Like 3

On 1/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, Skyboxdweller said:

Rug stores seem go to have a strategy of being the last tenant in properties about to go under the dozer.  I guess they don't need much in terms of build out, other than a paint mob and some track lighting.;  Inventory fan be moved in a large moving van in a day or two.

They also have a tendency and strategy of having Moving Sale and Going Out Of Business Sale signs for YEARS haha! I am shocked they did indeed close so soon afterall! 😂 I hope the poker place closes/relocates soon and demolition begins asap!

• Like 4

Last night i rode my bike past this lot and it was packed with cars all for the Post Oak Poker Club. I wonder how long they will stay there, preventing this from getting started? I think they should move to the old Willie G's building just up the road on Post Oak...that would be perfect for them! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, gene said:

Last night i rode my bike past this lot and it was packed with cars all for the Post Oak Poker Club. I wonder how long they will stay there, preventing this from getting started? I think they should move to the old Willie G's building just up the road on Post Oak...that would be perfect for them! 

I recently got a puppy so I've been taking it out at night and that place is packed at 3am even on weeknights. I need to go drop by for a drink one night and see if I can get some scoop on when the lease is up from some employees. 

• Like 3

I live next door in 1901. I talked to someone over the phone at the Poker Club a couple months ago and they said they were leaving mid April and that it was going to be an upscale retail development. It was just one guy so who knows, but will be great it is isn't too high up for the residents at 1901. Luckily I face south in the tower but I was looking at a unit facing north there. Not going to consider it not with construction coming soon.

• Like 6

Really, really hope this one happens. I got to eat at Flower Child this weekend and the view of the uptown skyline is looking good. I believe this tower would help fill in the gap looking southward between The Post Oak and the Astoria. 

• Like 6

Am I the only one that thinks the outside of the Post Oak is blah 👀

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, kennyc05 said:

Damn I can only imagine how you feel about the Astoria

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, kennyc05 said:

The-Post-Oak-Exterior-2-1.jpg?fit=5000,4

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/09/12/fertitta-s-new-post-oak-hotel-becomes-houston-s.html

Fertitta’s new Post Oak Hotel becomes Houston’s only AAA Five Diamond recipient

https://www.chron.com/life/article/The-Spa-at-The-Post-Oak-Hotel-earns-prestigious-13723777.php

The Spa at The Post Oak Hotel earns a prestigious five-star rating

di857EEXT.jpeg

@kennyc05 this brand new and extremely DYNAMIC houston edifice of hospitality... is now garnering 5-star accolades across the industry.  therefore, who really cares about how it looks upon it's exterior.  THE POST OAK HOTEL is finally placing houston upon the map in the burgeoning world of ULTRA POSH / LUXURIOUS hotels.  you can bet your bottom dollar that because of the 5-star success of this newest hospitality gem of houston, other luxury brands are now viewing houston in a brand new light.  i for one, cannot wait until BOB McNAIR'S new project starts to take flight with his yet to be named ROSEWOOD HOTEL BRAND.  houston shall become a hospitality powerhouse...

• Like 3