Montrose1100

Well I was born at Jefferson Davis Hospital and i never figured it to be haunted.

I doubt that you were born at that hospital unless you are in your late 70's to 80's

You were probably born at the other Jefferson Davis hospital that use to be on Allen Parkway. It was built on top of an old cemetary as well. As for the rest of your story? Well it is possible.

I doubt that you were born at that hospital unless you are in your late 70's to 80's

You were probably born at the other Jefferson Davis hospital that use to be on Allen Parkway. It was built on top of an old cemetary as well. As for the rest of your story? Well it is possible.

Does anybody have any additional information regarding the refurbishing of the old Jeff Davis Hospital into artist's lofts? I corresponded with Dean Crowel with Artspace a few months back, but he did not respond to my most recent emailing. Any info out there?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest KOKON Steel

i went there once and i think it was haunted because i stepped into the doorway and this homeless man jumped out at me and threw a tomato can in my general direction so yeah i guess yeah I'd say it's haunted with the homeless sort and whatnot peace im outta here

:ph34r:

KOKON Steel

i went there once and i think it was haunted because i stepped into the doorway and this homeless man jumped out at me and threw a tomato can in my general direction so yeah i guess yeah I'd say it's haunted with the homeless sort and whatnot peace im outta here

It may be haunted but not with the homeless anymore.

Found a shot of the building undergoing renovation in early November of 2004. Looks like they've finished the roof and graffiti, and have knocked out all the old glass.

git yo renovate on

I haven't been by there lately, are they done renovating yet? I would love to rent there...

I drove by the building for the first time ever on Sunday. I was taken aback by how small it was. I thought the building looked cool, but I was expecting something a bit larger. It looks like they are making some progress.

What is an Artist Loft Anyways?

• 2 weeks later...

Some friends and I from my work went on a few occasions. The first time we made a video and audio recording with a mini recorder. Unfortunately there was a lot of background noise. We did get some strange sounds that did not make any sense there. The video cameras battery was only a week old and fully charged, yet went dead after just under half an hour. I got some interesting photos, 2 actually. However, most of the film did not come out. The enrgies in that building are in no way good. The lofts are beyond a bad idea. But, some must learn the hard way.

The last time I went was about 10 months ago. The security guard on duty, whose identity I will not give, allowed me and a friend to take some photos of the outside and record audio while we were there. Not one picture came out. Not one. The audio produced, after I said something most of you would not ever comprehend, wht appears to be a womans voice singing in a whisper. However, I can not tell what is said.

8-X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I thought I would share some of my most recent photos of the Place. These are of the boiler house in back of the hospital. As you can tell like the Hospital this place has been pretty gutted as well. It is still a wonderful place to look at.

Front exterior of Boiler House

West corner of boiler house.

West side of Boiler house

Looking at the back of the boiler house.

Right rear entrance of the Boiler house building

Exhaust Stake in back of building #1

Exhaust stake in back of Boiler house Building #2

Left rear of Boiler house.

Standing in back of main room looking at the front towards Hospital.

Standign in front looking at the back of the boiler house and stack.

Main room shoot #2

Left side room of the Boiler house.Standing on the West sdie of Building.

Well that all for now. I will get the rest up as soon as possible. As far as I know now there is no plans to do any work on this building at this time.

I have a question for you...Last month A friend and myself snuck into the hospital and the old boiler room....I read that you do walk throughs so I was wondering if you knew what all the canal things on the floor of the boiler room were for? They go all through the room and I would think theres too many of them to be any kind of grooves the boiler its self made?

I have lived in Alabama for 10 years but was born and raised in Houston. In 18 years I never really knew about JDH so I never got a chance to explore the structure, both for the haunted aspect and the pure beauty of the building. I want to see the progress on the lofts when I come into town in a couple weeks. I think preserving JDH is great. Just wondering if it is as haunted as it is suppose to be, what the tenate turn over rate will be...

• 3 weeks later...

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN TO THE HOSPITAL ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND IT WAS A UNPLEASENT EXPERIENCE THERE WAS ABOUT 7 TO 9 OF US WHO WENT TOGETHER AS A GROUP WE WENT THROUGH THE BACK AND ALL HELD HANDS TO LEAD EACH OTHER THROUGH THE DARK STAIR WAY I FELT AN AWFUL PRESENCE SO I JUST CLOSED MY EYES WHILE MY BOYFRIEND LEAD ME ON WHEN WE REACH THE TOP THERE WAS A OTHER SMALL GROUP OF 5 WITH A CAMCORDER WHEN THE BOY WHO WAS HOLDING IT FEEL IN FRONT OF US HE SAID SOMEONE PUSHED HIM HIS CAMCORDER BROKE INTO PIECES HE ASKED HIS FREINDS WHO DID IT BUT IT WASNT ANY OF THEM SO I INSISTED THAT WE SHOULD LEAVE ASAP SO EVERYONE HEADED BACK DOWN THE STAIRS AND THE WHOLE TIME YOU FELT AS IF YOU HAD A BIG LOAD ON YOUR SHOULDERS

