Sign in to follow this  
Nothing but me and my Cadillac

What Kind Of Area Is Montrose?

It just makes me feel "out of place" if I'm SURROUNDED by them. I was always against Gay Rights, Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Yeah...those "Gay Rights" suck. I'm gay and I never liked that term. I was thinking more along the lines that as long as gays were denied the same rights as straight people, then it was just "Special Rights for Straights".

So I guess as long as straight folks continue to enjoy special rights, I as a gay man will just have to continue to being a pain in the ass to those that think otherwise.

But back to your question:

"I've been researching more, and I've found Montrose to be in my price range. What kind of place is it like, and how "alternative" is it? you know what I mean!"

No, I don't know what you mean because my ability to read minds left me long ago-but I have a pretty good guess "what you mean"

Montrose is diverse. You won't be able to walk out your door without having the possibility of running into a gay, black Democrat with an adopted Cambodian child on their way to the Unitarian Church.

It sounds like there is no place in Houston you would be comfortable. I don't think you's be comfortable in the Woodlands either. You may run into my best friend and his Negro wife. You may run into my lesbian cousin, her Jewish lover and their 3 kids. Worst of all, you might accidently brush up against one of them and then...well, we all knows what happens next: BAM!!! You are gay.

B)

Yeah...those "Gay Rights" suck. I'm gay and I never liked that term. I was thinking more along the lines that as long as gays were denied the same rights as straight people, then it was just "Special Rights for Straights".

So I guess as long as straight folks continue to enjoy special rights, I as a gay man will just have to continue to being a pain in the ass to those that think otherwise.

But back to your question:

"I've been researching more, and I've found Montrose to be in my price range. What kind of place is it like, and how "alternative" is it? you know what I mean!"

No, I don't know what you mean because my ability to read minds left me long ago-but I have a pretty good guess "what you mean"

Montrose is diverse. You won't be able to walk out your door without having the possibility of running into a gay, black Democrat with an adopted Cambodian child on their way to the Unitarian Church.

It sounds like there is no place in Houston you would be comfortable. I don't think you's be comfortable in the Woodlands either. You may run into my best friend and his Negro wife. You may run into my lesbian cousin, her Jewish lover and their 3 kids. Worst of all, you might accidently brush up against one of them and then...well, we all knows what happens next: BAM!!! You are gay.

B)

Someone has an attitude problem. I asked a simple question and yet you turn it into a raict thread. I already posted that I like diversity and said I didn't want to live in a place where Gays were a majority. You need to rethink on your above post, your trying to make me into a bigot, and that sir I AM NOT! And you also think I am white, how did you make that conclusion? Am I not talking like a black person, should I start swearing? Maybe I should insert BLACK, Republican, Catholic Christian. Stop posting hate.

Someone has an attitude problem. I asked a simple question and yet you turn it into a raict thread. I already posted that I like diversity and said I didn't want to live in a place where Gays were a majority. You need to rethink on your above post, your trying to make me into a bigot, and that sir I AM NOT! And you also think I am white, how did you make that conclusion? Am I not talking like a black person, should I start swearing? Maybe I should insert BLACK, Republican, Catholic Christian. Stop posting hate.

Yo, scooter! Take a chill pill. I never said anything about your skin color-although if I was going to, I would never say you were "white"-I've never actually seen a "white" skinned person-that would be kinda creepy. Myself-I'm sort of a light tan kinda guy ;)

If you get right down to it, I don't care if you are purple-unless that denotes some kind of rare transmittable disease. :lol:

Maybe you thought you were replying to another post? I never mentioned skin color.

I've not turned this into a "raict thread" [i'm assuming you meant "racist"?] I never suggested you were a bigot. I merely alluded to your own words: "I was always against Gay Rights".

I am not posting hate.

I have problems but not any that have to do with my attitude.

