swtsig

Kirby Crossing: UK Mixed-Use with a HEB, West Alabama at Kirby

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the day this gets built, and the one on MacGregor and 288. My main grocery store is the Montrose HEB and because it's so popular the only time I will venture in there is when I get up early on Sunday morning before the crowds overwhelm it. Both these other stores will take a lot of the pressure off my store. I actually set my alarm to get up around 6:00 -6:30 am just to get my shopping in before my bicycle ride.

That's the only one I ever went to but now that they opened up the one in the Heights and are about to open the one on Washington, I'll never venture that far away anymore, especially since it didn't have easy access from any major roads... I usually had to take Allen Parkway to Dunlavy just to get there. So I think it's safe to say that that Montrose HEB will be getting some relief soon.... but I think HEB is also looking towards the future and sees the large amount of incoming cond and multi-family developments in the area and are planning for that future growth as well.

• Like 5

Saw a fence around the buildings of the project except on the western portion where they are letting construction workers for Hanover RO and Giorgetti park. I assume demo is coming soon.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Saw a fence around the buildings of the project except on the western portion where they are letting construction workers for Hanover RO and Giorgetti park. I assume demo is coming soon.

Now we are talking. Quick someone find renders or a site plan for this one!

• Like 4

I hadn't been by here in a while, and I drove up and was surprised at how different the place looks with this building

edit: I just realized what I was seeing was the Giorgetti behind here

Edited by cspwal
  • Like 4

On 6/21/2019 at 11:35 PM, ekdrm2d1 said:

jC4UfiP.jpg

did they ever buy that property that the golf building is siting on? I remember one image that looked like the golf building was a holdout and not part of the development. Has this changed?

@Urbannizer

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Luminare said:

did they ever buy that property that the golf building is siting on? I remember one image that looked like the golf building was a holdout and not part of the development. Has this changed?

@Urbannizer

Yep, all owned by HEB/Midway.

• Like 6

I’m curious about this project, could be HEB’s most urban concept? It is becoming such a dense area, maybe they will replicate Pearl and Whole Foods in midtown, hopefully even more. Love HEB 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZRFkris said:

I’m curious about this project, could be HEB’s most urban concept? It is becoming such a dense area, maybe they will replicate Pearl and Whole Foods in midtown, hopefully even more. Love HEB 

More urban than the one on Washington with office and multi-family?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triton said:

More urban than the one on Washington with office and multi-family?

Yeah, in the most urban version they build their own functional public transit system to other residential and business hubs. The downside is that they set aside 60% of residential units for foreign investors who will leave the unit empty, and they peg the price of groceries to a NYC Whole Foods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One building left in the middle. The far western portion of this area doesn't have a fence around it, did HEB buy the whole block?

tECD5Sv.jpg

• Like 9

And the hits...keep...on...coming. Its like every week thus far in 2020 we get an major announcement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luminare said:

And the hits...keep...on...coming. Its like every week thus far in 2020 we get an major announcement.

It reminds me of 2012 and 2013 on HAIF. Those were some crazy years... new announcements every week, and they all seemed to be focused in the uptown or downtown areas.

• Like 7

Super excited for this development, Todd making some big time moves over the last couple of years. Freaking love HEB. 

• Like 1

Is this going to be a two story HEB with structured parking? If so I guess that would make 4 in the Houston area - Heights, Washington Ave, Meyerland, and now the UK.

• Like 2

We need a 5th downtown.  It could be HEB's flagship for Houston

• Like 2

These residential high rises have been phenomenal at increasing retail density. It's an obvious outcome and I love it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cspwal said:

We need a 5th downtown.  It could be HEB's flagship for Houston

central market will always be HEB's flagship for houston though? 

the gumption to build this across the street from Whole Foods is just.... wow.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 1:48 PM, Urbannizer said:

Despite the title of this thread and references above to Midway, the plat highly suggests to me that this is going to be just another H-E-B. Of course, that's not a criticism of the project. Their newest Meyerland location is really nice.

The landowner is 2700 Alabama Kirby, LLC with H-E-B, LP signing at its sole member. This means that H-E-B, LP is the sole owner of the entity at this time. H-E-B does develop conventional shopping centers that they anchor, but I'm not aware of them developing any apartment or mixed-use projects. Perhaps H-E-B will get more creative, but I doubt they are going to think out of the box with this one.

Edited by nate
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ZRFkris said:

They have a mixed use development built off Washington.

But HEB didn't develop that land. Someone else did and got HEB to come on-board later.