I have hope, but I'm not going to get it up too high. I know they have a chance and I'll leave it at that for now. I'll wait until (if) they get to the playoffs and then officially go on a fan frenzy.

I love the buzz in Houston when one of our teams are doing well. It's something positive for the local madia to focus on for a change and it just feels good. ^_^

If all falls through then so be it. I'll look forward to April!

Edited by KimberlySayWhat

I have hope, but I'm not going to get it up too high. I know they have a chance and I'll leave it at that for now. I'll wait until (if) they get to the playoffs and then officially go on a fan frenzy.

I love the buzz in Houston when one of our teams are doing well. It's something positive for the local madia to focus on for a change and it just feels good. ^_^

If all falls through then so be it. I'll look forward to April!

It's nice to see Huff and Luke Scott coming through right now. It's gonna be nice next year when all the young guys are able to play the way they are at the beginning of next season. Regardless of if we make it to the playoffs or not, if we play as well as we have recently for the last five games of the season, we have a LOT to be proud of with the 'Stros.

That being said, I'd LOVE to see Biggio will a ring. And I would LOVE to be in Houston while my 'Stros play in a World Series.

And maybe the Cards/Astros rivalry just got a little more heated. Perhaps they're our Red Sox/Yankees...

Now, for us to make it, we have to sweep the Braves, and HOPE the Brewers can win at least two...

And win today - luckily we have Roy O today, we need him to go late in the game after a night like last night. He's a gamer, I think we should be ok today.

At worst, we need the Brewers to win 1 and we sweep. This would force the Cards to play the make up game against San Fran on Monday. If they lose that, we tie for the season, a win and they are in. At the very least, I want them to have to earn this thing, so here's hoping we sweep the Braves.

I must say that I've NEVER heard this kind of buzz before in Houston (mind U, I ws out of country for the past few years except Super Bowl '04).

I was working out in a gym here in the Alief area during last night's game during the 6-9th innings, and the gym was full of sweaty men and women riding bikes and running treadmills cheering and booing every at-bat from the tv showing the game above. I've never heard cheering in a gym like I did when we hit in the 9th to save the game. Drama 4 yo mama, yo B)

I must say that I've NEVER heard this kind of buzz before in Houston (mind U, I ws out of country for the past few years except Super Bowl '04).

I was working out in a gym here in the Alief area during last night's game during the 6-9th innings, and the gym was full of sweaty men and women riding bikes and running treadmills cheering and booing every at-bat from the tv showing the game above. I've never heard cheering in a gym like I did when we hit in the 9th to save the game. Drama 4 yo mama, yo B)

Agreed, you NEVER see the 'Stros on sportscenter, and now you can't get Houston off of it. They are either talking about Mario Williams, or the 'Stros.

I'm going to try to go to Saturday's game against Atlanta. I'm hoping the team can win the division that day. Tickets shouldn't be hard to come by since it's in Atlanta. :lol:

I know it's a bit premature, but I got my tickets to game two. I don't even know if I'll be in town that day(I should be though). If I'm not I'll give/sell them. If they don't make it I get my money back.

Come on 'Stros!!!

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

BRING AS MANY ASTROS FANS TO ATLANTA'S STADIUM AS POSSIBLE!!!! I'd LOVE to see Atlanta painted Orange!!!!!!!!!!!

ORANGE ? You have been away far too long DJ, there aren't enough people in this town that where "Throwback" Jerseys too accomplish what you are asking. Atlanta stadium may be a nice Crimson Red though.

ORANGE ? You have been away far too long DJ, there aren't enough people in this town that where "Throwback" Jerseys too accomplish what you are asking. Atlanta stadium may be a nice Crimson Red though.

My bad:) Just pick a color in the Astro's history of uniforms, and transfer them to Atlanta's ballpark for the weekend B)

Here's what's up right now. The Astros are winning at the bottom of the 5th 3-0 over the Pirates right now. We got walked twice with the bases loaded. Thanx Pittsburgh so far! Let's see us win this one! Let's hope the Brewers pull off the upset tonight as well!!

I'd LOVE to see Atlanta painted Orange!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell you, I went to Atlanta a couple of years back to see the Astros play (Pettitte was pitching). It was like I was in Little Houston. I was surprised to see so many Astros fans in Atlanta.

I never see that many fans of the visiting team when I visit Minute Maid Park.

Re: Palmeiro & OCD

I'm not talking about strap adjusting. I'm talking about when he's at the plate, he does all these quirky things that look involuntary. Watch his eyebrows and his hands. He's always wiping his forehead with his hands as if he's brushing the bangs out of his face or wiping sweat. Only he has no bangs and if it's sweat, sweat beads wouldn't have had time to build up on his forehead as frequently as he wipes it. He kind of reminds me of a spider monkey. Don't tell me you've never noticed. I can't be the only one who watches in fascination when Orlando's at the bat.

I haven't noticed this about Orlando - but I used to notice it about Biggio - only not so much anymore. It's been a few years now - but he would always come up to the plate, tap his bat on the base, turn it around in his hands, and then adjust the helmet with his right hand. I only notice him adjusting the helmet now. I guess that's how he got all the pine tar on it.

I've never really noticed any Biggio quirks except for how he stretches his back before he bats.

Someone tell me, what do they mean by a half a game back? I don't understand that. So if they win half of the game tonight then they're tied with SL? :D

Are the Braves good? I don't keep up with the other sports team. Though right now of course I'm keeping one eye on the Cards and Reds.

A couple of my mom's friends drove to Atlanta this morning to cheer on the Astros. The more Astros fans, the better.

we have the same number of wins as STL, but one more loss. They have 4 games left to play, and we have 3. that's where the half game comes from. They have a makeup game with the Giants, and if they are within a half game of us (either behind or ahead), they will have to make that game up in STL monday. so if we win tonight, and they lose, we'll be a half game ahead. if after Sunday, we are one and a half games ahead, the STL-SF game will not be played, since it'll be meaningless. those teams will end the season only to have played 161 games.

the braves are decent, and play us well. they also hate us (knocked them out of the NLDS the last two years), and don't want us to win our division on their soil. we have a good chance the next two days, but Pettitte vs Smoltz Sunday will be interesting. best we can do is play like we've been playing, and hope the Cards do the same.

The Braves, who lost the finale of their three-game series against the New York Mets 7-4 on Thursday, have been knocked out of the Division Series in each of the last two years by the Astros, providing extra incentive for a team that will miss the playoffs for the first time since 1990.

"It would be fun to knock them out," right fielder Jeff Francoeur said.

Thanks, skwatra.

the braves are decent, and play us well. they also hate us (knocked them out of the NLDS the last two years), and don't want us to win our division on their soil.

That's right, I forgot about that 18-inning game and the Chris Burke homerun last season.

Pettitte can sometimes he shaky. I hope he does well tonight.

This will probably only be up for 1 more hour, but the Astro's Roger Clements is the feature picture on www.yahoo.com . I thought I'd NEVER see the Astros do that!!

......and if you go to Yahoo to find a "Roger Clements" picture, you are gonna be very frustrated. :angry2::wacko:

• 1 month later...

I heard on the radio that the Astros have sign on Carlos Lee to a six year contract, he will be a outfielder. He's been hitting 30+ home runs for 4 consecutive seasons.

Edited by Marty