Most black people I know don't swear. [i guess I'll just attribute that to being one of your own stereotypes]

B)

Yo, scooter! Take a chill pill. I never said anything about your skin color-although if I was going to, I would never say you were "white"-I've never actually seen a "white" skinned person-that would be kinda creepy. Myself-I'm sort of a light tan kinda guy ;)

If you get right down to it, I don't care if you are purple-unless that denotes some kind of rare transmittable disease. :lol:

Maybe you thought you were replying to another post? I never mentioned skin color.

I've not turned this into a "raict thread" [i'm assuming you meant "racist"?] I never suggested you were a bigot. I merely alluded to your own words: "I was always against Gay Rights".

I am not posting hate.

I have problems but not any that have to do with my attitude.

Most black people I know don't swear. [i guess I'll just attribute that to being one of your own stereotypes]

B)

I'm referring to what you saidIt sounds like there is no place in Houston you would be comfortable. I don't think you's be comfortable in the Woodlands either. You may run into my best friend and his Negro wife. You may run into my lesbian cousin, her Jewish lover and their 3 kids.

You are saying that I wouldn't be comfortable around anybody else except people that are the same as I.

Yes, you did mention skin color:running into a gay, black Democrat with an adopted Cambodian child on their way to the Unitarian Church.

Basically you are categorizing me as a caucaian.

I don't believe gay's should be able to marry due to they're the same gender.

Lastly, I do not "stereotype" people by their race, I'm simply referring to the fact that people (you for example) would want an african-american to come on this board and not talk rationally. Don't try and catergorize me, it makes you look like an ass sir.

Maybe I should insert BLACK, Republican, Catholic Christian. Stop posting hate.

Just an aside. Has nothing to do with the thread. Just curious. Why do you refer to yourself as a Catholic Christian? Are there non-Christian Catholics?

that's non-catholic christians, not non-christian catholics :blink:

Edited by sevfiv

Y'all, no offense, but it looks like we've strayed away from the topic at hand.

While some of the issues being discussed here are interesting, the proper place to discuss them is in "Way Off Topic". A general reminder: please keep conversations on an intellectual (not personal) level.

I'm closing this thread. If anyone wants it reopened, please contact me.

A member requested that I reopen and move this thread from Montrose to Way Off Topic. Done.

As a reminder; even in this forum, no name calling or personal attacks.

Well yes there are non-Catholic-Christians. You could be Christian Reform, different types of Christianity belief's exist.

No I said "are there non-Christian Catholics?" When you say Catholic Christian you are being redundant. All Catholics are Christians. Oh, I guess I'm just nit-picking.

No I said "are there non-Christian Catholics?" When you say Catholic Christian you are being redundant. All Catholics are Christians. Oh, I guess I'm just nit-picking.

No, there aren't any non-Christian Catholics, just Hypocritical ones. Pass the wine and wafers already, it is time to P-A-R-T-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-Y-Y-Y !!!

No, I agree. Its no different than saying that someone is a gay homosexual. "Gay-mo" perhaps? :P

Its no different than saying that someone is a gay homosexual.

I'm more of a morose homosexual, myself. :mellow:

Hey caddy, I live in Shady Acres, and it is probably in your price range, but I want to warn you that there are more glbt's here than any other part of the city. You wouldn't know it, but they are everywhere. Stay away, far, far away.......

Is it just me, or is there a high percentage of homos who come to this board to tell everyone they are homos?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I never come on this board saying I love puzy.

Sheesh!

Who really cares where you take it?

Is it just me, or is there a high percentage of homos who come to this board to tell everyone they are homos?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I never come on this board saying I love puzy.

Sheesh!

Apparently the gentleman who started this thread cares.

Do you object when men talk about their wives or girlfriends? Seems like they do that quite often.

Why, oh why must straight people flaunt their heterosexuality?

Apparently the gentleman who started this thread cares.

Do you object when men talk about their wives or girlfriends? Seems like they do that quite often.

Why, oh why must straight people flaunt their heterosexuality?

:lol:

Sheesh!

YIKES! Midtown-lighten up. Maybe you should do some demographics on this forum. Let us know how many "breeders" [like you] there are and how many "homos" [as you so crudley put it] there are.

B)

I really don't care, just making an observation.

