To the OP, as far as the title and description of this thread,

1. By definition all teams only have one Ace pitcher.

2. Roy Oswalt has been our worst pitcher on the staff. He has given up 21 hits in 12 innings and has a 6.00 era. But it's early.

the bright side is the rest of the starting staff has looked good and are exceeding most peoples expectations. Though this has not translated into wins yet, as we have faced some tough starting pitching to start the season especially in San Diego thus they have not scored enough runs to make the game easy. Lets see how they do at home. I hope Oswalt is not injured

To the OP, as far as the title and description of this thread, 1. By definition all teams only have one Ace pitcher. 2. Roy Oswalt has been our worst pitcher on the staff. He has given up 21 hits in 12 innings and has a 6.00 era. But it's early. the bright side is the rest of the starting staff has looked good and are exceeding most peoples expectations. Though this has not translated into wins yet, as we have faced some tough starting pitching to start the season especially in San Diego thus they have not scored enough runs to make the game easy. Lets see how they do at home. I hope Oswalt is not injured

wat

It's here!

I already got tickets for tonight, tomorrow, Saturday and 19 other games.

I LOVE Baseball season. I'm so hyped, I'm so excited. I'm going to have SOOO many unproductive days and I wish I still had my camera (lost the latest EBAY bid, damnit)....:(

It's going to be a long season. At least the new hot dog grill cart is one section over from my seats.

Not feeling the love yet, but they finally pulled Woody, so reason is prevailing somewhere. Did anyone happen to read the Houston Press story last week? The rules for their drinking game were a hoot. I'm encouraged by Towles and Bourn. Tejada and Lee, not yet. And of course we have the distinction of probably being the only team with a star out on DL for something called "anal fissures". I also have a bad, creeping intuition that Pence will be on the DL a lot. It's funny watching his fans. A group of about 6 pre-teen girls were in front of us for the Indians pre-season game, carrying on like he was on American Idol or something. My BF has a total man-crush on him.

That said, I'm glad it's finally baseball season. Go 'Stros!

edit. Tigers, not Indians. As if it mattered. We lost 10-0.

Edited by crunchtastic

You mean you're not sold on Lee for this season? Didn't he tear it up last year?

Yea, for this season. Just not too impresive so far, but we're only a few games in to the season. And in baseball, like investing, past performance is no guarantee of future results. The Astros seem to attract expensive stars on the verge of a non-productive season.

It's going to be a long season. At least the new hot dog grill cart is one section over from my seats. Not feeling the love yet, but they finally pulled Woody, so reason is prevailing somewhere. Did anyone happen to read the Houston Press story last week? The rules for their drinking game were a hoot. I'm encouraged by Towles and Bourn. Tejada and Lee, not yet. And of course we have the distinction of probably being the only team with a star out on DL for something called "anal fissures". I also have a bad, creeping intuition that Pence will be on the DL a lot. It's funny watching his fans. A group of about 6 pre-teen girls were in front of us for the Indians pre-season game, carrying on like he was on American Idol or something. My BF has a total man-crush on him. That said, I'm glad it's finally baseball season. Go 'Stros! edit. Tigers, not Indians. As if it mattered. We lost 10-0.

Well alrighty then!

Oh yeh! There are a few teams I wanna see. Those don't include the games me and the IF (idiot friend) will randomly get.

So I can count on at least 30 days off this baseball season.

I only got the 13 game pack this year. You have any Friday games, Ricco? I'll be in the beer line at section 109.

The home opener was sweet! Those were some bombs for home runs.

Maybe it's cliche to complain about concession prices at the game, but I went to the game tonight and it is just ridiculous. As far as I remember 4 years ago the 16oz beer was $5.75, and now it is $7.25. That's a 26% increase over 4 years, and it was still overpriced back then. The inflation standard is what, 4%? Anyway, the food prices are just insane too. I can't imagine bringing a family of four there and eating or drinking for less than $50. Throw tickets on top of that and one night at the ballpark is easily over $100. How do people go to every game? Do they just sneak in a flask and some jerky? I'm not poor, but damn. When is a reasonable person going to step in and LOWER prices for once? A damn coke will be 10 bucks by the time my kid understands what's going on at the game.

I only got the 13 game pack this year. You have any Friday games, Ricco? I'll be in the beer line at section 109.

Oh, I probably do have some friday games, haven't looked that closely at the schedule. We went, but only for a little while, we stayed over at Slainte's (Soon to be "Molly's Pub") Flirting with the bartenders and waitresses.

How often do you get beer that I can catch you at the beer line? LOL.

The home opener was sweet! Those were some bombs for home runs.

Maybe it's cliche to complain about concession prices at the game, but I went to the game tonight and it is just ridiculous. As far as I remember 4 years ago the 16oz beer was $5.75, and now it is $7.25. That's a 26% increase over 4 years, and it was still overpriced back then. The inflation standard is what, 4%? Anyway, the food prices are just insane too. I can't imagine bringing a family of four there and eating or drinking for less than $50. Throw tickets on top of that and one night at the ballpark is easily over $100. How do people go to every game? Do they just sneak in a flask and some jerky? I'm not poor, but damn. When is a reasonable person going to step in and LOWER prices for once? A damn coke will be 10 bucks by the time my kid understands what's going on at the game.

