Sanjorade

Pitch 25 at 904 Hutchins

On 11/7/2017 at 6:21 PM, HNathoo said:

St Emmanuel is going to be a great walking corridor - at least until the TXDOT expansion. 

It will be even better after the TXDOT expansion, if we cap the freeway with a park (and I think we will).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

It will be even better after the TXDOT expansion, if we cap the freeway with a park (and I think we will).

Absolutely. Long term, and near-term this will be a fantastic entertainment district - it's the mid-term that will probably kill a few businesses during the construction process.

On 11/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, Sanjorade said:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/11-07-17-brian-ching-pitch-25-soccer-bar-eado-kirby-group/#slide=0

EaDo is rapidly emerging as Houston's next great drinking and dining destination.

Already home to the Chapman & Kirby, which has become one of Houston's hottest nightclubs based on alcoholic beverage sales, 8th Wonder Brewery, and popular restaurants like Pappa Charlies Barbeque, SeaSide Poke, and Hyunh, the imminent arrival of concepts like Agricole Hospitality's bar/restaurant/pizza shop trio of Miss Carousel, Indianola, and Vinny's plus restaurants like Rodeo Goat and Nancy's Hustle would be enough for EaDo to earn its rising star status, and a new project coming next spring will only enhance that reputation.

Former Dynamo star Brian Ching announced Monday that he's getting into the mix by opening a massive, soccer themed sports bar called Pitch 25 (after the word for a soccer field and the number he wore during his Dynamo career). Located steps away from BBVA Compass Stadium at 904 Hutchins, the 25,000-square foot space will feature both an indoor soccer field and an outdoor beer garden.

... While Ching may know soccer — he's the Dynamo's all-time leading scorer and led the team to two MLS Cup championships — he doesn't know food and beverage. To handle that side of the business, he's partnered with The Kirby Group. Owners Andy Aweida and Jeff Barati are the duo behind a number of successful projects, including Wooster's Garden in Midtown, Heights Bier Garten, and the upcoming Holman Draft Hall. 

Renderings of Pitch 25, opening in Houston's EaDo at 904 Hutchins St.

FGORk2M.jpg

vJIf2Ju.jpg

unnBOL9.jpg?1

CEzuQJo.jpg?1

• Like 2

More on Pitch 25, opening in Houston's EaDo at 904 Hutchins St. from Houston Chronicle.

Former Houston Dynamo superstar Brian Ching is ready to add some dining and drinking excitement near his former soccer field with the opening of Pitch 25 sports bar in EaDo come March 2018.

Billed as Houston's first premiere soccer bar and restaurant, Pitch 25 will have the personal stamp of Ching, the all-time leading scorer for the Houston Dynamo who led the team to two MLS Cup Championships in 2006 and 2007. It will be located at 904 Hutchins near Walker on the south end of BBVA Compass Stadium.

The restaurant and bar will feature American pub fare, tap beers and craft cocktails. More than 20 television screens will broadcast soccer matches from around the world and other live sporting events. While soccer is the star, Pitch 25 presumably will also be a fine place to watch Texans, Rockets and Astros games, the partners said.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/entertainment/restaurants-bars/article/Brian-Ching-ready-to-tackle-EaDo-with-Pitch-25-12338316.php#photo-5597604

Renderings:

2n3Ov74.jpg

zG7rtpK.jpg

pfBuQGd.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, CrockpotandGravel said:

Billed as Houston's first premiere soccer bar and restaurant, Pitch 25 will have the personal stamp of Ching, the all-time leading scorer for the Houston Dynamo who led the team to two MLS Cup Championships in 2006 and 2007.

Pitch 25 will not be Houston first soccer bar, there's another soccer bar in EaDo called Sports Creek at 2619 Polk.

jesus that place is massive... almost too massive haha

they better be open early for euro and premier league matches though, otherwise what's the point? ain't no one going there en masse to see MLS games.

• Like 3

More on Pitch 25 or Pitch 25 Social Club @ 904 Hutchins St from Swamplot:

Interior demo work is mostly complete on a 75-year-old single-story brick warehouse lining Walker St. in East Downtown, ahead of its opening next spring as what its promoters are calling Houston’s premier soccer bar and restaurant. What might confer premier status on this venue, called Pitch 25  — beyond its location across the street from BBVA Compass Stadium? Perhaps the presence of an actual indoor soccer field inside, hosting league play.