I surf a lot of message boards, and it seems to come up here a lot. I never see it on the other boards I frequent.

It's just funny to see all the "I am gay" replies.

Why? Becuase you NEVER see an "I'm a Breeder" thread.

Like it or not, the world needs Breeders!

Main Entry: 1ho

Edited by MidtownCoog

Hey caddy, I live in Shady Acres, and it is probably in your price range, but I want to warn you that there are more glbt's here than any other part of the city. You wouldn't know it, but they are everywhere. Stay away, far, far away.......

I am gonna have to "flaunt " my heterosexuality for just a second. I am not up to date on my "gay lingo", what the hell does "GLBT" mean ? Please enlighten me. B)

I am gonna have to "flaunt " my heterosexuality for just a second. I am not up to date on my "gay lingo", what the hell does "GLBT" mean ? Please enlighten me. B)

Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual Transgendered

B)

Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual Transgendered

B)

Oh ! I mean, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhh , yeah, yeah, yeah, I knew that. Um, I was just kidding you guys. ( psst!, thanks for the 411 nmain.) ;)

I'll object to that. There's nothing worse than a co-worker asking you if you think his wife is "hot" when clearly the answer is no. Why would you ask a question like that? Why would you care what other people think of your wife? You married her for crying out loud - don't you think its a little late to be asking for opinions?

One day I'm going to tell one of these guys the truth just to see what they'll do..

I'll object to that. There's nothing worse than a co-worker asking you if you think his wife is "hot" when clearly the answer is no. Why would you ask a question like that? Why would you care what other people think of your wife? You married her for crying out loud - don't you think its a little late to be asking for opinions?

One day I'm going to tell one of these guys the truth just to see what they'll do..

Just tell them, " I'm not so sure, since I only really get to see her from behind, when i'm taggin her !"

They probably won't ask again after that.

Or, you can tell them that she has a "butterface."

Edited by TJones

How about a Gay Roll Call to show how we represent on this forum?

(Raises Hand)

Be proud!

Both hands raised. A gay Aggie? We are everywhere! :)

Hetero here. My gay friends tell me it's a genetic thing and I'll never grow out of it;)

You guys flaunt away, you don't bother or offend me.

:o Your gay friends never recruted you? I hear this months premium is a George Foreman grill.

Go, Breeders!

You KNOW you need us breeders.

How else are you going to get fresh meat and new recruits?

A lot of my gay friends are "reformed" breeders. Have children, got married at a young age 'cuz society, family whatever told them that is the way it's done.

Man, I kinda feel sorry for those kids, though. That has to be tough to go through.

Having a "normal" childhood is hard enough these days.

I agree.

(breeder here.. a very good breeder I might add! ;))

Man, I kinda feel sorry for those kids, though. That has to be tough to go through.

Having a "normal" childhood is hard enough these days.

Naw. They all seem to be great parents. All the kids seem to be Ok and well adjusted. Maybe a little spoiled.

People can be cruel though. We all have to go "through" something. But ultimately it's the divorce that is hardest on the kids, not the fact that they have a gay parent.

I agree.

(breeder here.. a very good breeder I might add! ;))

Calvin? Calvin Murphy is that you?

Wheeeeeeewwwwwwww ! What did i miss here, I just got done breeding in the other room with the missus, and thought I'd see what you people were talking about now. So, how is the debate on "how Montrose is like" going ? :huh:

Wheeeeeeewwwwwwww ! What did i miss here, I just got done breeding in the other room with the missus, and thought I'd see what you people were talking about now. So, how is the debate on "how Montrose is like" going ? :huh:

As you can see the debate has "evolved" somewhat.

murphy_47259.jpg

Calvin Murphy? No.

Thumb700.jpg

Charlie Murphy? Maybe. :)

I'm Rick James, delicate flower !...........Coooooooollllllddd Blooded. :D

I'm Rick James, delicate flower !...........Coooooooollllllddd Blooded. :D

Since he died last year he is REALLY cold blooded.

Since he died last year he is REALLY cold blooded.

