Kirby Crossing: UK Mixed-Use With A HEB, W. Alabama At Kirby Dr.

swtsig

• 5 months later...
On 2/6/2018 at 2:40 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The vacant parcel, formerly the site of the Kirby Court apartments and A.D. Players Theater, sits across from a Whole Foods Market and Bed Bath and Beyond. It is near Gables' West Ave mixed-use development, Hanover's Upper Kirby apartment project and Stolz Partners' Giorgetti luxury condo project.

oh wow, that's where this is! I've been confused for a week :lol:

Project seems to go a long with the expanding Upper Kirby.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

They were wondering if HEB will remove the trees.  We will see!

To H-E-B's credit, they preserved many of the beautiful oaks that graced the Wilshire Apartments at their Montrose location at the expense of adding several parking spaces. Although parking can be tight at that location, I think the oaks add immensely to the attractiveness of the site, and created a measure of good will among the neighbors.

I certainly hope they take the same approach at the proposed new location. As you say, we will see.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

HBJ’s 2019 Landmark Awards: Land Deal winner and finalists

https://bakerkatz.com/hbjs-2019-landmark-awards-land-deal-winner-and-finalists/

Winner: H-E-B’s Land Purchase at Kirby Boulevard and West Alabama Street

Developer: Midway/H-E-B

Seller: Tommy Dickey / Tom Lipincott

Attorney: Greg Erwin

Broker: Tim Dosch and David Marshall (represented seller); Baker Katz (represented H-E-B)

San Antonio-based H-E-B Grovery Co. closed on its purchase of land near the northwest intersection of Kirby Drive and West Alabama Street in February 2018, HBJ reported a year ago. Houston-based firms Dosch Marshall Real Estate and Baker Katz represented the seller and H-E-B, respectively.

The grocery giant has been mum about its plans for the land, but it is partnering with Houston-based Midway Cos. to develop the property. Midway did not share any information about H-E-B at the time, and a timeline for development was not available.

The Upper Kirby area is a hot spot of grocery activity, with Whole Foods Market just across Kirby Drive and Trader Joe’s half a mile east on West Alabama. Additionally, H-E-B’s Montrose store is a mile east on West Alabama, and its Buffalo Speedway store is less than two miles away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the day this gets built, and the one on MacGregor and 288. My main grocery store is the Montrose HEB and because it's so popular the only time I will venture in there is when I get up early on Sunday morning before the crowds overwhelm it. Both these other stores will take a lot of the pressure off my store. I actually set my alarm to get up around 6:00 -6:30 am just to get my shopping in before my bicycle ride.

That's the only one I ever went to but now that they opened up the one in the Heights and are about to open the one on Washington, I'll never venture that far away anymore, especially since it didn't have easy access from any major roads... I usually had to take Allen Parkway to Dunlavy just to get there. So I think it's safe to say that that Montrose HEB will be getting some relief soon.... but I think HEB is also looking towards the future and sees the large amount of incoming cond and multi-family developments in the area and are planning for that future growth as well.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Saw a fence around the buildings of the project except on the western portion where they are letting construction workers for Hanover RO and Giorgetti park. I assume demo is coming soon.

Now we are talking. Quick someone find renders or a site plan for this one!

• Like 4

I hadn't been by here in a while, and I drove up and was surprised at how different the place looks with this building

edit: I just realized what I was seeing was the Giorgetti behind here

Edited by cspwal
  • Like 4