Retail Center At 2416 Brazos St.

HTexas

• 3 weeks later...

I stopped by last Friday and they said haven't had an official opening yet. It wasn't crowded and yes, the skyline view is great.

The place will be good as long as they don't start with the shiny shirt dress code. I hope they keep it casual, at least for the upstairs area.

• 2 weeks later...

I walk by Open City all the time and they aren't getting much business. I decided to eat there and it was actually very good. They serve their complimentary bread with a really good honey butter. I think the problem with this place is that they don't really have a theme to help them stand out and draw people in. It is really nice inside so hopefully it will catch on soon.

The hubby and I checked this place out on Friday night. It was quite empty downstairs in the restaurant portion around 7pm. The upstairs with the view seemed to be rocking. I did not go up and look. The food was great. I had the chicken fried chicken with smashed potatoes. The chicken was extra crispy and the potatoes were garlicky and yummy.

The prices were a little steep I thought but in midtown this seems to be the trend.

I would go back.

• 8 years later...

I think "Open City" was actually the bar that is next to Sage County, not the "Cook and Collins" spot. Looking forward to this new concept taqueria. If they can get the right Happy Hour menu and prices and really draw in the Midtown demographic of 20's and 30's and still be at least a little classy, it will work. There's so many of these taco spots in Houston that are successful, innovative, and reasonably prices (Velvet Taco, Torchy's, etc), they should follow the lead on these and then add that "rock n' roll" atmosphere like they say, in some classic rock music and memorabilia as the decor (take a note from Hard Rock Cafe and kick it up a notch). All of the Torchy's locations and the Velvet Taco location are always very busy and the menus are original with a casual atmosphere and competitive pricing.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I still can't insert links to pictures from Flickr....

This is the error I see:  The link could not be embedded because of an unexpected error: error: undefined.

Here are a couple pics - the place is big !!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127986739@N07/42412898044/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127986739@N07/29259459178/in/dateposted-public/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://www.houstonpress.com/restaurants/los-tios-expands-77-degrees-debuts-soon-11213066

77 Degrees, 2416 Brazos, is slated to open early March on the rooftop of Jack and Ginger's. Both concepts are from Union Venture Group, a hospitality business founded by brothers Jeff and Darren Van Delden nearly 20 years ago in Austin, where the original Jack and Ginger's pub and 77 Degrees are located.

The laid-back vibe of 77 Degrees will be evident in the four levels of cabana-style seating and Caribbean-inspired tapas and cocktails. The spectacular view of the Houston skyline will remind guests where they are. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to 2416 Brazos St.
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 2416 Brazos St.

Archived