Typical Dallas Living

Rosewood

This thread kind of pisses me off because it represents the reason people in other cities have the misperception that all Dallasites are pretentious snobs who do nothing but brag about the money that they don't really have. $30,000 a year millionaires are the worst!

I realize that taste is like class - it can't be purchased otherwise everyone would have it. And, I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't even like the rooms in most of those pics. Most of them look like a hooker won the lotto and did the decorating herself. The only room I like is the bathroom and that's because it's simple, modern, and ellegant.

The bedroom and Library are hideous. They look like Sigfried and Roy should be lounging around with half a dozen white tigers.

The dining room reminds me of some thing from The Empire Strikes Back. I can almost see Darth Vader standing at the far end of the room when Han Solo, Leia, and Chewy walk in to his trap....

And what's with all that cheesy gold plating slathered all over everything? The bar looks like something from a strip club.

I don't even like the rooms in most of those pics. Most of them look like a hooker won the lotto and did the decorating herself.

The bedroom and Library are hideous. They look like Sigfried and Roy should be lounging around with half a dozen white tigers.

The dining room reminds me of some thing from The Empire Strikes Back. I can almost see Darth Vader standing at the far end of the room when Han Solo, Leia, and Chewy walk in to his trap....

And what's with all that cheesy gold plating slathered all over everything? The bar looks like something from a strip club.

Welcome to "typical" Dallas! :lol:

This thread kind of pisses me off because it represents the reason people in other cities have the misperception that all Dallasites are pretentious snobs who do nothing but brag about the money that they don't really have. $30,000 a year millionaires are the worst!

I realize that taste is like class - it can't be purchased otherwise everyone would have it. And, I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't even like the rooms in most of those pics. Most of them look like a hooker won the lotto and did the decorating herself. The only room I like is the bathroom and that's because it's simple, modern, and ellegant.

Its called "New Money" or "Ghetto Fab".....Unfortunently or fortunently depending how you look at it.... Its not just contained Dallas.... Every been to Atlanta?

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA ! Slow your roll Cheif, this is a "joke" thread partner. All the references stem from another thread that we were doggin Ms.Rosewood on. Clam down, she is just "joshin" ya. All these pictures are from some big Dallas hotel in the 80's, most of the pics anyways, I think the WETBAR really is Ms. Rosewood's ( she likes her gin & tonics you know), but keep that under your skirt. :D

WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA ! Slow your roll Cheif, this is a "joke" thread partner. All the references stem from another thread that we were doggin Ms.Rosewood on. Clam down, she is just "joshin" ya. All these pictures are from some big Dallas hotel in the 80's, most of the pics anyways, I think the WETBAR really is Ms. Rosewood's ( she likes her gin & tonics you know), but keep that under your skirt. :D

WHEW! Well that's a big relief and I extend my sincere "I'm sorry" to Rosewood. I'm sure I will be posting another "I'm sorry" in the other thread too... So, Sorry Rosewood... I thought you were being serious.

But, I stand by my statement about the hooker winning the lotto. ;-)

WHEW! Well that's a big relief and I extend my sincere "I'm sorry" to Rosewood. I'm sure I will be posting another "I'm sorry" in the other thread too... So, Sorry Rosewood... I thought you were being serious.

But, I stand by my statement about the hooker winning the lotto. ;-)

Willy,

I thought you were from Fort Worth?

I think the person who posted the pictures was just being sarcastic. This can apply to any place. I've been to Dallas plenty of times and I don't see any difference than any other place. It's just that unfortunate outdated Ewing image they're stuck with.

All these pictures are from some big Dallas hotel in the 80's

I just noticed the cars.

Willy,

I thought you were from Fort Worth?

I am from Fort Worth, but I will be moving to Dallas soon because of work. I start a new job next week in Dallas and can't justify the 1.5 hour, one way commute at over $3.00 a gallon. It would cost me $300 a week to get to and from work, and the drive time with morning and afternoon traffic would result in me in a bell tower with a deer rifle on the evening news. I should be used to commutting to Dallas given that I've lived in FW since graduating from college, but have never had a job in FW... always in North Dallas or Las Colinas. But, I took the last few years off to care for some family members and in that time the traffic around here has gotten much worse. Moving is the only option!

The reason that I get mad when Dallas is attacked is because DFW really does exist as one big metro area more than it does as a cluster of mutually exclusive independent cities. Dallas and FW have a sibling rivalry thing going, but at the same time there is a certain amount of synergy that takes place in the Metroplex because of the fact that FW and Dallas are surrounded by suburbs that commute all over the rest of the Metroplex. I love FW, but I also love Dallas. I know that's rare to find a native FW guy whe loves Dallas, but I really do. Now, that said, I am the king of anti-snobby and anti-pretentiousness. I grew up in FW's "Old Money Zone", went to FW's answer to Highland Park High School and have spent my life surrounded by a lot of people with REAL money, not the flashy $30,000-a-year millionaires who charge $300 jeans on their credit cars and then make the minimum payments every month so they can make the payment on their leased H2. I know some of those people too. They make me shake my head when they pull up to their rented uptown townhouse in their $80K BMW. Okay, so there are plenty of people in Dallas who fit that mold, but there are people like that everywhere - Houston, FW, San Antonio, Austin... they're everywhere. There just seems to be this huge streak of new money in Dallas that flaunts itself with pride. When I was in LA a couple years ago, there were tons of Ferrarris and RR's driving around. In Dallas you see Hummers everywhere you go. It is the lasting legacy of the JR Ewing thing.... But, despite all the Paris Hilton Impersonators in Dallas, the city really does have a lot going for it... It's already very urban and getting more urban everyday. Dallas really is enjoying a crazy building boom right now. It's weird to me that Dallas is building so many high rises while NOTHING new is being built in FW and FW is one of the fastest growing cities in the country. Go figure.

Me scolding my sweet honeypoo's Bush and Reagan to stay off the dress while I head out for lunch in my typical Turtle Creek Bedroom.

msrosewoodsbedroom5fa.jpg

I had no idea that Turtle Creek was anywhere near Central Park West. That is some Skyline in the background there. You are right ,Dallas is "booming", it is so big ,it runs smack dab into New York City. :blink:

Sorry, Rose, but the jig is up. The Joan Crawford photo was the tip-off. Everything about it was fake.

John's getting ready for a show in NYC next week, (according to his press releases), there's no way he's hanging out at the HAIF board on Friday night.

I'm guessing you're not Lypsinka, but perhaps his old friend, Tangella DeVille, a retired drag queen now residing in Dallas, which would explain both your knowledge and affinity for all things Dallas. Am I right? Are we in the presence of "celebrity" on the HAIF board?

Archived