Montrose1100

More Photos:

Jefferson Davis Hospital

jeffdavis2.jpg

Entrance to lower floor of Hospital

jeffdavis3.jpg

(next photo courtesy of bluishorange.com)

4.jpg

Door to lower level of hospital

jeffdavis4.jpg

Hall of DEATH

jeffdavis5.jpg

Elevator remains

jeffdavis6.jpg

6.jpg

Outside, old patient cards and machines

10.jpg

The incenerator

13.jpg

Wow, those are GREAT pics :) It is actually what the building looked like the first time i went inside, however over the past year SO MANY changes have happened...some HORRIBLE changes like the complete a-holes who decided to put their names all over the beautiful building (how UNIMPRESSIVE is that) and now the new construction that is going on........I cant wait to see it when it is finished, i only wonder how tolerant the new residents will be of the "old" residents :) Guess we will see!!! I only wish i could move in LOL!!!! I have been inside more than 30 times and i have ALWAYS loved the architecture and history of this beautiful building...I only wish the LOSERS who destroyed it would have stayed in their holes............ :angry:

• 2 months later...
Dear Houstonites:

If you need any info on the JDH renovation, just let me know. Our company, Artspace Projects, is the developer. I'll check the board every few days. Thanks! Dean Crowell

I thought it was a company called Duroteck or something like that?

Anyway I have lot of of Pics from the insides as they renovate the old girl and bring her back here are just a few if you are interested!

New Blue Prints

Artist drawing

The Building when new

Front shot in begining of revovation

Archway on side of stairsRear of old HospitalSide by Fire department

Old fire escape and garabage chute Opposite side.

Grill work under stairs

Another view of the old Hospital today.

Downtown from the top of the stairs

I hope you all like these. I have many more of you are interested.

I thought I would share some of my most recent photos of the Place. These are of the boiler house in back of the hospital. As you can tell like the Hospital this place has been pretty gutted as well. It is still a wonderful place to look at.

Front exterior of Boiler House

West corner of boiler house.

West side of Boiler house

Looking at the back of the boiler house.

Right rear entrance of the Boiler house building

Exhaust Stake in back of building #1

Exhaust stake in back of Boiler house Building #2

Left rear of Boiler house.

Standing in back of main room looking at the front towards Hospital.

Standign in front looking at the back of the boiler house and stack.

Main room shoot #2

Left side room of the Boiler house.Standing on the West sdie of Building.

Well that all for now. I will get the rest up as soon as possible. As far as I know now there is no plans to do any work on this building at this time.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought I woudl share soem of my most recent photos of the Place. These are of the boiler house in back of the hospital. As you can tell like the Hospital this place has been pretty gutted as well. It is still a wonderful place to look at.

Front exterior of Boiler House

West corner of boiler house.

West side of Boiler house

Looking at the back of the boiler house.

Right rear entrance of the Boiler house building

Exhaust Stake in back of building #1

Exhaust stake in back of Boiler house Building #2

Left rear of Boiler house.

Standing in back of main room looking at the front towards Hospital.

Standign in front looking at the back of the boiler house and stack.

Main room shoot #2

Left side room of the Boiler house.Standing on the West sdie of Building.

Well that all for now. I will get the rest up as soon as possible. As far as I know now there is no plans to do any work on this building at this time.

some time ago, I heard that the old Jeff would become artists lofts, which is just a fancy name for.........just more apartments. Is this true? I died inside. I died. It seems such a horrible and unfitting end to this historic and sacred place. Haven't enough graves been paved over and destroyed in this city? Can't "they" create instead, a wonderful museum to the past and its archeological worth? Must it be just another "witches hat" and fouled by overcrowding and progress? Please let me know what is happening!

Sincerely GINNIPIG

• 4 weeks later...