Among the transformations planned for the 25,000-sq.-ft. structure in its coming rehab: knocking a large hole in the roof off the building’s Hutchins St.–facing west end — to let sunlight and rain into an outdoorish beer garden planned for the interior. Also, to provide sunlight for the interior trees

http://swamplot.com/pitch-25-from-brian-ching-an-eado-soccer-bar-with-a-soccer-field-inside-and-a-bigger-one-across-the-street/2017-11-07/

https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2017/12/126417-pitch-25-surpasses-minimum-gooaalll-houston-soccer-bar-restaurant-nextseed/

"To date, the minimum goal has been surpassed with over $419,300 raised since November… with next $550,000 goal in sight. Capital raised will be allocated to the construction and build-out of the 904 Hutchins Street space while additional funds will be allocated to marketing and working capital required for operations."

I drive by this every day - they are already doing work inside the building - I assume it's related to the new bar

Edited by HoustonMidtown

On 2/14/2018 at 11:34 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Name rebrand and updated logo desgin for Pitch 25 at 904 Hutchins in Houston.

The tag line is Beer Park at The Yard @ EaDo.

xvEBUhW.jpg

Wow that's ugly hahah but I'm excited about this place. Eado is becoming my new favorite hood.

8 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Wow that's ugly hahah but I'm excited about this place. Eado is becoming my new favorite hood.

What stands out is The Yard @ EaDo part. Is The Yard part of a mini entertainment district attached to Pitch 25? Or something to make it sound more interesting than it is?

On 4/11/2018 at 4:36 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Anyone else  think this will make Lucky’s the ugly step child..?

Those other bars are going to have to step up their game.

Lucky's is the trailer trash next door. Under the right lighting and with enough drinks it looks good. But if you step in there sober and in daylight, its got an aura of worn down sketchiness about it. Same thing with home plate across from minute maid. Chicken wire in a bathroom is typically a red flag for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

Lucky's is the trailer trash next door. Under the right lighting and with enough drinks it looks good. But if you step in there sober and in daylight, its got an aura of worn down sketchiness about it. Same thing with home plate across from minute maid. Chicken wire in a bathroom is typically a red flag for me. 

Haha Home Plate is a great spot though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr.Clean19 said:

Lol yeah it’s defiently nothing to look at but I’ve never had anything sketchy happen to me there.....I will say that their St Patrick’s day party can get kind of hood lol. But , they frequently go out of their way to always have some sort of event or watch party and it’s usually well attended. I want to see where the dynamo fans end up gravitating to once it’s complete. 

On 4/19/2018 at 2:37 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Lol yeah it’s defiently nothing to look at but I’ve never had anything sketchy happen to me there.....I will say that their St Patrick’s day party can get kind of hood lol. But , they frequently go out of their way to always have some sort of event or watch party and it’s usually well attended. I want to see where the dynamo fans end up gravitating to once it’s complete. 

I had my credit card compromised at Lucky’s about three years ago while watching a USMNT game.

Someone apparently duplicated the magnetic strip to a blank card (while it was being held behind the bar) and started using the duplicated card the next day. Fortunately, Chase caught on and shut it down quickly.

I called and spoke with the manager the next day about it, but he didn’t seem too concerned. I try to avoid that place now (which is easy to do with Little Woodrow’s across the street). 

Edited by thedistrict84
  • Like 1

I never had any issues with Lucky's, but that location is from a different time. 

They were one of the first spots to move into the area and they spent an amount of money building out the interior that reflects the area at the time when it was opened.

They need to close the location for 3 months and completely redo the interior and exterior, but the problem is that people keep going no matter the appearance.

1 hour ago, wilcal said:

Pitch25 says they are trying to open by the end of the month:

That is amazing. They are moving so fast.

The speed of their development has been amazing, especially given how slow some of the adjacent concepts have taken to open up (Truck yard, Rodeo Goat, Burgerhous, etc.)

Looking good but i hope they keep the video boards on the field. Something like LiveBarn would be great to auto follow the play. 

This really raises the bar for the area. Lucky's will have to close down for a few months of renovations if they want to stay relevant.