Finally, Pat Tillman is a great example of an unselfish & non-self serving American patriot. It burns my insides to read articles by these hippy left wing cowards who say he threw his life away. I can only hope my kids grow up half as selfish as he did. God bless him and his parents for correctly raising their child.

Glen

i am quite liberal and sit pretty far to the left but i admired pat tillman becuase here is a guy who walked away from a multi-million dollar pro-football career to go and (and eventually die) for something he felt strongly about. whether for or againt the war, i don't see how anyone could not see him as anything but admirable.

pro sports need more people like this guy. this doesn't mean that they all have to be as alturistic as tillman and go to iraq but they need to realize that it's not all about the money.

• 2 months later...

We did GREAT last year!! I am so excited about this season. I want to get a t-shirt made with an arrow pointing to my big pregnant belly that says, "Roger Clemens' love child" :lol: or "Future Astro Fanatic" or something cute like that!! We have big plans for this little one to enjoy the games at Minute Maid Park! Can't wait!! B)

Personally, I'm not looking for 1st place, I just enjoy the games!! It's nice when they win though, I love that!

Hey Heights2, would you believe my mother gave away a set of 8 Colt .45 glasses from the 60's? They were my dad's, and when he died she just gave 'em to someone. They were vintage and never taken out of the box. I thought I was going to have to beat her silly.

Willy T. looks very promising!!

Did anyone make it to the rally downtown? 

I think I would feel better if after the playoffs last season, this one didn't start off with us playing the Cards!  :unsure:

i went to the rally, it was kinda weak. just a few radio stations giving away stuff, and a bbq place with a smoker. not many people out, but it was drizzling a bit.

homeplate and b.u.s. were packed, we headed towards main, got some firehouse phillies and watched the game at the saucer.

i also took my friends to the JPMorgan sky lobby, since we're never downtown during the weekdays. it was overcast, but they enjoyed it.

too bad they're all from st louis, it wasn't a fun night for me. stupid edmonds.

The fact that there are 162 games never really bothered me one way or another. It's kind of nice just seeing how teams slowly change position through the season. What would be the advantage to reducing the number of games? Now, on the other hand, I could make an argument for reducing the number of innings. It's not that the season is too long, it's that a lot of the games are! Look around - half the crowd leaves in the 8th.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well...i guess...better luck next year lol wow its not even the allstar break and were already out of contention (barring a comeback unequal to any in history) the pitching is there...just no bats but you cant just forget about em...we'll be back in the swing of things in a few years or less...hopefully less

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah it's going to be a couple of years at the least, there going to have to almost completely rebuild the team.

What's worse is that the Stros farm system has always been so strong through the last 10 years. Unfortunately it's now seen it's better days.

I know Biggio and I can tell you that theres not a better class of players in the majors.

DONT lose faith just yet.....We're coming back!! We just passed up the Brewers, now only 2 games behind Chicago. Currently #3 in our division. Their is still I believe 81 games left in the regular season. Hope I have'nt spoken too soon <_<