I tried to get tickets at the gate on the 4th, and the only tickets left were standing room only. No big deal....until they wanted $10.00 for them. What happend to the $5.00 standing room tickets, and they used to be $1.00 way back.

I refuse to pay more for standing room than upper deck seats. Upper deck seats go for $5.00.

Anyway, we watched the game at the B.U.S. and had a good time with cheaper (but not much cheaper) beer.

I tried to get tickets at the gate on the 4th, and the only tickets left were standing room only.  No big deal....until they wanted $10.00 for them.  What happend to the $5.00 standing room tickets, and they used to be $1.00 way back.

I refuse to pay more for standing room than upper deck seats.  Upper deck seats go for $5.00.

Anyway, we watched the game at the B.U.S. and had a good time with cheaper (but not much cheaper) beer.

I love that place. Always a good time there.

You lucky bastards <_< .....I can't even catch the Astros on TV anymore. At first AFN(Arm Forces Network) was carrying games becuase of there last season then Stros went into there slump and AFN didn't want to show a team that wasn't a contender for a championship(which is what they do). I'm hoping with enough wins they will bring them back. :D

Right now I just get my Astos coverage online or highlights on ESPN(AFN)

After being down 5-1, Astros score 5 in the 8th to win 6-5, and finish the first half with a winning record, which coincidentally, is better than last year.

Way to go, Stros!

I was constantly refreshing the scoreboard on the sports section of the chron to get the most up to date score.

Sad I know but i have to get my Stros some how and I cant wait another 2 days for the paper to show today's game results.

last night around 10, i clicked on chron.com and saw the headline: ensberg heading to allstar game. it was pretty vague, but it said ensberg was chosen to go to the allstar game, because an unnamed player would not be going. i was watching sports center at the time, and they mentioned how many believed ensberg should be going but he was now. i checked the astros website and there was no mention. then finally after midnight it was on the astros page, rolen dropping out and ensberg being chosen.

the chron article was by Richard Justice, maybe he found out somehow before it was officially released?

does anyone know the whole situation with roger and being traded...i know his contract stated he could go where he wanted to if the astros werent staying competitive and they werent until recently...i havent heard any news about it so i guess he is staying...does anyone know for sure?

I know as much as you in terms of being "in the know", but I think there is no way in hell Drayton trades Clemens. If the team were in last place, I still don't think he would do it. This city remembers too well the loss of Nolan Ryan, and as much as the city is 50/50 on Drayton, it would move to complete hatred of him, even if it was in Roger's best interest. Especially now that the team is 5 games out of the wild card, between Oswalt, Clemens, and Pettite (assuming he can stay healthy) they have the pitching to get them there. The question is the hitting, but that hasn't held them too far back in this past month. I would like to see one more bat in the lineup, this will be GM Purpura's toughest test of the season, keeping the chemistry, not giving up too much in the farm system, but providing one more offensive player. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

I dont think its up to drayton...clemens' $16 million dollar, one year contract said he could "move" at midseason if the astros werent in contention anymore...i assume there would be SOME talk of it though if he were still planning on leaving

• 2 weeks later...

62 games left, and we have 10 more home games then away - which is good since we're a league leading 34-12 at home. things are looking much better then they were only a few weeks ago, but the NL East is still really tight, and the cubs probably aren't going to go away. its going to be a good race.

i saw my first walk-off homerun last night, it was great being there. too bad our attendance average is down several thousand from last year, hopefully that will pick up for the rest of the season.