Sign in to follow this  
hindesky

Yucatán Taco Stand

This place used to be so popular especially on Sunday for their brunch with dj's. Finally after well over a year something else is going in.

x9xqKCl.jpg

• Like 2

I assume this is going to be the second location, there is one in the Woodlands with the same name. I went before a show once, food and drink were good but nothing spectacular.

So cool to have a new venue in Houston to carry on the Yucatan - Stand reference name!   I will check this place out!

Edited by ANDROID 26
  • Like 1

Moderator edit: User trymahjong created new thread entitled "Yucatán Taco closed? Is that a weirdly bad luck location?"

It seems hard for restaurants to be successful at that Montrose location.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2017 at 7:48 AM, trymahjong said:

Moderator edit: User trymahjong created new thread entitled "Yucatán Taco closed? Is that a weirdly bad luck location?"

It seems hard for restaurants to be successful at that Montrose location.

I tried them shortly after they opened, the food was horrible and I vowed to never go back. About 1 week before they closed I decided to try them again partly because the parking lot was full so I figured they might have revamped the menu, it was as horrible as the first time I went. 

Not sure how that's a bad location. That was Berryhill's forever. 

Here's a hint, if you open a tex-mex joint and your food is gross, you're not going to be in business long. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Not sure how that's a bad location. That was Berryhill's forever. 

Here's a hint, if you open a tex-mex joint and your food is gross, you're not going to be in business long. 

And the Berryhill took over as the Sunday brunch location after La Strada closed(my wife said it wasn't as much fun as La Strada, though), so if the food is acceptable, a restaurant can succeed there.

• Like 1

Back in the day, Berryhill Sunday's rocked (2006 time frame; start at La Strada, then to Berryhill around 4:00, then around 7:00 to wherever you could stumble to next).  But that parking lot sucks, so unless the restaurant is really good, I'm driving to the next taco stand.  

• Like 1

i think this is one of the most terribly parked retail centers in the area in in terms of volume for uses and layout.  plus the parking spots look narrower than code.  either that, or i need to re-calibrate my eyeball tape measure.

Edited by Evil Developer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Evil Developer said:

i think this is one of the most terribly parked retail centers in the area in in terms of volume for uses and layout.  plus the parking spots look narrower than code.  either that, or i need to re-calibrate my eyeball tape measure.

I think they are narrow. There have been times when I passed on going to Einsteins because of the parking.