I was reading recently how some MLB teams have started doing 'all you can eat' promos to sell the cheap seats. Houston does family specials (infrequently) for cokes, dogs and cheap seats. Prices are crazy. In the spirit of fiscal conservatism, I bought my seats this time around with the idea that I'd be taking one less vacation this year. Between the tix and concessions, it's about a $1,500 proposition, all told.

I wish now I had gone last night ......but the important thing is getting that home opener win. Psychs everyone up. Especially when one of new guys earns his money like Tejada did.

The game really was awesome, you got to see a great pitching duel turn into a HR fest, and no better way to welcome a guy to the city than a bottom of the 9th walkoff job. Whoever was in charge of the scoreboard last night might be looking for a new job today, for the first 5 or 6 innings it was screwed up across the top several rows. You would think they would get all that worked out and tested by opening day.

I heard they let you bring food (maybe not drinks?) into Coors field, does anyone know if this is true? That would make a huge difference.

I was reading recently how some MLB teams have started doing 'all you can eat' promos to sell the cheap seats. Houston does family specials (infrequently) for cokes, dogs and cheap seats. Prices are crazy. In the spirit of fiscal conservatism, I bought my seats this time around with the idea that I'd be taking one less vacation this year. Between the tix and concessions, it's about a $1,500 proposition, all told.

I wish now I had gone last night ......but the important thing is getting that home opener win. Psychs everyone up. Especially when one of new guys earns his money like Tejada did.

From what little I remember of the game last night, it was pretty good game (TIF thinks pitching duels are boring).

But as far as the "All You can eat" promos, I'm kinda' against it. The lines last forever. I'd rather have the line be relatively short, to be honest with ya'.

Going to a baseball game is still one of the cheapest things you can do around town as long as you keep a budget in mind.

My games are costly because there is a certain amount of drinking and golden Tee involved. Then there is the time lost from work of one or two days (depending how lazy/hungover I am).

Now, if I can only get off my butt, I can look at the Dynamo schedule....

I hate eating at the stadium. It overpriced and it's too messy to try to eat in that environment. I always get the least messiest item: the (cold) $26 pretzel and a $15 Coke without a lid. If any place you need a lid on your drink, it's at a stadium. And sometimes popcorn or cotton candy. I wouldn't dare go into nacho or BBQ territory in stadium seating.

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

But as far as the "All You can eat" promos, I'm kinda' against it. The lines last forever.

Not only do the lines last forever, but they run out of food. On dollar hot dog nights, you see pigs with trays of 30 dogs and other people turned away because they've run out.

Not only do the lines last forever, but they run out of food. On dollar hot dog nights, you see pigs with trays of 30 dogs and other people turned away because they've run out.

Oh, I hear you, sister. :) I made a (drunken) remark about someone bumping into me with a stack of dogs on him. Aside from his being rude (he was a yankee) and non apologetic, he seemed upset that *I* wasn't watching where HE was going. So I casually commented that I hope he was planning on feeding his section of the stadium because HE didn't need it (me being the svelt, drunken gentlemen that I was). In turn, I apologized (i.e.flirted) with his (assumed) wife to any hurt feelings I may have caused, and future condolences of the future death of her husband due to a either a: choking on said dogs, of b: myocardial infarction. (That's "heart attack" to any mouth breathers in the audience) He didn't take it well but decided to head off with his precious cargo as his wife had a mixed expression annoyance, mirth, and the wifely "Look" that we men get when its the silent version of "I told you."

Overall, it was a good day at the ball park.

Edited by ricco67

I hate eating at the stadium. It overpriced and it's too messy to try to eat in that environment. I always get the least messiest item: the (cold) $26 pretzel and a $15 Coke without a lid. If any place you need a lid on your drink, it's at a stadium. And sometimes popcorn or cotton candy. I wouldn't dare go into nacho or BBQ territory in stadium seating.

I used to never eat either, except for peanuts. Now that I'm going on Friday nights I'm considering it 'dinner out.' Only one inconsequential spill so far. The problem I run into is getting food early and figuring out how to hold the chili dog during the national anthem.

Man I wanted to go to last nites game so damn bad, I just KNEW it was gonna be a killer game. I was the loudest dude in my building watching it on fsnHD though, I guarantee you that. Man oh man, when Berks hit that first homer I was yellin but when Lee hit that second one I nearly spit my Bud Light out!

the 'puma' is new this year.

Yay! We won tonight! As long as we relegate ourselves to dueling sloppy pitchers, our very expensive hitters will make it a fun game.

Good grief, it's going to be a long season.

P.S. Tonight was an extra treat: I got to sit in the dugout, and it's true. The people down there don't really care about baseball. They do care an awful lot about their upcoming trip to the Seychelles.