Montrose1100

I bet they could probably get enough people to fill it. I mean I have actually met people who would like to live somewhere haunted, then there are also those who don't believe in it or just don't care either way. I wonder if anyone who moves in might not know the history of the building. I wonder what they would do if they had been living there for a month and then hear it from their neighbor.

HEEEERRRRE'S JOHNNY!

I bet they could probably get enough people to fill it.  I mean I have actually met people who would like to live somewhere haunted, then there are also those who don't believe in it or just don't care either way.  I wonder if anyone who moves in might not know the history of the building.  I wonder what they would do if they had been living there for a month and then hear it from their neighbor.

• 1 month later...

If you wish to see about obtaining a place of residence in the newly renovated Jefferson Davis Hospital you will need to contact. Everyone needs to move quick I under stand they are going fast.

Alpha-Barnes

Real Estate Services

Arron P Reece

Regional Manager

Houston Regional Office

713-974-8875 Voice

713-974-8876 Fax

areece@alpha-barnes.com Email.

510 Bering dr, Suite 300 Houston, Texas 77057.

Now the rooms are not all that big but they are big enough for a single person or couple without kids. If anyone from this list gets in please invite me in and for a short tour of your new place I will trade pictures of the renovations.

As soon as thing quiet down at the Astrodome/reliant center and the George R. Brown complex I will post up so new photos of the place as it looks now.

And I am sorry for the miss spelling but I have not had much sleep lately so I am making some dumb mistakes. You get 2 or 3 hours of sleep a day for a few days while working with New orleans evacs and see how well you do with your typing. :huh:

Well I will get the pics up soon everyone take care okay.

it was only a tounge in cheek jab. i have a twisted sense of humor and a bad spelling habit as well. hope you can see the humor in it.

Yes looking back I see the humor now. I was absolutely exhausted when I posted up the last to so please accept my apologizes. A nice hot shower and 20 Hours of sleep can really change a person out look on life and restore my humor. :D

As soon as things slow down I will post up some of the new photos of how the Jefferson Davis Hospital looks now

And I will put up some of the GRB center as it is now.

Okay here is some more information on the place.

It is now called the Elder St. Artist Lofts.

Designed as: ARTIST LIVE/WORK STUDIOS

New Renovations - First time on the Market. 34 Units- 28 Unique Floor Plans.

Designed for one, Two, and Three person Occupancy.

Affordable Housing Rents from $575/Month - $985/month*

Income limits apply to some rents.

For appointment see the info I posted above.

I also have a list of the Resident selection Policy and i will try to get it up later or maybe anyone interested we can arrange for me to fax you a copy or something.

Okay here is the link to the old thread on the Hospital

Old Jefferson Davis Hospital Thread with Pictures.

And here are some new pictures for everyone to enjoy.

You are looking at the main entrance

DSCN0645.jpg

The main entrance is behind you and you are looking at the new custom elevator and stairs going up.

DSCN0680.jpg

Rear unit looking at one set of stairs going up.

DSCN0682.jpg

Front corner unit second floor. One bedroom unit.

DSCN0672.jpg

Just for everyones information the area below the stairs is known as the Basement. The first floor starts at the top of the stairs. They really did a fantastic job with this place. The pictures really do not do it any true justice.

This is the apartment under the main stairs. It is one of the few 2 bedroom units.

DSCN0643.jpg

2nd floor hallway. You can see that they put all of the orginal door ways back in place just sealed over. if you believe in ghost this shoudl prove interesting.

DSCN0642.jpg

One of the kitchens. This room is on the second floor and has the best view of downtown and the surrounding area. It is a 1 bedroom unit though.

DSCN0632.jpg

One of the bed rooms. Notice the dividing wall in the background. It is a common feature through out the uints. In many rooms it is the only thing dividing the Bedroom from the living room.

DSCN0556.jpg

One of the bed rooms. Notice the dividing wall in the background. It is a common feature through out the uints. In many rooms it is the only thing dividing the Bedroom from the living room.

This is what got me at Live Oak Lofts.

"Amazing features! Exposed duct work! A wall between your bedroom and your living room! Open floorplan! No money down and NO doors! Act now! Going fast! !!!"

Hasn't anyone ever heard of a freaking door? Sorry, but even in a 1B/1Ba, I'd like to have some privacy if I have guests over. Or if a guest needs a private place to change clothes or something. Then what? A curtain. How contemporary! I'm living like an artist now... So poor, I can't even afford a door!

---------------------------------

Live from Lex and Poor Artist's Doorless House

• 2 weeks later...

there are more windows now than before, and the units are very visible from the outside - the tenants are going to need good window coverings if they want some privacy!

anyhow, here are a couple of pictures i took from a few days ago:

this is a roof view - but the upper floor would be about the same...

(and who says downtown isn't bright enough!)

jdhrv.jpg

this was uncovered at the foot of the entry steps:

jdhsteps.jpg

Is a door really that important? It cracks me up to see how many people are appalled by not having a bedroom door. A door does not equal luxury. I have been in several friends $1,2,3 Million apartments in Manhattan that do not even have bedroom walls. JFK Jr. lived in a $2.5M loft without a bedroom door. I too live in a loft without a bedroom door. Some of my Houston friends think that it is a bit strange. It is a specific concept in housing that is not for everyone, but should be available. To some people features such as high ceilings, huge bathrooms, and great fixtures are more of a priority.

• 3 weeks later...
Was there an English colony here on Buffalo Bayou in the 1600's? If so, it is unknown to history at this time

I have heard some say that it was German and some English and since there is no solid records I guess we will never really know.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...