What Car Would You Want If Money Were No Object?

Nothing but me and my Cadillac

M5 Estate, Coog. M5 Estate. ^_^

Seriously, wagons are the way to go. Some of them have as much carrying capacity as SUVs, they handle better, are safer, and get better gas mileage. In Europe, they are considered far cooler than SUVs, which always have that whiff of bad form about them.

My favorite car is the Continental. I want one in black on black with a black top (al a Entourage opening credits). Throw a stereo in it with some nice wheels and I'm in heaven.The Bentley is a great car. It is based on the VW Phaeton (which is just about as nice, and can be had for a small fraction of the cost) which is a great platform. 200+mph in a four door sedan (in the Bentley or VW), sounds like a winner to me.

The black on black would look nice, but I would settle for any color.

Hold off on that Phaeton - they have been dropped in the US due to close to non-existant sales.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a reason why the words Hybrid and Hype start with the same two letters.

No doubt.

I should have said that I would pay Honda to come up with a hybrid that ACTUALLY GETS THE MILEAGE QUOTED ON THE STICKER!!!

I've heard that the hybrids that state they get 50 mpg only get that kind of mileage on freeways, with no traffic, no A/C, and accelerating like my great-grandmother is driving (and that ain't good since she's been dead for 25 years!)

50 mpg would be nice, if it was actually possible.

Hold off on that Phaeton - they have been dropped in the US due to close to non-existant sales.
It will actually be coming back to the states in a year or two with some changes to bring the entry price down a bit as well as a bit more suave advertising for the upper end of the market. Between the people that KNEW about it not wanting to drop 120k on the top end version because it bore a VW badge and the rest of the world not really knowing about it, it was doomed to be a market failure, in spite of its superiority in the luxury sedan segment. The only other cars that can boast its accomplishments (full size ultra-luxo sedan with technology out the ying yang and a 200+mph top speed) were at a minimum 60k more expensive (see the MB S65, but it only beat it on the more power front), the Maserati Quattroporte, and the Bentley Flying Spur (which is BASED on the Phaeton, as is the Continental GT). Of those cars, the Maserati is the most modestly priced option. The Bently is closer to twice the cost.A couple year old Phaeton W12, fully loaded can be had for sub 60k, and a 2004 can be had for the 30s. It is what I have been looking at like crazy.
They should call it the SUV killer: M5 Estate pics
Too bad it is still a BMW. I'll never own another one. The only exception to that rule is an M6.
If you ask me, it's a big improvement over the 5-series sedan. Hardly one of Bangle's best efforts.
I get a lil' worn on hearing the "Bangle this, Bangle that" commentary. He is an award winning designer who has done nothing but IMPROVE BMWs sales. Design is very subjective, and his subjects love him and are growing by the lot.Too bad their reliability and service can't improve as well.
Unfortunately, BMW isn't through making really, really, ugly vehicles. I give you the BMW X6:bmwx66666666.jpgThis is a "coupe" SUV. Apparently they were inspired by the late Pontiac Aztek. Either that or a beached whale.
So far, this vehicle doesn't exist.They will be making an X6/7 variant, but it will be a full size Sport SUV (think X5 but bigger and more luxurious) with some sport thrown in (low slung roof line, high hip line).This isn't it though. All these renderings and chops around makes one dizzy when trying to figure out what is real and what is someones imagination.
Since money is not an object, I will have to go with Bugatti. $1.6 Mill for the Veyron. Just 1,001 HP, not bad for a production car.bugatti-veyron-16-4-1600x1200-30.jpg
I think the term "production car" should be put in parenthesis for this car. It is more like a one-off that they made a few more of. Same with the Lamborghini Reneton. The car is awesome in every way though. Watching Scott Storch diddle Lindsay Lohan with his hand in his for all the paparazzi to see was definitely worth the money he spent on it (notice I said HE spent).

No doubt.

I should have said that I would pay Honda to come up with a hybrid that ACTUALLY GETS THE MILEAGE QUOTED ON THE STICKER!!!

I've heard that the hybrids that state they get 50 mpg only get that kind of mileage on freeways, with no traffic, no A/C, and accelerating like my great-grandmother is driving (and that ain't good since she's been dead for 25 years!)

50 mpg would be nice, if it was actually possible.

The annoying thing to me is the fact that hybrids are marketed two ways:

1. Save the environment. Scowl at all the big bad hummer drivers as you drive your eco-friendly go-kart (albeit the Prius is actually a decently trimmed car). Too bad they don't mention that the environmental cost of building that car and running it for five years exceeds that of a Hummer H1, the Satan of Al Gore's world. They also choke and scoff every time this is brought up. Bill Maher still drives a Prius, but he does get to bang lots of hot Playboy coot, so kudos to him.

2. Save money. Laugh at the jerk in the Nissan Armada who is pumping a few grand worth of unleaded in to his moving-mountain because you get better gas milage. Too bad no one thought to mention that the premium you are paying to buy and maintain the car (when people have to start replacing batteries, they are REALLY going to feel it) outweighs any fuel cost savings you might have accomplished.

While I absolutely *LOVE* the Lexus LS460, the concept of a hybrid of this car is laughable, not to mention useless. But Ari Gold does drive one, so that is good enough for me.

=)

My 1993 Camry feels just a wonderful today as it did the day I drove it off the lot. It has been extremely reliable and good to me, so why would I want anything else? Besides, the only person I want to impress is me, and I am more that impressed with the sweet ride I have now.

There were times I would liked to have had a pickup, but I had a trailer hitch added, and my trailer hauls anything I need.

Thanks for the offer for a new car, but I

Unfortunately, BMW isn't through making really, really, ugly vehicles. I give you the BMW X6:

bmwx66666666.jpg

This is a "coupe" SUV. Apparently they were inspired by the late Pontiac Aztek. Either that or a beached whale.

Just thought I'd share this:

A real world picture of the X6 Concept Coupe.

P1020480.jpg

get a lil' worn on hearing the "Bangle this, Bangle that" commentary. He is an award winning designer who has done nothing but IMPROVE BMWs sales. Design is very subjective, and his subjects love him and are growing by the lot.Too bad their reliability and service can't improve as well.

Well of course there is no gainsaying that design is very subjective. Still, you have to admit he has been very controversial, and not in a positive way. I mean what other car designer ever had an online petition to have him fired? Odd though between iDrive and Bangle than BMW sales have increased.

I know it's probably a bit strange, but I love old Japanese cars from the 1970s, especially the first gen Celica.

celicas01.jpg

If I needed a second car to run around in, something like that would be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go you Mercedes Benz fans. Notice that back then these cars were distributed through Studebaker and Packard dealers. Not many people were buying Packards by this time so the dealers were peddeling these beasts instead.

post-3141-1191899512.jpg

post-3141-1191899553.jpg

Here you go you Mercedes Benz fans. Notice that back then these cars were distributed through Studebaker and Packard dealers. Not many people were buying Packards by this time so the dealers were peddeling these beasts instead.

Those are off the scale when it comes to cool. :)

Archived