I went there with my soon to be girlfriend at the time, now fiance a few months ago and there were probably 8 to 10 hispanic kids there when we got there. We had to help eachother under a chainlink fence and it was late and dark. The doors were boarded up, so we...ahem... helped them along... it was already cracked a little anyway- going inside a dark mostly empty building, there's tagging all over the walls. There was a room to the right full of what seemed to have been wooden/metal shelves, about 2-4 rooms full. And we went upstairs, through a lot of dangerously sharp debris, kicking beer bottles and condom wrappers out of the way- we were just in a large open room, it was eerie and most of the boys there didn't stay long... there was another building we could see from behind that one... right next to the Fire Department actually [which we saw firemen out there staring at us- which- seconds after leaving, cops drove into the hospital "parking area"- so it wouldda been the wrong place to be at the wrong time] the other building was hella boarded up- we wouldn'ta been able to get inside anyway- but it was mostly dangerous [i worried we'd probably be attacked or raped just being INSIDE] not scared so much of ghostly spirits, as I was the LIVING ones... Anyway, it took a LOT of effort to see a little bit of nothing... soo, there's your experience- you didn't miss much ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering if anyone else has been following the reconstruction of this historic old building? She is such a wonderful building it was such a shame to see her sit empty for so long. Now she is really taking shape. I posted a bunch of photos of her in the thread posted below if anyone is interested in looking at them. There is also another link that will bring you to more photos.

Reconstruction of the old Jefferson Davis Hospital

Link to thread containing more pictures of the reconstruction.

• 5 weeks later...

Ive visited the hospital at least 4 times... reconstructing this place is not a good idea. lol. Sorry, but while I was there with my 8 friends each time all our batteries died within seconds, flashlights and cameras. I felt things I could never explain in words, and I dont see how ppl living in this building is a good idea. I guess it is common to rebuild a place like this, but those spirits might be a little annoyed. I wouldnt live there is it was free.

I am not to sure about the ghosts and all and how mean or other wise they are but I do know that the only time my camera malfunctioned was when they were digging in the basement and uncovering the bodies that are buried underneath the structure. It worked fine before that day and has worked fine ever since. It was just that day and that day only that my camera has ever malfunctioned.

I went there with my soon to be girlfriend at the time, now fiance a few months ago and there were probably 8 to 10 hispanic kids there when we got there.  We had to help eachother under a chainlink fence and it was late and dark.  The doors were boarded up, so we...ahem... helped them along... it was already cracked a little anyway- going inside a dark mostly empty building, there's tagging all over the walls.  There was a room to the right full of what seemed to have been wooden/metal shelves, about 2-4 rooms full.  And we went upstairs, through a lot of dangerously sharp debris, kicking beer bottles and condom wrappers out of the way- we were just in a large open room, it was eerie and most of the boys there didn't stay long... there was another building we could see from behind that one... right next to the Fire Department actually [which we saw firemen out there staring at us- which- seconds after leaving, cops drove into the hospital "parking area"- so it wouldda been the wrong place to be at the wrong time] the other building was hella boarded up- we wouldn'ta been able to get inside anyway- but it was mostly dangerous [i worried we'd probably be attacked or raped just being INSIDE] not scared so much of ghostly spirits, as I was the LIVING ones... Anyway, it took a LOT of effort to see a little bit of nothing... soo, there's your experience- you didn't miss much ;)

So what would happen if you were caught in this building by the fuzz. Would they arrest you, write you a ticket, or just send you on your way. I would absolutely love to walk through the building, but I do not have the balls to tresspass and rape sounds like the makings of a bad day.

I would absolutely love to walk through the building, but I do not have the balls to tresspass and rape sounds like the makings of a bad day.

The only way you will ever get to walk through this building now is if you either bacame a memeber of the construction crew or were granted permission to rent a place in it after the work is completed. Believe me when I say that it looks nothing like it use to. They may even have to take it off the Houston Haunted tour soon.

Well I was born at Jefferson Davis Hospital and i never figured it to be haunted. Since it is I guess that would probably be apart of my infertility. It was probably a curse or something, because my mother witnessed that when she was having me no doctor was in the room and the lights went out on her. She said that about time the doctors came i was already delivered and evil spirits dwell on new borns especially if they were there to witness a birth. I'm not blaming my infertility on the hospital, but there is no logical explanation to why and I link it back to that hospital. How could the lights just go out only in my mother's delivery room?