J-Bar-M Barbecue At 2201 Leeland St.

I’m anxious to see the site plan on this development. Given that the vast majority of Raus Construction’s portfolio on its website looks to be soul-crushing suburban-style developments, I’m not holding out much hope for something pedestrian-friendly that helps promote walkability in the area.

I guess we will see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I’m anxious to see the site plan on this development. Given that the vast majority of Raus Construction’s portfolio on its website looks to be soul-crushing suburban-style developments, I’m not holding out much hope for something pedestrian-friendly that helps promote walkability in the area.

I guess we will see.

who needs walkability when you can have 40k sq ft of parking? 😀

Edited by Sanjorade
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HtownWxBoy said:

New renderings are up on their facebook page... actually looks like a nice place. 

Thanks for pointing us to those new renderings. Architecturally it’s better than expected, and from what I can tell it will front Hutchins and Leeland with no parking on those sides, which should help promote pedestrian traffic on this streets.

Not bad (aside from the sea of parking, but that was probably inevitable).

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

Thanks for pointing us to those new renderings. Architecturally it’s better than expected, and from what I can tell it will front Hutchins and Leeland with no parking on those sides, which should help promote pedestrian traffic on this streets.

Not bad (aside from the sea of parking, but that was probably inevitable).

Agree.   The parking was inevitable but I am really digging the actual look of the place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally posted September 12, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 8/25/2019 at 9:45 AM, HoustonMidtown said:

There is a portion of the block fenced in (the wood fence in the picture) that looks like it isn't part of the construction.

The current construction looks like 2 different things going on - one section has the sand foundation and the other looks like it could be a driveway for townhomes?

Someone on NextDoor said it was going to be a BBQ restaurant

48617733882_6e7051c624_k.jpgUntitled by Houston Midtown, on Flickr

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38007-leeland-place/?do=findComment&comment=599589

On 9/10/2019 at 8:09 PM, HtownWxBoy said:

I have a friend who lives across the street and he spoke with one of the workers who confirmed it's going to be a BBQ restaurant. 

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38007-leeland-place/?do=findComment&comment=600788

Maybe the barbecue restaurant replacing the proposed townhomes site at 2201 Leeland St is Willow's Texas BBQ?

Willow's Texas BBQ was a pop-up restaurant, then a food truck. Pitmaster Willow Villarreal stopped food truck operations recently. He also put up his truck for sale not long ago in preparation to open a barbecue restaurant somewhere in East Downtown ( EaDo )  or the Second Ward or Greater East End. My guess, he's opening here. I'm not 100% certain.

There's also this from Construction Market Data:

Grumpy Jack's Restaurant / Houston (linked to Toomey-Guesman Family LTD)

PROJECT OVERVIEW
Last Updated:    2019-8-14
Stage:    Design Development
Estimated Value:    $1,000,000 (Staff Estimate Value)

PROJECT LOCATION
State:    Texas
County:    Harris County
City:    Houston
Address:    2201 Leeland St

PROJECT TYPE
Building Category:    Restaurants
Work Type:    New

qXR5Fam.jpg

• Like 1

Originally posted September 12, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:35 AM, Andrew Ewert said:

Don't want to name names in case it's not supposed to be public knowledge, but I spoke to someone who knows the owner and they confirmed Willow's BBQ will indeed be part (but not all) of what's going up on this lot.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38007-2201-leeland-st/?do=findComment&comment=601758

Are you sure Willow's Texas BBQ is part of this development at 2201 Leeland?

Raus Construction's Facebook has a different name:

J&M BBQ & Steakhouse

dC5nR8y.jpg?1
https://www.facebook.com/RausConstruction/photos/a.1056469671038530/2679174128768068/

There's also this:

So excited to break ground on a new 8,200 SF gourmet BBQ and steakhouse near BBVA Compass Stadium!

https://www.facebook.com/RausConstruction/posts/2640631275955687

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, Andrew Ewert said:

I don't know more than I posted - supposedly this person heard directly from the owner of Willow's that they'll be going in over there. It's interesting Raus lists a different name.

It's all good. I speculated Willow's Texas BBQ a few weeks ago. Now, I'm not sure. A hired construction company would know the name of the business or businesses they're building, yes?

• Like 1

Originally posted September 24, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, Andrew Ewert said:

Aha, I bet both things are correct. Looks like it might not be "Willow's" but J&M may be the name of this new project:

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 11.45.12 AM.png

@Andrew Ewert oh. This makes sense. Thanks!

Welcome to HAIF!

• Like 1

Originally posted September 27, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:16 AM, HtownWxBoy said:

New renderings are up on their facebook page... actually looks like a nice place. 

These renderings of this ground up restaurant we are building on Leeland downtown are way cool! Fun to see in 3-D rather than just plan view and elevations. Can't wait to see the end product!!!

https://www.facebook.com/RausConstruction/posts/2706297282722419

a58dNY5.jpg

m0XJGrn.jpg

SU1h7v3.jpg

JIhF9zn.jpg

MBzt06g.jpg

2txHYy5.jpg

Thanks for the update and notice of the renderings for J&M BBQ & Steakhouse, 2201 Leeland St, Houston.

This will be a nice restaurant to have in EaDo. If Willow's Texas BBQ  is manning the grill, the food will be loads better than the barbecue place that was near the light rail and BBVA Compass stadium.

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 1

Originally posted September 27, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month. Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

The name of the barbecue restaurant in EaDo ( 2201 Leeland, Houston ) may not be  J&M BBQ & Steakhouse. The name may be  J(bar)M instead.

From a comment on Raus Construction's Facebook ten minutes ago:

It’s called J(bar)M and it’s not a steakhouse(it will be) possibly at some point but it’s a BBQ restaurant. Texas craft BBQ is the primary. Please correct your post as there is already a J&M and it’s not this. This is not the correct announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/RausConstruction/posts/2678608708824610?comment_id=2708280942524053

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...