THATS THE BEST WAY I CAN DESCRIBE IT

EVERYONE FELT IT SO WE TRIED TO MAKE PACE WHEN SOME HOW OUR LEADER GOT LOST AND ALMOST FEEL INTO THE EMPTY ELAVATOR ALSO, IT WAS ABOUT 98 DEGREES OUTSIDE BUT SOME PARTS THE BUILDING FELT AS IF WAS 60 AT THAT TIME.THE SERCURITY WASNT VERY GOOD (HE WAS LAZY) HE SAW US ALL RUN OUT SCREAMING AND HE LAUGHED AND SAID ''I HOPE YOU KIDS LEARNED YOUR LESSON'' TRUST ME WE DID ALL OF STILL HAVE NOT GONE UP THERE EVER AGAIN

I HOPE THAT THE RENOVATION GOES WELL AND YOU DONT EXPERIENCE THE SAME AWFUL FEELING THAT WE ALL DID MAYBE WE'LL ALL DRIVE BY ONE DAY ITS FINISHED TO SEE A GREAT JOB THAT WAS DONE ;)

Well besides my digital camera not working the day they were examine some of the graves in the basement area I have not experienced much. But lately a lot of the workers and especially the nighttime security guards have been experiencing a lot of activity.

Work on the building is nearly complete all of the new windows are installed and sealed and many of the rooms are nearing completion as well and they now have air conditioning running in the majority of the rooms. I was chatting with one of the security guards the other day and he was telling me that just a few days ago finished his rounds and the crew had just left for the day after shutting the old girl down and sealing her up. He was sitting in his car listening o the radio when he heard a noise. Stepping out of his car he noticed that every window on the hospital was wide open. How that happened he did not know. He called a fellow office over and they went through and re-closed all of the windows.

The only other story is pretty common and has to do with tools moving on their own. A worker will put down his tools to work on some thing reach back down to pick it up and it will be gone and. He may or may not find it and if he does it will be across the room where it should not be.

hey everyone i have a story to tell i beent o JDH like 4 times the first time i went and everytime i went it was eather 12 in the morning or later first time i went i didn't hear nothing or see nothing the 2nd time i went nothing as well but when i went back to my homeboys car i was sitting at the back and i looked out the window and on the window i saw a kids skull and hand prints i tryed whiping it away but it wouldn't go away i told my friends they where like dang thats crazy cause we would go look for places that are haunted and the 3rd time i went i heard ladys screaming the 4th time i went it was weird i was scared man i went into that one hallway you have on top the photo and if ya know like if you bang on the walls it would be hard would barley make any noises i walked through there and i heard a man screaming like a deep voice and the walls started shaking i was like oh ____ did ya hear that and none of my friends heard anything or felt the walls shaking then we walked in deeper i looked in the restroom and i flashed my flashed light and i saw a shadow even with the flashlight the shadow was there i was scared so i didn't want to look at it so i looked down and the first time i went there we got scared cause the security gaurd saw us but they didn't go in but me and my friend was like lets leave but my other homeboy told him and his girl to go inside and i looked out and the close was clear so we headed over to the car then we waited for my other homeboy to come back out and when they came back out they where all scared they where like the saw globes and shadows in the one room and the ceiling started shaking i was like dang thats crazy and his girl said she even saw shadows where the light would shine out from the window and one other time when i wasn't there my homeboy went with his other homeboy he said he brought a camcorder and he heard stuff then he got scared and ran out then when they looked back at the footage every single time they stoped walking on the camra they would hear ladys high heels clicking and screams then when they walked the camcorder didn't have nothin thats creepy but if you ever went there you should know that if you go in groups you would sometimes hardly ever hear nothin but if you just split up and go with one other person you would most likely hear things for some reason

if you live in alief i know a haunted grave yard i think its a pet cemitary cause the twotimes i went there i heard screams and i saw shadows if ya wannak now where it is i can tell ya

my only paranormal-related experiences had to do with cold spots in the basement (during the middle of summer). friends (on separate occasions), though, have described strikingly similar instances of viewing a girl on the third floor...

i never really have been in tune with any paranormal related things, but the cold was there...!

• 3 weeks later...

a6f35cfb.jpg

1a91aa08.jpg

3ae266c8.jpg

137a0e82.jpg

be7fa0b7.jpg

af8f0d35.jpg

b9d8baf7.jpg

5fa03f8e.jpg

The security guard who was on duty saw me taking pictures out front and he asked if I wanted to look around inside. We went to all the floors. Kitchen cabinets and mircowave were already inatalled in the appartment units we went into. Floors still need to be redone. Felt very creepy inside the hospital. Did not take any pictures inside, but i'm going to go back and see if the guard will let me look around again.

• Like 1