Frankel's At 2801 Polk St.

Frank Liu bought this, so I think you should expect townhomes.

I've heard that the salvage yard kitty corner to this (on Dallas) is under contract, and the warehouse at 2901 Polk will be redeveloped into a self-storage property.

While I'm not a big fan of townhomes, Frank builds pretty high end stuff, so it should improve the look and feel of the area.

Seems like Liu and Lovett Commercial have purchased a lot of property here on the eastside. There's the Post Building (proposed Spouts, CVS, and Offices), Lockwood and Harrisburg, and I-45 and Cullen. I know there has been some progress on Lockwood and Harrisburg but I wonder how long its going to take for anything else to actually materialize.

16 hours ago, Eastdwntwn said:

Seems like Liu and Lovett Commercial have purchased a lot of property here on the eastside. There's the Post Building (proposed Spouts, CVS, and Offices), Lockwood and Harrisburg, and I-45 and Cullen. I know there has been some progress on Lockwood and Harrisburg but I wonder how long its going to take for anything else to actually materialize.

Change has been here for years, just not really as noticeable. 

I weep for traffic in the area.

But hey, like you say... progress.

I suppose I should get used to the idea and embrace it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, cspwal said:

Drove by it today, and the Frankel's site looked dead.  The cold storage section looked like something was going on though

There is one guy that seems to come daily. It seems like the intent is really just to man the site versus make any real progress.

• 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Frankel's Has Been Sold
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Frankel's At 2801 Polk St.

Archived