Sign in to follow this  
CrockpotandGravel

5521 Navigation Blvd

CrockpotandGravel    4,336

A vacant 1950's warehouse in the Second Ward at 5521 Navigation Blvd will be repurposed. I am unaware of the property ownership.

From an old Loopnet listing:

Building size: 7,716 SF 

DeJC8C8.jpg
(Loopnet)

Google Map street view screenshots from August 2016:

zOSY21E.jpg

rjhjIUd.jpg
(Google Map)

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

The warehouse at 5521 Navigation Blvd is rumored for a brewery and taproom. The name is either TopHill Brewing Company or Symbolic Brewing Company.

This will be the second brewery in the Second Ward, Sigma Brewing being the other. I think there's another brewery coming to Second Ward at The Plant at Harrisburg (3401 Harrisburg).

Edited by CrockpotandGravel

Used Google to see if there were any renderings or details about the brewery for 5521 Navigation Blvd. I didn't find much.

I saw a deleted Facebook page for TopHill Brewing Company that matched the address
https://www.facebook.com/TopHill-Brewing-Company-1788944421423726/

I also a LinkedIn page for someone who is a founder of Symbolic Brewing Company in Houston. The person worked in some capacity of Flying Saucer in downtown Houston.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 9:16 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The warehouse at 5521 Navigation Blvd is rumored for a brewery and taproom. The name is either TopHill Brewing Company or Symbolic Brewing Company.

This will be the second brewery in the Second Ward, Sigma Brewing being the other. I think there's another brewery coming to Second Ward at The Plant at Harrisburg (3401 Harrisburg).

Construction is beginning on the warehouse at 5521 Navigation Blvd in Houston, soon to be Symbolic Brewing Company.

From Symbolic Brewing Co's Facebook:

HGST2Efr.jpg

Naviguessor    1,441

This is going to be great.  BBP is really focusing on the wharf and old crane structure on Turkey Bend, just behind this brewery.   I can see these two concepts coming together nicely.