Eastdwntwn

Frankel's has been sold.

Frank Liu bought this, so I think you should expect townhomes.

I've heard that the salvage yard kitty corner to this (on Dallas) is under contract, and the warehouse at 2901 Polk will be redeveloped into a self-storage property.

While I'm not a big fan of townhomes, Frank builds pretty high end stuff, so it should improve the look and feel of the area.

• Like 2

Seems like Liu and Lovett Commercial have purchased a lot of property here on the eastside. There's the Post Building (proposed Spouts, CVS, and Offices), Lockwood and Harrisburg, and I-45 and Cullen. I know there has been some progress on Lockwood and Harrisburg but I wonder how long its going to take for anything else to actually materialize.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eastdwntwn said:

Seems like Liu and Lovett Commercial have purchased a lot of property here on the eastside. There's the Post Building (proposed Spouts, CVS, and Offices), Lockwood and Harrisburg, and I-45 and Cullen. I know there has been some progress on Lockwood and Harrisburg but I wonder how long its going to take for anything else to actually materialize.

Change has been here for years, just not really as noticeable. 

I weep for traffic in the area.

But hey, like you say... progress.

I suppose I should get used to the idea and embrace it.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/11/2018 at 11:41 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:
On 11/6/2018 at 2:51 PM, Eastdwntwn said:

https://i.imgur.com/KixehzIr.jpg

lYp9deB.jpg

Updated renderings of the ones above posted to Lovett Commercial's website: (archive link)

LmYupsE.jpg
(direct link here)

DyGQB6r.jpg
(direct link here)

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

A new rendering of 2901 Polk St and 2801 Polk St. This is showing the other side of this building.

7 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

DyGQB6r.jpg
(direct link here)

The new renderings shows Delano St and Polk St, around the corner from the rendering above.

nH71w2S.jpg

This is part of the proposed readaptive use of the warehouses and Frankel's Costumes in East Downtown or EaDo in the Warehouse District of Houston.

Proposed rendering was posted to Lovett Commercial's website: (archive link)

Posted (edited)

From Lovett Commercial's website on the homepage (archive link), the proposed readaptive use of the warehouses and Frankel's Costumes in East Downtown or EaDo will be part of the Polk District.

The Polk District includes the block with 2901 Polk St and 2801 Polk St in the Warehouse District of Houston.
  This is the proposed mixed-use present to the city last year (posted about here and here).

And according to Lovett Commerical's updated listing (archive link), Polk and Dowling ( Emancipation Ave ), the old Post newspaper building at 2410 Polk St proposed for a mixed-use then a Sprouts grocery store (thread about it here), is also part of Polk District.

Previously, the development on the Lovett Commerical homepage and listing did not include the proposed changes to the warehouses and Frankel's Costumes. The homepage and listing only included the former Post newspaper building and was labeled Polk and Dowling.

Here's the listing title for the development updated recently on the Lovett Commerical homepage. It shows the old Post newspaper building only:

ZHXTPsf.jpg?1

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

More on the Polk District from Lovett Commerical. The proposed readaptive use of the warehouses and Frankel's Costumes in East Downtown or EaDo will be part of the Polk District.

From Bisnow Houston:

(Trust Bisnow with a grain of salt. I noticed Bisnow FREQUENTLY publishes wrong details or outdated details as if it's new (when details have changed). I emailed them a few times on several reports of theirs, providing sources or recent article from trusted publications proving what they reported is wrong. Instead of correcting the articles, they refused to update and left the misinformation)

The Polk District

Lovett Commercial will rehab the former Houston Post building at Polk Street and Emancipation Avenue into Polk District, which will feature a grocery store, a pharmacy and a café, per marketing material.  

A new 30K SF building is proposed that will include a Sprouts Farmers Market and office space, according to the marketing material. The existing three-story structure will be converted into a CVS, which will include a pharmacy and drive-thru. 

The redevelopment includes additional space for retail, office and entertainment concepts. It will also have ample parking options and be pedestrian-friendly, per the marketing material. 

Lovett Commercial did not provide any project updates by press time. 

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/neighborhood/5-projects-planned-for-eado-and-east-end-98989