I heard rapper Paul Wall threw out the first pitch at Monday's game.

Saw Sam Malone sitting near home plate the other day on TV. Though only we Houstonians would know him. I noticed Rockets' Tracy McGrady there when Barry Bonds was in town and there was such a big deal about him being one homerun away from tying Babe Ruth.

Other frequenters, of course, George 41, Babs and everyone's favorite, Tilman Fertitta.

What's funny is the other day I noticed Barbara there without George (he must have been in Connecticut). Usually they leave around the 7th inning. Babs stayed until the end. I guess George likes to go home early and take a nap so she took advantage of his not being there.

And then a few months ago Greta Van Susteren was sitting behind home plate with George and Babs.

Fun topic, any other celeb sitings at the Astros games?

Brad Lidge blows one promising, hopeful game after another. Get rid of him.

I don't really blame Roy Oswalt for the Pooholes homerun. That 10th inning shouldn't have happened in he first place, because the Astros were going to win. Until "Lights Out" came on. Every time the game is going in the Astros' favor and Brad Lidge shows up at the end I think "Oh no". He's become notorious for losing a good lead and sending them into extra innings which, most of the time, they end up losing. Trade Lidge for some fresh blood.

As for Roger, he's only played four games (?), but he hasn't really contributed in a great way just yet. If nothing changes, then I don't know what to say.

Another blown save from Mr. Lidge!!! What does this tell you?

I think the other teams are using hypnosis to intentionally make the Astros put Lidge in the game . We need someone like that retired World Cup French soccer player to come on board for the remainder of the season to go in and head butt the other teams coaches when they are using their hypnosis on the Astros to break them out of this spell.

I think the other teams are using hypnosis to intentionally make the Astros put Lidge in the game . We need someone like that retired World Cup French soccer player to come on board for the remainder of the season to go in and head butt the other teams coaches when they are using their hypnosis on the Astros to break them out of this spell.

:lol::lol: I KNEW there was a logical explanation!

At this point it doesn't seem like the 'Stros are looking strong enough. Then again, what do I know? I said that last year and look what happened.

Actually the standings this season scare me. Mets and Detroit on top of their divisions? Who'd have thunk it? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Brad Lidge blows one promising, hopeful game after another. Get rid of him.

I don't really blame Roy Oswalt for the Pooholes homerun. That 10th inning shouldn't have happened in he first place, because the Astros were going to win. Until "Lights Out" came on. Every time the game is going in the Astros' favor and Brad Lidge shows up at the end I think "Oh no". He's become notorious for losing a good lead and sending them into extra innings which, most of the time, they end up losing. Trade Lidge for some fresh blood.

As for Roger, he's only played four games (?), but he hasn't really contributed in a great way just yet. If nothing changes, then I don't know what to say.

Brad Lidge has found a way to become the successor to Octavio Dotel. Soriano would be a good addition though. I hadn't heard anything of that trade rumor until now. But, congratulations to Luke Scott on his cycle tonight...too bad the astrosd still lost... :angry2:

• 5 weeks later...

Astro's are down by seven games in the NL central and only down by four games for the wild card. I would think that with only about a month left in the season that there would be a bit more hype here.

I was fortunate enough to see the Stros spank Pittsburgh 14-1 earlier this month. That was probably my last game of the season.

Astro's are down by seven games in the NL central and only down by four games for the wild card. I would think that with only about a month left in the season that there would be a bit more hype here.

I was fortunate enough to see the Stros spank Pittsburgh 14-1 earlier this month. That was probably my last game of the season.

I'm pretty hyped:) I like how ESPN mentions the top 5 teams that have a chance at the Wild Card spot, and we're still not on it because we're 4 down. I'm trying to imagine what would happen if we beat the odds and were able to clinch that spot, even though at least 5 other teams have to lose B)

• 4 weeks later...
Dude, the Astros beat the Phillies, and the Cards lost to the Padres earlier tonight! We're only 2 1/2 back!

Think we might actually have a chance at the division?

Yep, I was rooting for the 'Stros and Padres last night

Astros play the Pirates(they aren't doing well) and the Cards are playing the Padres(West Division leaders) for the next couple of games. So we have a really good chance of going to the playoffs

So we have a really good chance of going to the playoffs

I wouldn't say we have a really good chance. lets just say we have a chance. the cards finish with the brewers (and giants if necessary). and they're at home.

we don't exactly play the pirates well, and no comment on the braves. but we can do it, we basically need to win at least 5 out of 6, if we can't sweep them both.

why did they do a coin toss if we're tied at the end? we won the season series with the cards...

It has been a fun week... even if we don't make it.. at least they have given us playoff atmosphere baseball for the final 2 weeks.

If we do pull this off.... the cards will go down in history as one of the biggest choking teams.. to lose a 8 1/2 game lead over the final week and a half.... that doesn't happen every year.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Some basic rules of baseball, proven over the past few seasons:

- If there are games left to be played, the Astros are still in the race.

- Don't throw to Sir Albert, regardless of the situation. He is the only person alive who can probably hit a walk-off homer, down 5 runs.

- If there's a game on ESPN, there's an 85% chance it's NY-Boston.

- NY and Boston play each other 75 games each season -- it's the only matchup America cares about

- The Cubs will begin their "September Slide" a week earlier every year. This year, they started it on June 6th. Next year it'll begin at the end of May.

- If Roger Clemens is pitching, his ERA will be lower than the price of a gallon of gas, but higher than his run support.

- A team will slide into the playoffs unnoticed (last year's Astros, this year's Tigers or Twins) and wreak havok.

- The Texas Rangers will realize that pitching over offense wins games, but do nothing about it.

- The Yankees will find a way to pay more in salaries than they did last year.

- Seattle will complain about their national following being low, because they play on the west coast.

- The Giants, Angels, A's and Dodgers will continue to wonder what Seattle is talking about.

- The Padres won't.

- The Pirates will stink.

- Somebody's girlfriend at some ballpark will say, "I didn't even know Tampa had a team."

- He'll say, "I thought it was a typo."

- The Angels will change their name to something that embraces more of the LA basin, in order to gain a larger fan base...or less, if they start getting the thugs from Long Beach down in Anaheim.

- Current leading contender is "The Los Angeles and Orange County part known as Anaheim, west of the 5, but not counting Santa Ana, because they're getting too scuzzy Angels.

- The AL will have home field advantage in in the WS

- San Antonio will come "this close" to landing an MLB team, then switch their sights, unsuccessfully, to the NFL.

Edited by dalparadise

Yo, check it. We're only 1 1/2 back now! Cards lost to the Padres again last night, and we beat the Pirates. The Cards have one more against the Padres tonight, then four against the Brewers, plus a make-up game against the Giants. The Astros have two more against the Pirates, and three against the Braves. I never thought I'd ever say this, but GO BREWERS!! It would still take a MIRACLE to make it to the post-season, but if this happens, it could be the biggest comeback in Astros history. Let's hope...

Jason Hirsh makes me nervous.

yup. let's hope the right guy shows up. its all or nothing with him.

why not put RoyO on with three days rest? he consistently destroys the Pirates. then he possibly could be available for the last game against the Braves as well.