Spirit Of Houston Statue

Guest OutOfTheRacesAndOntoTheTracks

Okay, if there was a designated place for this topic already, well I sure as hell couldn't find it so has anyone heard anything about the Spirit Of Houston? I figured they had cancelled the vision altogether since the guy died but who knows... if so that's a shame. I thought she was awesome. I'm still new at this place so don't know if the picture will come through or not.

Spirit Of Houston

Okay, if there was a designated place for this topic already, well I sure as hell couldn't find it so has anyone heard anything about the Spirit Of Houston? I figured they had cancelled the vision altogether since the guy died but who knows... if so that's a shame. I thought she was awesome. I'm still new at this place so don't know if the picture will come through or not.

Spirit Of Houston

I emailed the web master I will let you know what he says

I am looking up the company Michels Bollinger, Inc.

Spirit Of Houston

This statue was talked about a lot a few years ago on this forum but the forum crashed so it all disappeared. It was an idea that never came through. Lots of people didn't like it and thought it was too tacky. The talks about it were brief and the idea died quickly (then it became a forum joke).

I would like to have some sort of an icon for Houston though I'm not sure this would be my top choice.

Not sure why he emphasized the crotch area so much?

Kind of Mother Russia looking - and not sure how the statue would ever fit into Houston's image! But I guess people 100 years from now would think its pretty cool - that is until Hurricane X blows it over into someones neighborhood!

Great Googly Moogly, I am so happy that "project" went down the tubes, what a way to remember our fair city, a 60ft. Vagina ! Foreigners would come here thinking this must be the "mecca" for gynecology.

It looks like something you'd see in front of Treasures or Rick's; a stripper walking out into a tropical storm after someone dropped something in her drink.

:(

That guy is a genius. Did you read about his humans and dolphins together in space vision!? Fascinating eh?

It looks like something you'd see in front of Treasures or Rick's; a stripper walking out into a tropical storm after someone dropped something in her drink.

Well, he may have gotten his "vision" from an ex-stripper. That statue is almost as big as Anna Nicole was a year ago. "TRIM SPA BABY !" Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhttt !!!! And there are alligators in the sewers lady. :o

It looks like something you'd see in front of Treasures or Rick's

It reminds me of the twin statues which used to stand outside the Booby Rock, which was a strip club on Lower Westheimer in the early 80s. They were concrete Greek goddesses which some superior mind decreed should be painted with aluminum paint (to make 'em "classy").

Unfortunately, a drunk ran into one of them and broke her off at the ankles. Ever resourceful, the management kept her upright by looping a chain around her neck and an adjacent pole. Looked like an S&M lynching. She can still be seen on the back patio of Mary's.

Great Googly Moogly, I am so happy that "project" went down the tubes, what a way to remember our fair city, a 60ft. Vagina ! Foreigners would come here thinking this must be the "mecca" for gynecology.

No matter how funny it would have been to see this built in Herman park (and how many are disgusted by it), the sheer size of it would have been a mighty attraction for Houston. 555 feet compared to statue of liberty's 305 feet (including base)

Hopefully some other Houstonian thinks big like this guy. Would be great to see some city pride in a project of this size.

Greatest Statues

imagine that chrome refelcting in the sun...while driving...eek

yeah...kinda scary...less like camel, more like the grinch :oB)

just for a refresher:

spirit_icon1.jpg

Hey, maybe the guy really was on to something. She's kind of like a Goddess of Wind. With all of the big storms here having had female names; Carla, Alicia, Allison and Rita, maybe we need something to pay homage to so that She will spare us from more devastating destruction in the future.

Hey, maybe the guy really was on to something. She's kind of like a Goddess of Wind. With all of the big storms here having had female names; Carla, Alicia, Allison and Rita, maybe we need something to pay homage to so that She will spare us from more devastating destruction in the future.

i like the idea of a storm-lady statue...i could just do without looking at a frontal wedgie :lol:

On another thread there was mention made of a typhoon "Longwang". There really was one with this name. Sure it means something different over there. Anyway, I'll let you all paint a mental picture of the statue to that one would look like.

:lol:

On another thread there was mention made of a typhoon "Longwang". There really was one with this name. Sure it means something different over there. Anyway, I'll let you all paint a mental picture of the statue to that one would look like.

:lol:

I could of gone all day without hearing about that.

Jimmy goes down to the beach to hang out and try to pick up some girls.

As he walks along the shore in his droopy Birdwell shorts, all the girls seem to be so uninterested.

Frustrated, Jimmy goes over to the lifeguard stand where he sees about 4 or 5 girls just fawning all over Biff the lifeguard.

Jimmy asks Biff, "man, what is your secret?"

Biff explains, "man it is soooo easy, first off, get rid of those droopy drawers, and get yourself a speedo that is 2 sizes too small. Then stick a fist size potatoe in your speedo. I guarantee the girls will go crazy."

The next day Jimmy goes and gets the speedo and a potatoe, he then heads off to the beach to WOW ! the ladies.

As Jimmy walks along the beach this time, everyone seems so disgusted and most even turn their heads from Jimmy.

Jimmy is heartbroken and goes back to Biff.

He asks Biff, "man, what is going on, all the girls are totally grossed out now."

Biff, looks at Jimmy, and says" Jesus dude, The friggin potatoe goes in the front !" :lol:

Archived