Any Issues?

HoustonMidtown

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not been able to perform some moderator functions, the “like” button for posts appears not to be working anymore, when I click for the most recent post on a particular topic, it instead takes me to the top of whatever page said post is on. What is going on??

A couple more data points: emoji are not working (everything looks OK when composing a post, but they don't appear when the post is submitted), and the button to insert hyperlinks returns an error, but it's still possible to insert a link by just pasting it into the body of the post. 

Every time I see the title of this thread and the growing list of unresolved issues, I think of Lou Reed's onstage comment from "Take No Prisoners": "Gimme an issue, and I'll give you a tissue..." 

The rest of his definitely-NSFW statement is best left as an exercise for the reader. 

Detailed search feature not working? Trying to search via title of the thread and the search button doesn't process and submit.

Trying to look for Avenue 360 Health in Midtown. 

Edit: I see this, which can also let me achieve the search.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Try searching for:

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve given up performing moderator duties as none of the moderator functions are working for me...Move, Edit, Hide, none of them work. Looks like the administrator doesn’t care either (as this has been going on for weeks) so I guess y’all can say whatever the hell you like now. Lol. =P

8 minutes ago, intencity77 said:

I’ve given up performing moderator duties as none of the moderator functions are working for me...Move, Edit, Hide, none of them work. Looks like the administrator doesn’t care either (as this has been going on for weeks) so I guess y’all can say whatever the hell you like now. Lol. =P

I'd like this post but that doesn't work so moo

• 3 weeks later...

Issues update:

- couldn't figure out how to embed and image still - the link dialog box and code dialog box are both broken

- :D Emoticons still seem to be working

- reactions not so much

- auto-bulleted lists don't work either

- the twitter style at tagging isn't working @editor

- finally, the contact us dialog box that you get by clicking the link at the bottom of the page doesn't work

• 2 weeks later...

The Link button doesn't work, but you can paste the link directly into the body of the post. An error message will appear at the bottom that says "The link could not be embedded", but if you ignore it the link will indeed work once the post has been submitted. 

2 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

The Link button doesn't work, but you can paste the link directly into the body of the post. An error message will appear at the bottom that says "The link could not be embedded", but if you ignore it the link will indeed work once the post has been submitted. 

Thanks for the reply, and of course you're correct.

I'd prefer to have the link function restored. Call me compulsive, but it looks neater.

14 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

I'd prefer to have the link function restored. Call me compulsive, but it looks neater.

I'd prefer to have all of the functions restored that haven't worked in quite some time. <insert broken eyeroll emoji here>

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep.  We're back up.  Sorry I had to take it down for a bit.  I moved it to a new server with a new provider in a new city.  Hopefully things will be much better from here on out.

I can tell so far that it seems much faster, at least on the back end.

Please please please kick the tires, and let me know via direct message if there are any problems still.  I hope that all of the previously broken functions are now fixed.

5 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The photos hosted on Imgur aren't showing since the move to the new server.

Thanks for letting me know.  This sounds familiar, like a problem we had maybe four or five years ago.  I'll see if I can figure out how I fixed it that time.

Much faster, and so far all of the previous issues certainly seem to be fixed now. 

Guessing that all of the baseball-related calendar entries that showed up as new posts were triggered by the server migration? Not that I'm averse to reliving some of those, at least up until the ALCS. 

• 4 weeks later...

Some of you may have noticed that posting content occasionally makes the forum... let's call it "pause."

Waiting for a bit causes the post to be posted, so there's no data loss.  It's just annoying.

I'm working on tracking this down, just so everyone knows.

Archived