J-Bar-M Barbecue At 2201 Leeland St.

On 9/25/2017 at 6:26 PM, Urbannizer said:

I think townhomes are usually listed as singly family plats. This one is up as unrestricted. Leeland Place is likely condos or multi-family.    

It would be great to see some more multi family units in the area. Eado didn't really get to take advantage of boom in apartments like the other neighborhoods.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Eastdwntwn said:

What is the benefit of multi family units in the area? Just curious.

Multi family will hold more people than town homes. More people = more density = more retail. Also means more traffic but generally this is why people see it as a good thing to have more multi family. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

This lot is being cleared. The entire block has not been acquired yet, though. 

Anyone have any info on what is going up here?

Finally. This block has to be one of the strangest in all of Houston. There were maybe one or two portable storage sheds on site, with a playground (?) and a bunch of 18 wheeler cabs parked there all the time. I have no clue what the property was being used for.

Meanwhile, the one holdout lot is fenced in with a metal gate up front, like somebody was thinking of putting up a single-family home and then just decided not to at the last minute.

So weird. Whatever happens to this block will be a very welcome improvement.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, HNathoo said:

I believe this is a restaurant/entertainment concept:

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 11.40.42 AM.png

Hmm thats a pretty small footprint for an entire block. Not confident in what this will be now. Maybe one building and the rest will be parking?

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, HtownWxBoy said:

I have a friend who lives across the street and he spoke with one of the workers who confirmed it's going to be a BBQ restaurant. 

@Triton @Urbannizer @Subdude @editor

should we move this to Eado East End sub for the time being if this is only going to be a bbq restaurant?

Edited by Luminare
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

And since this won't become townhomes, wouldn't it be best to change the title to at least the address and neighborhood instead? I know Leeland Place is the name of the parcel, but maybe include an address? Possibly change it to 2201 Leeland St | EaDo or 2201 Leeland St | East Downtown since this won't be named Leeland Place?

@Triton @Urbannizer @Subdude @intencity77 @Montrose1100

6 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38007-leeland-place/?do=findComment&comment=599589

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/38007-leeland-place/?do=findComment&comment=600788

Maybe the barbecue restaurant replacing the proposed townhomes site at 2201 Leeland St is Willow's Texas BBQ?

Willow's Texas BBQ was a pop-up restaurant, then a food truck. Pitmaster Willow Villarreal stopped food truck operations recently. He also put up his truck for sale not long ago in preparation to open a barbecue restaurant somewhere in East Downtown ( EaDo )  or the Second Ward or Greater East End. My guess, he's opening here. I'm not 100% certain.

I agree, though it seems you answered your own question. We just don't know what on earth is going on here. Nothing but rumors thus far. Lets just see what happens. At that point the title can change. Would be nice for some info to be out there. Looks like we need to do a little bit more digging.

• The title was changed to 2201 Leeland St
  • 2 weeks later...