:lol: More like cold embalming-fluided. Is that a word ?

my close friend's father came out and divorced his mom when he was 16. the hardest part was definitely the divorce, though his parents are still close.

he hangs out with his dad all the time, and after a little bit of time he was ok with it.

i didn't meet him until college, i'm sure it was bad at first, but now he's very open about the whole thing.

Galveston's Lakewood Baptist Temple. Duh. :D

A lot of my gay friends are "reformed" breeders. Have children, got married at a young age 'cuz society, family whatever told them that is the way it's done.
But ultimately it's the divorce that is hardest on the kids, not the fact that they have a gay parent.
my close friend's father came out and divorced his mom when he was 16. the hardest part was definitely the divorce, though his parents are still close.

he hangs out with his dad all the time, and after a little bit of time he was ok with it.

i didn't meet him until college, i'm sure it was bad at first, but now he's very open about the whole thing.

I agree that it is usually the divorce, and not the existence of a gay parent, that is hardest on children, at least in the long term. Of course, having a gay parent is difficult in the near-term as well. However, perhaps someone here can answer these questions:

If you are born gay, do you not know that you are gay prior to getting married? If so, why are you getting married? And, once you are married, don't you have a committment to remain married, regardless of the fact that you now "know" you are gay and, accordingly, never should have gotten married in the first place?

Thus, I don't understand why gay people feel the need to get a divorce from their heterosexual relationship---they presumably knew they were gay going into the marriage, so using the reason "I'm gay and need to be true to myself" as a reason to get out of the marriage seems awfully suspect and selfish to me. So why do gay people get a divorce from their marital relationship?

It doesn't matter to me if someone is gay. What bothers me though is for a gay person to get married, have a kid, and then---by declaring their need to an unmarried gay person---gets a divorce, effectively screwing up two people's lives that may never had been screwed up if: 1) the gay person had never gotten married in the first place [although I realize this may eliminate the existence of the child, but in any event....]; and 2) if the gay person had just followed through with their original marital committment. Does the gay parent ever truly consider the feelings of their kids when realizing "hey, I'm gay, I shouldn't be married!"?

Do any of my questions make sense?

If not, I'm sorry, but I have never (knowingly) met another child of a gay divorced parent, and I've often wondered what their thoughts on the matter were. When I was traveling around Australia, I met a gay divorced father who had several kids, and when I asked him how his kids handled his coming-out and his divorce, he seemed stunned and acted as if he had never considered what they thought about the matter. Instead, all of his comments revolved around how difficult it was for him to come out, and it seemed like no thought was ever given to his children's feelings. After I asked my question, he even said he had never even met a child of a gay parent! I was shocked....I mean, we aren't that rare, are we?

If you are born gay, do you not know that you are gay prior to getting married? If so, why are you getting married? And, once you are married, don't you have a committment to remain married, regardless of the fact that you now "know" you are gay and, accordingly, never should have gotten married in the first place?

Thus, I don't understand why gay people feel the need to get a divorce from their heterosexual relationship---they presumably knew they were gay going into the marriage, so using the reason "I'm gay and need to be true to myself" as a reason to get out of the marriage seems awfully suspect and selfish to me. So why do gay people get a divorce from their marital relationship?

it's more of a coming-to-terms-with-being-gay situation i suppose...

At one time,

Men were pressured to be married. You couldn't be gay or at least appear to be single.

The movie brokeback mountain is coming out soon and deals with that issue.

The two leads are gay but are married and with children.

many people go through their lives attempting to be what their families and friends perceive them to be. when you love your friends and family and the comfort that they bring, it can be difficult to acknowledge (even to yourself) that you really aren't straight.

i agree that the marriage commitment should supercede sexuality. it would be the ultimate act of unselfishness and love for another if someone were to bear their burden quietly. i know i'll get slammed for this. i'm not saying anyone should not be who they are. i'm simply attempting to illustrate that sexuality is a small part of life. there are more important things.

i agree that the marriage commitment should supercede sexuality.

that is opening up a huge can of worms...marriage commitment isn't exactly something that is taken seriously here anyhow...